NorCal
Feb 26, 2004
Daly City, CA
✟7,786.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
I dont think this amendment will be enough. This issue isn't going to go away and I think there's a good chance that at least within the decade, depending on the SC seating, that this will be overturned. I believe the original ban on "same-sex marriage" was 60% the last election, and now this year dropped to 52%.

I think we have to be Christians and statesmen at this point and propose a solution that identifies any two regardless of affiliation sexual or nonsexual to have some of the appropiate rights (taxes, trusts, medical) that make up marriage licenses. If this is really about human rights, then lets make it about human rights and not erotic club cards.

Upvote 0

Peach Beacon

Nov 5, 2008
✟15,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I dont think this amendment will be enough. This issue isn't going to go away and I think there's a good chance that at least within the decade, depending on the SC seating, that this will be overturned. I believe the original ban on "same-sex marriage" was 60% the last election, and now this year dropped to 52%.

I think we have to be Christians and statesmen at this point and propose a solution that identifies any two regardless of affiliation sexual or nonsexual to have some of the appropiate rights (taxes, trusts, medical) that make up marriage licenses. If this is really about human rights, then lets make it about human rights and not erotic club cards.

If they could perhaps be identified with some sort of armband so we could keep our children away from them and safe?

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
cbs13.com/local/proposition.8.results.2.856637.html

Fantastic news! Morality won over immorality! Only a supreme court decision can overturn this now!:clap::pray::bow:

HALLELUJAH!!! A victory for morality is a victory for the way of Christ!!! :clap:

Upvote 0

Zaac

Nov 19, 2004
Atlanta, GA.
✟12,748.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

They've already got that or the means to do so in most jurisdictions. Now they are being greedy and pushy because they see just how tolerant and immoral the country has become. SO they figure why not go after the whole enchilada?

I said this many years ago, and it warrants repeating. This is a Spiritual battle. The devil knows that if he can destroy the family(marrried man and wife and children) that he can destroy the means of producing Godly offspring.

14 You ask, "Why?" It is because the LORD is acting as the witness between you and the wife of your youth, because you have broken faith with her, though she is your partner, the wife of your marriage covenant.

15 Has not the LORD made them one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring. So guard yourself in your spirit, and do not break faith with the wife of your youth.
Malachi 2:14-15

Oh yes indeed. The devil is a smart one. He's taken a big swipe at Black families and successfully removed a lot of the men, thereby throwing God's order and pattern for submission out the window.

Now he's continue to roar like a lion and coming after the rest of the families.

Stand firm Christian soldiers. As with Israel, God has given you ground to stand upon. Stop ceding it to the enemy.

Upvote 0

jami3636

Oct 26, 2008
✟7,674.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Perhaps I'm just being the ignorant liberal Canadian but why can't we let ministers do what they will? If a Christian minister decides that this is the moral thing to do in front of God then that's a risk they are taking. Otherwise, as is generally the case in Canada, non-Christian ministers perform same-sex marriage, which in no way I can see insults or offends God directly anymore than any other non-Christian marriage.

Let me put it another way, if you aren't getting directly hurt by this in any way, why do you deny people the right to marry? They are still human beings (although I have met some who disagree on this point), they hurt, cry and hope the same as everyone else. Just because the bible supports slavery doesn't mean that we should all go out and get some slaves to beat. Just because the bible does not support homosexuality does not mean that these people should be socially ostracized and have their basic human rights limited, in my opinion.

I am friends with a few gay people, both male and female. For their credit they live extremely challenging lives, in some cases completely cast out from their parents at an early age, they have had to live unfairly challenging lives for something that they have little to no control over. It's strange that racism and slavery are now old ideals in the US but homophobia is still alive and strong even though there are few differences between the discriminations.

It's obviously fading and in 100 years what was once immoral will be commonplace, which has been a common thread throughout history.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's obviously fading and in 100 years what was once immoral will be commonplace, which has been a common thread throughout history.
No doubt about that fact. Things go in cycles just as they did in the OT.
Im complete against gay unions, but frankly I couldnt care less how Ceasar defines marriage as marriage belongs to God. If godless govt wants to say that 2 men can be 'married' in THEIR eyes, that has NOTHING to do with GODS definition of marriage, nor are they anything more than abomination in His sight.
If Sodom wants their homosexuality let them have it. Like Lot those who are Gods elect will be pulled out of the way before Gods wrath is poured out, so the best we can do is work with gays and hope they come to salvation and repentance.
I dont recognize Caesars authority to 'permit' (license) our God given RIGHT to marry, and I dont recognize caesars authority to DEFINE marriage before God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
No doubt about that fact. Things go in cycles just as they did in the OT.
Im complete against gay unions, but frankly I couldnt care less how Ceasar defines marriage as marriage belongs to God. If godless govt wants to say that 2 men can be 'married' in THEIR eyes, that has NOTHING to do with GODS definition of marriage, nor are they anything more than abomination in His sight.
If Sodom wants their homosexuality let them have it. Like Lot those who are Gods elect will be pulled out of the way before Gods wrath is poured out, so the best we can do is work with gays and hope they come to salvation and repentance.
I dont recognize Caesars authority to 'permit' (license) our God given RIGHT to marry, and I dont recognize caesars authority to DEFINE marriage before God.
It's rather said that no only do fundamentalist Christians oppose Jesus by discriminating against their brothers and sisters, but they don't even do it based on accurate information.

The fall of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexual relationships. Until you actually learn that fact, you will continue to spread bigotry in ignorance.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The fall of Sodom had nothing to do with homosexual relationships.
That is nothing short of homosexual propganda, chap....Jude shows VERY clearly that Sodoms sin was going after 'strange flesh'....

Jud 1:7 Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire.
Sodom is JUDGED BECAUSE the men there were having sex in an UNnatural manner with other men.
Gays try to distort this just as they do the David/Jonathan thing.
Until you actually learn that fact, you will continue to spread bigotry in ignorance.
Until YOU learn the FACT that Sodom WAS judged for their going after strange flesh you will probably continue to spread your unscriptural propaganda and finally be judged for doing so.
Not that I will try to stop you from doing so..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
You'all don't forget that similar measure did pass in Arizona and Florida.:thumbsup::wave:
Yes again, let's applaud going against Jesus Christ and denying people human rights! Oh, how the Lord would be proud that his followers don't listen to a word he ever spoke, and instead persecute his children. And yet fundamentalist Christians are the first to pull the persecution card... the hypocrisy is nauseating.

I hope you can sleep find knowing you adamantly support denying other humans the same basic rights you have, despite that their issues are due to NO fault of their own. One wonders if you look down on blacks or the handicapped as well. Blacks are born with a different skin color, therefore they are "less human" than their white counterparts. The handicapped are born with disabilities, and therefore "less human" than their fully capable counterparts. And Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transsexuals are born with their brains wired differently, and therefore are "less human" than their "normal" counterparts.

I think fundamentalists will be in for quite a shock at the judgement they are going to receive for distorting his message so badly and treating his children like crap.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Very sad news.
To me its irrelevant news.
Not ONE gay couple is going to stop doing what they're doing whether these bans exist or are struck down...so in the end these little 'victories' make christians feel like theyve won some battle or something when they havent.
Caesar already hates God, so if he allows men to 'marry' men it isnt making much difference at all.
The only real reason this is important to many christians is because theyve allowed themselves to be duped into believing that Caesar has some authority over GODS marriages and has right to define 'marriage' and then license it .

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think fundamentalists will be in for quite a shock at the judgement they are going to receive for distorting his message so badly and treating his children like crap.
Oh please....hand this line to folks who DONT study their bibles day in and day out, poster.
Homosexuality is an abomination. No christian is going to be judged for rejecting this abominable fornication of two men having depraved sex with each other.

Upvote 0

HuntingMan

Jan 4, 2006
✟9,310.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
one wonders if you look down on blacks or the handicapped as well. Blacks are born with a different skin color, therefore they are "less human" than their white counterparts. The handicapped are born with disabilities, and therefore "less human" than their fully capable counterparts. And Lesbians, Gays, Bisexuals, and Transsexuals are born with their brains wired differently, and therefore are "less human" than their "normal" counterparts.
Such a lame argument.
A man cant change himself from being black to white and the lame cant just choose to walk.
A man CAN control what he does with his sexual organs tho and to say he cant is to basically claim that men are base animals led about by their reproductive organs.
Id like to think that we are a bit above beasts.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
That is nothing short of homosexual propganda, chap....Jude shows VERY clearly that Sodoms sin was going after 'strange flesh'....
First of all, how do you even know what strange flesh means? Second of all, the sexual relations described in Sodom are rape. A common practice in that time was for soldiers to call out the men in the houses to rape them in humiliation. It has nothing to do with modern day consentual homsexual relations.

Sodom is JUDGED BECAUSE the men there were having sex in an UNnatural manner with other men.
Gays try to distort this just as they do the David/Jonathan thing.
Until YOU learn the FACT that Sodom WAS judged for their going after strange flesh you will probably continue to spread your unscriptural propaganda and finally be judged for doing so.
Not that I will try to stop you from doing so..

Sodom was not judge because men were having consentual sex with other men. Because that didn't occur. God clearly points out in Ezekial why he destroyed Sodom.

Ezekiel 16:49-50 (TNIV) reads:
“Now this was the sin of your sister Sodom: She and her daughters were arrogant, overfed and unconcerned; they did not help the poor and needy. They were haughty and did detestable things before me. Therefore I did away with them as you have seen.

Arrogant, overfed, unconcerned, didn't help the poor or needy. That is why Sodom was destroyed.

Clearly you are unaware of the fact that a sodomite is not one who practices homosexual sex. A sodomite is one who is arrogant, self-centered, and unconcerned for the welfare of others. The word sodomy didn't even exist until the 17th century KJV and never referred to anything related to sexuality.

This will of course fall on deaf ears as fundamentalists couldn't care less about evidence, and will continue to remain ignorant until the day they die. Oh well, you will be the one judged for your hate and ignorance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.