Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Probably just more Putin psy-ops... but it's interesting.

Photo at link

Putin Takes the Throne

" Russian President Vladimir Putin was visiting Karyes, the administrative center of the Orthodox enclave of Mount Athos. The above photo, of Putin standing at an ancient throne alongside Greek officials and Orthodox dignitaries (as is the local custom for greeting visiting Orthodox heads of state on Mount Athos), was described by various Russian news outlets, both within the country and abroad, as Putin standing at a place which had until now been reserved only for Byzantine emperors "

more at link

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/05/28/a-new-emperor-takes-the-throne/

Last edited:
Reactions: tranquil

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Russian TV's weekly news review shows Putin on Mount Athos on "honored throne..used by Byzantine emperors"

pic.twitter.com/BysvwpPO3X — Steve Rosenberg (@BBCSteveR) May 29, 2016

Prophecies of the ancients are coming to fruition. New Byzantine Emperor Vladimir, welcome! ? #Putin #Путин

pic.twitter.com/myoPS8Rctf — Nina Byzantina (@NinaByzantina) May 28, 2016

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Interesting. I wasn't aware that visiting Orthodox heads of state could stand there as it is where the Bishop usually sits, although traditionally it was the place where the Christian Emperor sat. It doesn't say whether Putin was allowed to sit there though ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: AlasBabylon
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Probably just more Putin psy-ops... but it's interesting.

Photo at link

Putin Takes the Throne

" Russian President Vladimir Putin was visiting Karyes, the administrative center of the Orthodox enclave of Mount Athos. The above photo, of Putin standing at an ancient throne alongside Greek officials and Orthodox dignitaries (as is the local custom for greeting visiting Orthodox heads of state on Mount Athos), was described by various Russian news outlets, both within the country and abroad, as Putin standing at a place which had until now been reserved only for Byzantine emperors "

more at link

http://www.the-american-interest.com/2016/05/28/a-new-emperor-takes-the-throne/

WOW. good catch

I used to be Orthodox - Mount Athos is considered to be the holiest place in Orthodox Christendom. All the monks etc.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
And there Putin is literally standing in the holy place. (Or is anti- "Michael" 'standing up'?)

Biblically, 'abomination' can mean a person (accursed thing), and its more specific meaning of the abomination statue in the middle of the 7 year covenant. And the way Daniel describes the person, he arrives (at the 49th year, Jerusalem Day, dusk June 4th, day 5th, 2016), then after 62 weeks, he gets a mortal head wound. Then makes the 7 year covenant. Be curious to see what he does next weekend.

Reactions: AlasBabylon
Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Putin appears to be Gog.

Like the Revelation 12 RED dragon... Gog is now in the process of sending in his demographic flood
to destroy all Christian lands. The civil war in Syria was a 'refugee" catalyst and a cover for Gog
to send in covert demographic weapons of mass destruction into Europe... meanwhile in Europe
[and all Christian lands] a RED cultural marxist fifth-column welcomes millions of them in.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
WOW. good catch

I used to be Orthodox - Mount Athos is considered to be the holiest place in Orthodox Christendom. All the monks etc.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:
And there Putin is literally standing in the holy place. (Or is anti- "Michael" 'standing up'?)

Biblically, 'abomination' can mean a person (accursed thing), and its more specific meaning of the abomination statue in the middle of the 7 year covenant. And the way Daniel describes the person, he arrives (at the 49th year, Jerusalem Day, dusk June 4th, day 5th, 2016), then after 62 weeks, he gets a mortal head wound. Then makes the 7 year covenant. Be curious to see what he does next weekend.
Nice. First openly Christian world leader we get in a while and he gets likened to the abomination of desolation.
Either Mount Athos IS the Holy Place mentioned in Revelation, in which case why are you no longer an Orthodox Christian, or it isn't, and so can't be what the prophecy is referring to. You can't have it both ways.

Last edited:
Reactions: SnowyMacie
Upvote 0

tranquil

Sep 29, 2011
with Charlie at the Chocolate Factory
✟273,648.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nice. First openly Christian world leader we get in a while and he gets likened to the abomination of desolation.
Either Mount Athos IS the Holy Place mentioned in Revelation, in which case why are you no longer an Orthodox Christian, or it isn't, and so can't be what the prophecy is referring to. You can't have it both ways.

I'm not an Orthodox Christian any more because I don't like worshiping idols, aka icons. It's just such an in-your-face blasphemy, hardly any better than Catholic Marian and statue worship (and the Orthodox do love their Marian idols almost as much as Catholics). That's just my opinion. It could be so easily remedied, but nope. Some Orthodox and Catholics won't have the slightest idea what an abomination of desolation idol is, having been conditioned to that for so long.

And for the record, I wasn't saying Putin was anything in particular. It's just too early to tell. But it's good to be aware of things.

Is Mt. Athos THE holy place? Of course not, the holy place is in people, not names, not places, not dirt on a spot of land. Is this event a warning sign/ symbol? You bet.

Obama is an 'openly Christian world leader' also. Lol

Last edited:
Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
I'm not an Orthodox Christian any more because I don't like worshiping idols, aka icons. It's just such an in-your-face blasphemy, hardly any better than Catholic Marian and statue worship (and the Orthodox do love their Marian idols almost as much as Catholics). That's just my opinion. It could be so easily remedied, but nope. Some Orthodox and Catholics won't have the slightest idea what an abomination of desolation idol is, having been conditioned to that for so long.
I'm sorry you feel that way. I converted to Orthodoxy more than a decade ago, and it is the very real communion of love between all members of Christ's body that continues to make a deep impression on me. What you call worship I understand very differently, but this thread is not the place to discuss that so I won't say more.
And for the record, I wasn't saying Putin was anything in particular. It's just too early to tell. But it's good to be aware of things.
Certainly.
Is Mt. Athos THE holy place? Of course not, the holy place is in people, not names, not places, not dirt on a spot of land. Is this event a warning sign/ symbol? You bet.
Therefore your quote of Revelation is meaningless.
Obama is an 'openly Christian world leader' also. Lol
Obama is openly a lot of things, but Christian is not one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

"Incorruptibility" --> https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Incorruptibility

After the evil antichrist bolsheviks destroyed Christian Russia
tearing down churches... and murdering millions of Christians...
substituting their atheist state for God... they glorified their
satanic leader and blasphemed Russian Orthodox Christianity
at the same time by artificially keeping his body 'uncorrupted'
for the atheist soviet masses to revere... a mock 'St Lenin.'

After 16 years of Putin's rule... Lenin's body is still in a place of honor...
which speaks volumes about Putin's and Russia's Christianity.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
After 16 years of Putin's rule... Lenin's body is still in a place of honor...
which speaks volumes about Putin's and Russia's Christianity.
It's a tourist attraction.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's a tourist attraction.

Maybe Putin could reenact Stalin's destruction of Moscow's Church of Christ the Saviour
[for Stalin's bigger and better red army military parades]... for the tourists' benefit, of course.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,405,171.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obama is openly a lot of things, but Christian is not one of them.

Well it is just my opinion but Obama is as much Christian as Putin is Christian.

Upvote 0

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Maybe Putin could reenact Stalin's destruction of Moscow's Church of Christ the Saviour
[for Stalin's bigger and better red army military parades]... for the tourists' benefit, of course.
Stalin's mausoleum serves as a constant reminder of what befalls a nation when they turn away from God. There is good value in that. Putin, on the other hand has actively supported the rebuilding of churches destroyed during the Communist era, so I don't know why you would make such a comment. He has blood on his hands for sure, but the Christian faith is built on repentance. Saul, who sought to destroy the Church in Israel became Paul, the greatest of the Apostles. You don't think there is salvation for Putin?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

prodromos

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 28, 2003
Sydney, Straya
✟1,181,731.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Well it is just my opinion but Obama is as much Christian as Putin is Christian.
Obama supports LGBT and their assault on marriage and family. Personally, I don't see how anyone can support the above and claim to be a christian.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Stalin's mausoleum serves as a constant reminder of what befalls a nation when they turn away from God. There is good value in that. Putin, on the other hand has actively supported the rebuilding of churches destroyed during the Communist era, so I don't know why you would make such a comment. He has blood on his hands for sure, but the Christian faith is built on repentance. Saul, who sought to destroy the Church in Israel became Paul, the greatest of the Apostles. You don't think there is salvation for Putin?

There was hope for Russia after the dissolution of the USSR when all those churches were being rebuilt.
Then Putin took control on Y2K eve. The first thing that really concerned me... Putin did not attend the
canonization of the Romanov royal family in the newly rebuilt Church of Christ the Saviour. Now Putin openly
glorifies antichrists... reviving the USSR's annual Stalinist Red Army parade... including soviet communist symbols...
every year making it even bigger. I have watched Putin's Russia very closely... and in spite of propaganda to
the contrary... Putin appears to have returned Russia to its antichrist bolshevik vomit.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Obama supports LGBT and their assault on marriage and family. Personally, I don't see how anyone can support the above and claim to be a christian.

After 16 years of Putin in power... both abortion and homosexuality are still legal in Russia.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Hands-on Trainee
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟896,869.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
depends on how one is defining support.

Upvote 0