queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
lionroar0 said:
I remember the thread very well.

Ahaa, Welcome on board...:thumbsup:

I will try not to be negative. Christ has already purified the World by His Redemtptive work on the Cross. Man can't add or subtract from it. One of the things that we can do is celebrated it.
We may not ‘purify’ Christianity ourselves but we are urged to be diligent in our faith, we cannot carry on man’s traditions and say there is nothing we can do. Customising Christianity as the Holy Spirit leads may be one of the options. But I strongly believe that one cannot hold on dearly unto somebody’s revelation, that they five or more centuries back, and not research its roots, fly with it, and moreover defend it having no personal revelations for themselves. It’s not cool to defend established conventions and institutions that you know not where they come from. The only thing that we need to defend is the TRUTH and the truth only!!! At least that is what I believe.

Php 2:12

Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

And I believe we are perpertual scholars, in the process of learning. And in the process there are things we realise are not working out or they are man’s traditions that have been infiltrated in our faith. Are we to sit back and continue in misdeed and say Christ did it all? This is what the Almighty said to the Israelites concerning accursed things…

Jos 6:18
And ye, in any wise keep yourselves from the accursed thing, lest ye make yourselves accursed, when ye take of the accursed thing, and make the camp of Israel a curse, and trouble it.

Jos 7:1
But the children of Israel committed a trespass in the accursed thing: for Achan, the son of Carmi, the son of Zabdi, the son of Zerah, of the tribe of Judah, took of the accursed thing: and the anger of the LORD was kindled against the children of Israel.

Jos 7:13
Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

Jos 7:11
Israel hath sinned, and they have also transgressed my covenant which I commanded them: for they have even taken of the accursed thing, and have also stolen, and dissembled also, and they have put it even among their own stuff.

Exodus 20 tells us of The Almighty’s jealousy, is it the first three or four commandments? The almighty tells and demonstrates that He hates idolatry and adultery, spiritual adultery. Things that do not represent Him in our lives we are to ask the Holy Spirit to weed them out in or faith in Him.

Jos 7:12
Therefore the children of Israel could not stand before their enemies, but turned their backs before their enemies, because they were accursed: neither will I be with you any more, except ye destroy the accursed from among you.

Jos 22:20
Did not Achan the son of Zerah commit a trespass in the accursed thing, and wrath fell on all the congregation of Israel? and that man perished not alone in his iniquity.

1Sa 3:13
For I have told him that I will judge his house for ever for the iniquity which he knoweth; because his sons made themselves vile, and he restrained them not.
Jos 7:13
Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

We must strive to be lovers of knowledge just as Peter tells us. Not just any knowledge but correct knowledge. In todays information age there's also alot of misinformation.

So trueee...Thats why we need to research and search more. get to the bottom of everything.;)

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
queenm04 said:
So true there Paddy, it always upsets me when this happens. Some even take these a step further to entrench this on the pulpits and in society. Man usually dont even take responsibility anymore in some cultures. When a girl is pregnant in the home, pre-marital pregnancy, her mother did not teach well. That is what the man of the house will say, what about him? was he not a partaker in raising the children in the home? In some churches women are blamed for fornication, and brothers left alone. I think this is really so unfair!

Women in churches, its said that they are looking for marriage, they always employ these examples, that God will give you a husband, wait for the right time, dont rush things, the same is not said of men. Men are usually warned to be 'careful against women', to be like Joseph, to runaway, :doh: . But this is usually done in cultures that does not have any respect for women at all! what is more painful is when women themselves are perpertuating those stereotypes also. i heard somewhere that women loathe one another more. As they have been despised, rejected, and looked down upon for so long. As a result they see men as perfect. You will find that women backstab each other more than even they do to men. because they see a poor image in each other. This is a subject on its own...Adam was much as guilty as Eve. There should be no blame shifting at all! I am glad for people like you Paddy, who will realise this things

God Bless!
Queen

aarrgg..., am sorry for venting….(raising up hands and repenting....)

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
Gold Dragon said:
Every one of man's attempts to purify Christianity have simply resulted in another denomination.

It is through Christ and the life changing fire of the Holy Spirit that we as Christians are purified.
That is true Gold Dragon, i myself dont attend any church now. because i find my self to be a blend of different beliefs. i believe am being purified through Christ and the life changing fire of the Holy Spirit. And i am learning that most of what the Almighty reveals to me He has revealed to somebody else-where. So i dont go to any church at the moment. He is revealing a whole lot of things. have decided to hold my horses. coz i dont want to hop in and out of churches. i will pray that He leads me to the right place. But i think that there is a certain group that currently matches my beliefs.still praying about before i take any decision. but i do understand when you say any attempt to purify may lead to creation of another denomination.

Upvote 0

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
queenm04 said:
PLEASE GUYS NO FIGHTING HERE! ONLY THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED TO TACKLE THESE! NO NEGATIVE VIBES PLEASE!!!

I heard on one of the forums somebody saying people that want to "purify Christianity" would have a grand task ahead of themselves. And I thought to my self, hmm….

(C)...Suppose you were given that task

– this being your purpose or something- to purify Christianity

where will you start?

I know by your own power you cannot do it. May be you will need the Holy Spirit. And again
(A)...does Christianity need to be purified, or people would have converted just have to customise it for themselves? But then again, what about the new souls that may be kept at bay by the packaging?

(B)...Is it our core, or is it the Holy Spirit’s work to do it?

AGAIN NO NEGATIVE VIBES!!!

(A)...Does Chritianity need to be purified ?.......

YES.

CHRIST... does not need to be purified, -------but CHRISTIANITY does.

Christianity is not God....Christianty is people (supposedly) being purified.

There is a HUGE gap ...between READING a little Scripture...and being PURIFIED.

If you want to CLEAN your dirty clothes, you must PUT THEM in the washing machine. (Laundry 1O1) :thumbsup:
If you want to PURIFY your heart, you must OFFER IT ON THE ALTAR
(Rev.11:1 / Rom.12:1 / Mt 23:19) :amen:

(B)...Is it our chore, or is it the Holy Spirit's work to do it ?
BOTH
...He PROMPTS...and WE DO. (Rom 8:14)"All who are being led by The Spirit of God , these are Sons of God."

(C)... Suppose you were given that task.......
Being that YOU BROUGHT IT UP
...I would say The Spirit is already READY to LEAD you every step of the way.
When you are ready to get ready...Tell Him so....and He will make you READY !

Start ...by obeying Rom.12:1 at the Altar, ....then follow up by Rom.8:14. Oh! ...and,
We can do nothing without The Holy Spirit LEADING US... from with-in.

Jn.7:38..."He who believes in Me, as the scripture said, 'From his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water'."

I like to use to Eph.4:11-13 as my "mission statement"

Thank you queenmo4
for posting the question

Carlos

Reactions: queenm04
Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟18,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi all

Wash where ?
In The blood of Christ of course:)

We are sanctified and purified by the atoning work of Christ on the cross, This is the perfection that we have in the eyes of God, It is the perfection of Christ, and not of self,

But we have our own personal sanctication process that is, or at least should be, a daily process, Dying to self daily, somedays we do better than others,

There will always be imperfections in the physical church due to our limited understandings,

It is like a nieghborhood garden, The neighbors get together and clean the weeds and it really looks pretty, come back out a couple days later and the weeds are back,

Each does and contributes what he/she can, There will always be those who know more about gardening and it is their duty to help those who are willing learn more also,

Brother and sister helping bother and sister,

The real issue is those who do not tend the garden at all and let it become choked and ruined by the weeds, The garden needs to be cared for daily,

Then we need to teach our children how to properly tend the garden so when we pass on they will know how provide themselves with good wholesome food.

Generation after generation has to clean the weeds in their spiritual garden and help others to clean the weeds also,

yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

SPALATIN

Lifetime friend of Dr. Luther
May 5, 2004
Fort Wayne, Indiana
✟13,351.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
To purify the purifyer? That is like saying we need to take a shower before we take a bath to get clean.

Christ is the purifier for only through his work on the cross are we absolved and redeemed and thereby purified. To be a "Christian" is to be a little Christ to the world. We love our God with all our heart, with all our mind, With all of our Strength and all they soul and then Love our neighbors as ourselves. That doesn't mean we can't be angry when we see the moneychangers defiling the temple.

Look to the Cross daily as that is where we are purified.

Reactions: deu58
Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
queenm04 said:
aarrgg..., am sorry for venting….(raising up hands and repenting....)
sometimes it's good to vent, I enjoy it when people vent....no need for apologises there i don't think....but i forgive you anyway :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Glisten

Heaven bound when the time comes.
Nov 30, 2004
✟8,592.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are many sins of the church that need to be purified, but admitting them is another thing. I'm talking about through history. The church needs to admit the wrongs, repent, and be purified. The unbelievers probably cite these wrongs as the reason for their unbelief from time to time. It is a shame.

Upvote 0

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
deu58 said:
Hi all

Wash where ?

In The blood of Christ of course:)

yours in Christ
deu58

Thank you deu58,
I whole heartedly agree; "In the Blood of Christ of course.".......
But you left me hanging... :sorry:

I was hoping you could give me an address, the time and a hint of what is involved...or required, so that even a dummy like me
could come at the Right Time and GET MY RATION OF THAT PRECIOUS BLOOD...along with my ration of Grain, dispensed to me...

That was a nice list you posted,...of things WE ought to do .
But I could find nothing that indicates WHERE...or when...or how
The Blood of Christ is AVAILABLE.

Carlos

Upvote 0

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟18,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Carlos

Ah yes riddle me this!^_^

I was hoping you could give me an address, the time and a hint of what is involved...or required, so that even a dummy like me
could come at the Right Time and GET MY RATION OF THAT PRECIOUS BLOOD...along with my ration of Grain, dispensed to me...
Address= on your knee's
time = right now, there may not be another time for you
Hint= True repentance and turning away from your sin

yours in Christ
Deu58

Upvote 0

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
deu58 said:
Hi Carlos

Ah yes riddle me this!^_^

Address= on your knee's
time = right now, there may not be another time for you
Hint= True repentance and turning away from your sin

yours in Christ
Deu58

Very good advice. I welcome it.
But you still havent shown how; Prayer, Now, +True Repentance ...
Produces The Precious Blood of Christ.

Have you ever by your own Prayer, on your knees, Repenting with all your might...ever made present The Blood Of Christ ?

What ever it produced...do you count that as The Blood of Christ ?

No riddles
Mysteries, yes.
riddles,no.

Carlos

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

deu58

Senior Veteran
Dec 12, 2003
Philippines
Visit site
✟18,669.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hi Carlos

Are saying that when prayer results in hardship do I still count it as a blessing?
Yes I do,

Or when God chooses not to answer our prayer?

Yes I accept those things because I am aware that God knows what I need better than I do,

Or are you getting at something else? Like when praying and all of a sudden your heart feels broken when you really did not it expect it to be?

Yours in Christ
deu58

Upvote 0

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
deu58 said:
Hi Carlos

Are saying that when prayer results in hardship do I still count it as a blessing?
Yes I do,

Or when God chooses not to answer our prayer?

Yes I accept those things because I am aware that God knows what I need better than I do,

Or are you getting at something else? Like when praying and all of a sudden your heart feels broken when you really did not it expect it to be?

Yours in Christ
deu58

I believe PRAYER is always a Blessing if we involve our heart, soul, mind, and spirit with our mouth.
but prayer is not The Blood of Christ.
Prayer is something WE do.
The Blood of Christ is something Jesus does...when we allow Him to.

God knows that we need it better than we do...but the enemy does not want us to consider it...
he would rather give us a "been there -done that" mentality, (the mentality only)

I am getting at something else.......

It is more like ......."Be still and KNOW THAT I AM GOD.".......:cry: (for Awestruck-Holy) Presence.

as you allow Him to give you His Blood to drink.

as you leave the Cup of Salvation speechless.

as you Pass through the BIGGEST EXODUS in the Universe .

Tomorrow Morning.

God Bless...

Carlos

Reactions: deu58
Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Carlos Vigil said:
I believe PRAYER is always a Blessing if we involve our heart, soul, mind, and spirit with our mouth.
but prayer is not The Blood of Christ.
Prayer is something WE do.
The Blood of Christ is something Jesus does...when we allow Him to.

God knows that we need it better than we do...but the enemy does not want us to consider it...
he would rather give us a "been there -done that" mentality, (the mentality only)

I am getting at something else.......

It is more like ......."Be still and KNOW THAT I AM GOD.".......:cry: (for Awestruck-Holy) Presence.

as you allow Him to give you His Blood to drink.

as you leave the Cup of Salvation speechless.

as you Pass through the BIGGEST EXODUS in the Universe .

Tomorrow Morning.

God Bless...

Carlos
Can you not use Christianeze please? Drinking His blood sounds like your actually drinking it, not a symbol of.
I can't stand Christianeze.

Thankyou

~peace~
Paddy

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
Carlos Vigil said:
Very good advice. I welcome it.
But you still havent shown how; Prayer, Now, +True Repentance ...
Produces The Precious Blood of Christ.

Have you ever by your own Prayer, on your knees, Repenting with all your might...ever made present The Blood Of Christ ?

What ever it produced...do you count that as The Blood of Christ ?

No riddles
Mysteries, yes.
riddles,no.

Carlos
This is where Jesus ministers His Blood on your behalf.

Hebrews 8:5They serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."[1]

Upvote 0

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
visionary said:
This is where Jesus ministers His Blood on your behalf.

Hebrews 8:5They (the Old Covenant Priests) serve at a sanctuary that is a copy and shadow of what is in heaven. This is why Moses was warned when he was about to build the tabernacle: "See to it that you make everything according to the pattern shown you on the mountain."[1]

Good .
You have shown the Levitical priests and rites of the Law of Moses.
These do not minister the Blood of Christ.

The New Covenant has a Sanctuary, an Altar, and the Priests are Christ's priests, whose priesthood is according to the order of Melchizedek.
These, under Christ's Authority and Rite, minister The Body and Blood of Christ.

Carlos

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.