Purify Christianity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
PLEASE GUYS NO FIGHTING HERE! ONLY THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED TO TACKLE THESE! NO NEGATIVE VIBES PLEASE!!!

I heard on one of the forums somebody saying people that want to "purify Christianity" would have a grand task ahead of themselves. And I thought to my self, hmm…. Suppose you were given that task – this being your purpose or something- to purify Christianity where will you start? I know by your own power you cannot do it. May be you will need the Holy Spirit. And again does Christianity need to be purified, or people would have converted just have to customise it for themselves? But then again, what about the new souls that may be kept at bay by the packaging? Is it our core, or is it the Holy Spirit’s work to do it?

AGAIN NO NEGATIVE VIBES!!!

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟577,764.44
Faith
Messianic
It was Jesus's prayer that Chrisitianity was purified.

John 17:23 I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me.24 Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father, the world hath not known thee: but I have known thee, and these have known that thou hast sent me. 26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them

AMEN

It was in this apostle's prayer also.

Hebrews 13:19 But I beseech you the rather to do this, that I may be restored to you the sooner. 20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant, 21 Make you perfect in every good work to do his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

As Timothy said.

1 Timothy 4:12 Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
too many Christians who don't do the Jesus thing.

1 John 2:6
Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did!

You cannot be a part of the Vine unless you are grafted into the Vine. We as Gentiles have been grafted into the royalty of God so that we can also be His heirs. The vine gives life to all branches, giving juices to its fruit. Just as God gives us life, drenching us in the juices of the HS so that we can bear much fruit.

Christianity should be lived by this motto: "Walk the Talk" which is birthed straight out of 1 John 2:6.

In a world that we live in, our testimony will be judged, by non-believers, by the way we act....or live. If our 'life' doesn't reflect what we speak, then our words mean nothing. Our actions should back up the truth of our words.
Jesus walked the talk, the disciples and apostles walked the talk, we should walk the talk.

A challenge....are you walking the talk? True Christianity is lived out! God works on the inside out, it's hard work becoz He is the Refining Fire and it hurts when we see all our impurities come to the surface, but that is only becoz He is purifying you to live purified Christianity!

Paddy

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
:amen: Everyone!

Oh Dear Lord, Cleanse us from all unrighteousness!

There may be / are areas of Christianity that are still lacking, we may need to do away with some ‘man-made’ traditions. We may want to return to Him, as He continually reveals His word, For we all are still scholars, until we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: (Eph 4:13). He will continue revealing Himself unto us. The point of departure, beginning of doing all this is when we love one another as well as do and say everything out of love.

1Pe 1:22
Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

I think the only way we are going to be able to finally win the race is to love one another and speak the truth in love. We are not to carry assegais and spears to prove how we know the Word of the Almighty! but all should be done in love. When we are wrong we are to submit and admit that we had fallen off the bridge and not remain unyielding. For no egocentric attitudes will live on to see the kingdom of God! Neither will protecting institutions and established conventions.

Eph 4:15
But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:

In love we can identify those impediments and barriers that are thwarting, barricading and getting on the way of the TRUTH. and thus we will be able to get rid of all impurities (Which may be summed up in one word idolatry) that have been infiltrated in Christianity over the centuries.

When we do all in love there is no way we will not conquer! Let me put it this way, you can NEVER go wrong with LOVE.

Mr 12:30
And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.

Mr 12:31
And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment GREATER THAN THESE.

"Word minus Holy Spirit is like a blunt sword for the edge of that sword has been removed"

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
Bad girls of the bible???

Please no speaking or suggestion of another denomination. We are just sharing here,

Was looking at a TV Programme just now. It’s a youth Christian programme that thrives to reach out to the young. They are trying to make it to be as riveting as possible so that the youth can identify with it which I think it explains the lingo they use.

On the first insert they spoke about bad girls of the bible, they picked Jezebel, Delilah, and Eve. They zoomed in to Eve, and suddenly it dawned on me that what if some of those comments they said about Eve were directed to the Body of Christ corporate? Somebody compared the Garden of Eden to the first temple. Where by God communed with man. Ex 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

These was some of the perspectives…things they said in the programme,

God was her landscaper. It just was not enough for her

She allowed herself to be enticed

She allowed the damn little snake to mislead her

Today we are suffering because of her!

Being evicted was just a start

Every other person was born after them was born out of sin

He experienced shame and started covering herself up. In S.A is what we call the fashion industry

Morale of the story

God is a loving forgiving God

Son of the garden keeper came to redeem her from her? (didn’t hear this very well)

Obedience is better sacrifice

Even though she was thrown out of the garden, the gardener never left her out of sight

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
queenm04 said:
Bad girls of the bible???

Please no speaking or suggestion of another denomination. We are just sharing here,

Was looking at a TV Programme just now. It’s a youth Christian programme that thrives to reach out to the young. They are trying to make it to be as riveting as possible so that the youth can identify with it which I think it explains the lingo they use.

On the first insert they spoke about bad girls of the bible, they picked Jezebel, Delilah, and Eve. They zoomed in to Eve, and suddenly it dawned on me that what if some of those comments they said about Eve were directed to the Body of Christ corporate? Somebody compared the Garden of Eden to the first temple. Where by God communed with man. Ex 25:8
And let them make me a sanctuary; that I may dwell among them.

These was some of the perspectives…things they said in the programme,

God was her landscaper. It just was not enough for her

She allowed herself to be enticed

She allowed the damn little snake to mislead her

Today we are suffering because of her!

Being evicted was just a start

Every other person was born after them was born out of sin

He experienced shame and started covering herself up. In S.A is what we call the fashion industry

Morale of the story

God is a loving forgiving God

Son of the garden keeper came to redeem her from her? (didn’t hear this very well)

Obedience is better sacrifice

Even though she was thrown out of the garden, the gardener never left her out of sight

Dunno know what happened after the fall in terms of repentance by the Holy Pair. But that Abel knew how to sacrifice to the Lord, which was a prophetic act, and what was to be an act that was to later foreshadow the Coming of the Messiah, where did He get that revelation? Could’nt it be that He was raised to know the Almighty by his parents, Adam and Eve? But all I know is that I don’t like the way we usually mutter things without the Spirit of the Almighty. What if she repented and became the woman of God? Of course that does not change the fact that she allowed deception to creep in? Not only to her and her family but to the whole human race? But at times we ussually point to the things and judge on areas that we ourselves have not mastered yet. I stand accused on this area as well!!

Jos 7:13
Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against tomorrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

But that can be said (what has been said about the bad girls in the bible) also of the church and all the people of God, that by compromising the truth, we are not being the royal priesthood that we are supposed to be,

1Pe 2:9
But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light!

What if those perspectives (in the TV magazine insert) were said of the Church (Body of Christ corporate) and the people of God in today’s age? More especially the one that says today we are suffering because of her?

First things first. Some have realised the truth. instead of using it to build they use as a rod to punish. That is not Godly nor a Godly character. Whether you do it real time in your immediate environment or on the forums, It does not make one less of a sadist that derives pleasure in someone else’s pain. The word of God should be used for what it is, its original purpose must be restored. We are to employ the Word of the Almighty for the right reasons and motives.

Ps 119:105 – Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path - this is how we should use the Word of God.

Heb 4:12
For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

The same Word is the number one agent that will be able to purify us.

Mt 3:12
Whose fan is in his hand, and he will throughly purge his floor, and gather his wheat into the garner; but he will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.

Jos 7:13
Up, sanctify the people, and say, Sanctify yourselves against to morrow: for thus saith the LORD God of Israel, There is an accursed thing in the midst of thee, O Israel: thou canst not stand before thine enemies, until ye take away the accursed thing from among you.

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I find it interesting that people still think that it was Eve's fault for bringing sin into the world! I realise that this was a prog on the 'bad girls' of the Bible, but so many blame it on the woman....we need to realize somthing here!

If you read Gen 3:1-7 you will find that it wasn't just the womans fault, but also the man's, they sinned together.

The Man and Woman Sin
(notice it has both genders! not focusing on one gender for the fall of man?)

1Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the LORD God had made. "Really?" he asked the woman. "Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?"
2"Of course we may eat it," the woman told him. 3"It's only the fruit from the tree at the center of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God says we must not eat it or even touch it, or we will die."
4"You won't die!" the serpent hissed. 5"God knows that your eyes will be opened when you eat it. You will become just like God, knowing everything, both good and evil."
6The woman was convinced. The fruit looked so fresh and delicious, and it would make her so wise! So she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her*. Then he ate it, too. 7At that moment, their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they strung fig leaves together around their hips to cover themselves.

*Why didn't Adam stop her? Adam, the leader of the family/household failed in bringing justice, and righteousness into a situation that should've been addressed!
Eve chose the sin of disobedience. Adam chose the sin of arrogance.

Just thought I'd say that....sorry if I reacted too strongly.
K, I'm going to dinner

Paddy

Upvote 0

queenm04

Aug 6, 2004
✟658.00
Faith
Messianic
Paddy the Irishman said:
I find it interesting that people still think that it was Eve's fault for bringing sin into the world! I realise that this was a prog on the 'bad girls' of the Bible, but so many blame it on the woman....we need to realize somthing here!

If you read Gen 3:1-7 you will find that it wasn't just the womans fault, but also the man's, they sinned together.

The Man and Woman Sin
(notice it has both genders! not focusing on one gender for the fall of man?)

1Now the serpent was the shrewdest of all the creatures the LORD God had made. "Really?" he asked the woman. "Did God really say you must not eat any of the fruit in the garden?"
2"Of course we may eat it," the woman told him. 3"It's only the fruit from the tree at the center of the garden that we are not allowed to eat. God says we must not eat it or even touch it, or we will die."
4"You won't die!" the serpent hissed. 5"God knows that your eyes will be opened when you eat it. You will become just like God, knowing everything, both good and evil."
6The woman was convinced. The fruit looked so fresh and delicious, and it would make her so wise! So she ate some of the fruit. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her*. Then he ate it, too. 7At that moment, their eyes were opened, and they suddenly felt shame at their nakedness. So they strung fig leaves together around their hips to cover themselves.

*Why didn't Adam stop her? Adam, the leader of the family/household failed in bringing justice, and righteousness into a situation that should've been addressed!
Eve chose the sin of disobedience. Adam chose the sin of arrogance.

Just thought I'd say that....sorry if I reacted too strongly.
K, I'm going to dinner

Paddy
So true there Paddy, it always upsets me when this happens. Some even take these a step further to entrench this on the pulpits and in society. Man usually dont even take responsibility anymore in some cultures. When a girl is pregnant in the home, pre-marital pregnancy, her mother did not teach well. That is what the man of the house will say, what about him? was he not a partaker in raising the children in the home? In some churches women are blamed for fornication, and brothers left alone. I think this is really so unfair!

Women in churches, its said that they are looking for marriage, they always employ these examples, that God will give you a husband, wait for the right time, dont rush things, the same is not said of men. Men are usually warned to be 'careful against women', to be like Joseph, to runaway, :doh: . But this is usually done in cultures that does not have any respect for women at all! what is more painful is when women themselves are perpertuating those stereotypes also. i heard somewhere that women loathe one another more. As they have been despised, rejected, and looked down upon for so long. As a result they see men as perfect. You will find that women backstab each other more than even they do to men. because they see a poor image in each other. This is a subject on its own...Adam was much as guilty as Eve. There should be no blame shifting at all! I am glad for people like you Paddy, who will realise this things

God Bless!
Queen

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

Brethren

queenm04 said:
PLEASE GUYS NO FIGHTING HERE! ONLY THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED TO TACKLE THESE! NO NEGATIVE VIBES PLEASE!!!

I heard on one of the forums somebody saying people that want to "purify Christianity" would have a grand task ahead of themselves. And I thought to my self, hmm…. Suppose you were given that task – this being your purpose or something- to purify Christianity where will you start? I know by your own power you cannot do it. May be you will need the Holy Spirit. And again does Christianity need to be purified, or people would have converted just have to customise it for themselves? But then again, what about the new souls that may be kept at bay by the packaging? Is it our core, or is it the Holy Spirit’s work to do it?

We need to return to the simplicity of the New Testament church as found in 'The Brethren'. :)

Upvote 0
I

In Christ Forever

Brethren said:
We need to return to the simplicity of the New Testament church as found in 'The Brethren'. :)
And also in JESUS:amen:

Matt 5:14 "You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. 15 "Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all [who are] in the house. 16 "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

Good works:

gala 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those [who are] Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Carlos Vigil

Veteran
Mar 14, 2004
Spokane, Wa.
✟2,026.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
prodromos said:
When you have finished doing the work of purifying yourself (with the help of the Holy Spirit through the mysteries of the Church) then you may begin work on the rest of the church :)

John

Is that how God wants it ?
Jesus sent his disciples out on missions long before they were pure.

if that is the case...some of us who are not yet PURE,
may never be of any use to the Church.

How about if we Go as God DRAWS us...and do both at the same pace.
Like walking and chewing gum...(multi tasking) he he he...ho ho ho!
It is not really US who do the PURIFYING anyway...It is The Holy Spirit.

We are merely the "brillo pad" in his hand. :D

I personally believe "GOD IS LOOKING FOR A FEW GOOD MEN"
"Repairers of The Breach" He calls them...I will train you as WE go..."

In a few days we will be hearing "Prepare the Way of the Lord...Make straight His Path."
He wants US to make straight His path ?...you got it.
It is more enjoyable to LOOSE MY LIFE as a sinner NOW, than to wait untill I am pure and then offer Him my life.
This way I get to know Him as my Savior every step of the way and when I see Him face to face...We won't be strangers .

:thumbsup:

Carlos

Upvote 0

lionroar0

Coffee drinker
Jul 10, 2004
✟20,401.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
queenm04 said:

Hi Queen

I remember the thread very well. I will try not to be negative. Christ has already purified the World by His Redemtptive work on the Cross. Man can't add or subtract from it. One of the things that we can do is celebrated it. We must strive to be lovers of knowledge just as Peter tells us. Not just any knowledge but correc knowledge. In todays information age there's also alot of misinformation.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.