prophet?

lazylarry

Oct 22, 2012
✟15,126.00
Faith
Agnostic
so i am an agnostic. However, my brother believes in Jesus Christ and is very involved with the Lord. But, he has a friend who says that he is a prophet. I know many christians, and this seems odd to me. He claims to have made prophecies that came true. I watched him perform a quasi-exorcision on my brother (put his hand on my brothers head and was chanting for all the demons to leave). Do you think this person is a true prophet? I feel like he is a bad influence on my brother and may make him do unreasonable decisions. Do you know ppl in the community like this?

Reactions: Rubiks

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
so i am an agnostic. However, my brother believes in Jesus Christ and is very involved with the Lord. But, he has a friend who says that he is a prophet. I know many christians, and this seems odd to me. He claims to have made prophecies that came true. I watched him perform a quasi-exorcision on my brother (put his hand on my brothers head and was chanting for all the demons to leave). Do you think this person is a true prophet? I feel like he is a bad influence on my brother and may make him do unreasonable decisions. Do you know ppl in the community like this?

There is a big difference between having the gift of prophecy and being a prophet. A prophet is a specific type of calling, like a job.

Yes prophets do exist just as pastors, teacher or evangelists exist. I hold the office of a prophet but it isn't about predicting the future. It is about being a messenger. That message may or may not have anything to do with the future. My sig is an example of a prophetic word. It came from my mouth, but the message wasn't from me. It had a major impact on many people's lives.

I had just chewed out the girl it came for. She was in tears from that. She ended up weeping in my arms begging mine and Yah's forgiveness when the prophetic word came for her. One of the girls that witnessed the event was a non-believer. She claimed she felt waves of love coming off me as I spoke and said if that was God, that is a god she could follow, not her god of punishment. She got saved on the spot and asked me to baptize her. I gave her the baptism of the Spirit. She felt the presence of God flowing into her. She then manifested the Spiritual gifts and started to prophecy herself. She also had the calling of a prophetess. She went from a non-believer to a prophetess in about 10 minutes. She went from being the biggest harlot on campus to the local prophetess. This all occurred in a college student center, not in some church service.

Now my role as a prophet generally has me in severe conflicts. For example, I was in a 3 year conflict with a coven lead by the prime candidate to be the next worldwide high priestess of Ashtoreth. She was a powerful witch. The things that happened in that conflict were beyond bizarre. I am writing that story as a trilogy if your interested.

Your brother's friend may be a prophet. I know many prophets. It is not that uncommon. Most Christian denominations think the gifts of the Spirit and the role of the prophets ended when the canon, (bible) was completed so they are only common in Charismatic churches. You won't find a prophet in something like a Baptist church. Generally prophets don't go running arround declaring that they are prophets. That tends to bring attacks from all sides.

Upvote 0

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
If your brother is truly christian, i dont see why he would need some sort of exorsicion.
Then you don't have any knowledge of spiritual warfare. Most Christians are in need of deliverance. They are not 'possessed' but can have spirits leading them into error or causing problems in their life.

Believe me I know that demons can effect Christians. I have been in direct conflict against witchcraft and have had some major things sent against me. I nearly died in that conflict.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus and others were in synagogue and a woman who had a spiritual problem that manifest itself as a physical problem was healed.

Luke 13:10 "And he was teaching in one of the synagogues on the sabbath. 11 And, behold, there was a woman which had a spirit of infirmity eighteen years, and was bowed together, and could in no wise lift up herself. 12 And when Jesus saw her, he called her to him, and said unto her, Woman, thou art loosed from thine infirmity.13 And he laid his hands on her: and immediately she was made straight, and glorified God."

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yahu

Jezebel's bain
May 14, 2012
✟3,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The bible tells you that individuals can have demons. Most prophets dont reach that level to call demons out.
Ask him why he felt the need to do it? was it something he saw? I would be interested in hearing his response.

Glory To God
Actually any christian has the authority to call demons out. We are all given the authority over all forces of the enemy. It is just a matter of using that authority.

I had to teach this truth to many Christians while I was in the military. We had a coven of witches on the base causing major problems. Once it became known that any Christian could break their spells and curses, things changed dramatically.

The coven members ended up in prison where they repented or they died in prison.

Upvote 0

toolite

Jul 1, 2008
Orlando, Florida
✟5,058.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Actually any christian has the authority to call demons out. We are all given the authority over all forces of the enemy. It is just a matter of using that authority.

I had to teach this truth to many Christians while I was in the military. We had a coven of witches on the base causing major problems. Once it became known that any Christian could break their spells and curses, things changed dramatically.

The coven members ended up in prison where they repented or they died in prison.

God Bless.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Upvote 0