Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/entertainment/6703423.stm

If you are a true Darwinist, shouldn't you eat your neighbor's dog if he is too lazy to do his business in discreet area other than your yard?

If a fox is too slow for the hounds, hasn't nature provided the correct resolution?

If performance artists, mimes or heavy metal guitarists abound to excess, shouldn't we eat them?

(This is for entertainment purpose only, of course. You needn't take me any more seriously here.)

Performance artist 'eats corgi'

_42985751_corgi_203_pa.jpg
The corgi was minced and cooked with apple, onion and seasoning

Performance artist Mark McGowan has eaten what he claims was a cooked corgi in a protest over the Royal Family's treatment of animals.
McGowan performed the stunt on London radio station Resonance FM, and shared his meal with fellow guest Yoko Ono.
"To me it was, as an art piece, exhilarating," he said after the show.
The artist's protest concerned the alleged mistreatment of a fox during a hunt led by Prince Philip in January. The RSPCA said the fox did not suffer.
o.gif
start_quote_rb.gif
It's disgusting. It's really, really, really disgusting
end_quote_rb.gif

Mark McGowan on his dog dinner

McGowan, who is a vegetarian, said he wanted his unusual meal to raise awareness about "the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Philip and his friends".
"We love our animals in Britain. Why is it then that we then allow people - especially people who are supposed to be ambassadors for this country - to treat animals with such disrespect?"
'Stinky'
_42983301_corgi_203.jpg
The Queen is famously associated with corgis

The corgi, which died at a breeding farm, was minced and cooked with apple, onion and seasoning.

As he ate the meatballs, McGowan reported: "It's disgusting. It's really, really, really disgusting."
The radio show's presenter, Bob Smith, said he was not convinced the meat came from a dog.
But McGowan said: "It's stinky, it's white-looking, it's not like any meat I've ever seen."
Some animal rights activists approved of the stunt.
"The idea of eating a corgi will make many people lose their lunch," said Poorva Joshipura, director of the European arm of People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta).
"But foxes, who are hunted for so-called entertainment, are no less capable of feeling fear and pain.
"Most of the British public will agree that it is high time the royals joined the rest of us who live in the 21st Century and opposed to cruelty to animals."
The Royal Family has had a long association with corgi dogs.
The Queen has a particular fondness for corgis, and they have the run of Buckingham Palace - even in the middle of formal state events.

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I take exception with what McGowan is saying.

Corgi is delicious.

Perhaps it's how he prepared it?

Or how it is "collected."

I am trying to imagine how the guy arranged to get his corgi? "Hello, breeding farm, I am looking for a corgi or two recently dead of nothing too serious and as fresh as possible. I want to eat one."

Upvote 0

crawfish

Veteran
Feb 21, 2007
Way out in left field
✟10,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Or how it is "collected."

I am trying to imagine how the guy arranged to get his corgi? "Hello, breeding farm, I am looking for a corgi or two recently dead of nothing too serious and as fresh as possible. I want to eat one."
He should really try Schipperke. Leaner and less gamey.

Upvote 0
T

The Lady Kate

If you are a true Darwinist, shouldn't you eat your neighbor's dog if he is too lazy to do his business in discreet area other than your yard?

If a fox is too slow for the hounds, hasn't nature provided the correct resolution?

If performance artists, mimes or heavy metal guitarists abound to excess, shouldn't we eat them?

Where exactly in Darwin's theory does it say I "should" do anything?

(This is for entertainment purpose only, of course. You needn't take me any more seriously here.)

You might want to keep that day job.

Upvote 0

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, I know it was probably all in jest, but I'd like to quickly point out that a theory about how the frequencies of alleles change in natural populations does not and can not translate into moral directives. Evolution happens because some organisms in a population will reproduce more than others. In nature, the slower and sicker organisms are often more likely to die and not reproduce, but it's evolution just the same if we artificially kill all the large, healthy fish (causing the remaining population to become increasingly smaller as has been seen in fisheries worldwide).

Just because the selection chooses one set of organisms in nature has nothing to do with what we should choose to do. Again, if we killed every healthy dog in the world and left only the sickest it would still be evolution as the frequency of alleles in the population would be changing.

Upvote 0

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where exactly in Darwin's theory does it say I "should" do anything?

You might want to keep that day job.

WOrk more and post less?

Not bad advice.

However, I am having a hard time avoiding the humor of this situation. It gives me the strong urge to start breeding dung beetles and tapeworms as pets. The really funny thing is the artist had to eat dead dog and for what? So the queen knows his name for about 15 seconds?

Upvote 0

crawfish

Veteran
Feb 21, 2007
Way out in left field
✟10,043.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, I know it was probably all in jest, but I'd like to quickly point out that a theory about how the frequencies of alleles change in natural populations does not and can not translate into moral directives. Evolution happens because some organisms in a population will reproduce more than others. In nature, the slower and sicker organisms are often more likely to die and not reproduce, but it's evolution just the same if we artificially kill all the large, healthy fish (causing the remaining population to become increasingly smaller as has been seen in fisheries worldwide).

Just because the selection chooses one set of organisms in nature has nothing to do with what we should choose to do. Again, if we killed every healthy dog in the world and left only the sickest it would still be evolution as the frequency of alleles in the population would be changing.
EXACTLY!

Now, anybody want to share some of their best dog recipes?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Deamiter

I just follow Christ.
Nov 10, 2003
Visit site
✟25,025.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
However, I am having a hard time avoiding the humor of this situation. It gives me the strong urge to start breeding dung beetles and tapeworms as pets. The really funny thing is the artist had to eat dead dog and for what? So the queen knows his name for about 15 seconds?
If I had to eat LIVE dog to get the queen to know my name for about 15 seconds I have to admit I might seriously consider it... :help:

Upvote 0

busterdog

Senior Veteran
Jun 20, 2006
Visit site
✟19,429.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If I had to eat LIVE dog to get the queen to know my name for about 15 seconds I have to admit I might seriously consider it... :help:

I am against the Dog Eat Dog lifestyle.

I also don't touch shark or skunk as a matter of professional courtesy.

Reactions: Deamiter
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.