Pro-Palestinian supporters at Columbia University confront Jews ‘to push them out of camp’

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟919,268.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Since you don't seem to have anything to offer the conversation you have my whole hearted approval.
1714657045347.gif

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
It is time to call the protestors what they are:

Pro Hamas antisemites. move the national guard in and end the insanity.

Looks like Free Speech is coming to an end hey?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
No, this is my original comment:
They became "The Squad". Went from being racists to being anti-semitic. Like a snake shedding its skin; it is still a snake.
Yes. The Democrats became the squad. So not talking about Palestinians.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
You were attempting to replace anti-semitic with anti-zionism. I pointed out that so called 'palestinians' believe they are the same and teach their children to hate Jews and that martyrdom in killing Jews is a good thing.....neither of which you have denied.
Israelis say similar things about Gazans.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why are you going to stop me from expressing an opinion based on reality? Will you end my free speech and make me call the anti-Semitic racist by another name that is more acceptable to certain peoples sensibilities?

Why do you want to end my free speech?

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟149,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Why are you going to stop me from expressing an opinion based on reality? Will you end my free speech and make me call the anti-Semitic racist by another name that is more acceptable to certain peoples sensibilities?

Is someone sending the “National Guard” to stop you from airing your views?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

Is someone ADVOCATING that the "National Guard" be brought in to stop you?

Also, I have absolutely no idea how you managed to shoehorn that reply into what I said since, pretty clearly, I'm neither doing (nor advocating doing) ANYTHING to your right to speech.

Did you not think you were trying to stop free speech?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is someone ADVOCATING that the "National Guard" be brought in to stop you?

Also, I have absolutely no idea how you managed to shoehorn that reply into what I said since, pretty clearly, I'm neither doing (nor advocating doing) ANYTHING to your right to speech.

Did you not think you were trying to stop free speech?
Am I not allowed to express my opinion that they are a group of violent anti-Semitic protestors and that the national guard should be brought in to protect citizens and property?

Are you saying I don’t have the right to say so?

Why are you trying to limit my free speech?

Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is someone sending the “National Guard” to stop you from airing your views?
Am I sending the National guard? No, I am just expressing an option based on the reality that a growing number of anti-Semitic racist are turned my violent and need to be stopped.

Are you ok with racism? Or the violence?

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Am I not allowed to express my opinion that they are a group of violent anti-Semitic protestors and that the national guard should be brought in to protect citizens and property?

Are you saying I don’t have the right to say so?

Why are you trying to limit my free speech?
This new vein is a sad strawman. I'm sure you're not senile but I AM sure you are trying to detract from the fact that you are hoping to surpress someone else's speech. (remember post #40 where you did EXACTLY that?)

That said, this is a PERFECT, crystalized and distilled reaction from a Republican when it comes to free speech issues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This new vein is a sad strawman. I'm sure you're not senile but I AM sure you are trying to detract from the fact that you are hoping to surpress someone else's speech. (remember post #40 where you did EXACTLY that?)

That said, this is a PERFECT, crystalized and distilled reaction from a Republican when it comes to free speech issues.
And I'm sure you are not smoking something medical but I am sure you do not like the fact that I am pointing out you are attempting to do to me what you are accusing me of doing to the Anti-Semitic violent racist.

And that said, your response is a PERFECT, crystalized and distilled reaction from the liberal tribe when it comes to free speech. If it does not fall hook and step with the group think, it must be silenced. Free thinking and differing opinions not welcome in their camp.

• Agree
Upvote 0

civilwarbuff

Site Supporter
May 28, 2015
✟622,817.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Israelis say similar things about Gazans.
After butchering over 1200 of them and kidnapping another 200+......so tell us, why should they think otherwise?......since they (Gazans) are responsible for placing and keeping Hamas in power?......We didn't have the same sympathy for the German population in WWII even though the vast majority were never Nazi's. We leveled that country.....without pity or sympathy. I won't even go to the Japanese main island......

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
And I'm sure you are not smoking something medical but I am sure you do not like the fact that I am pointing out you are attempting to do to me what you are accusing me of doing to the Anti-Semitic violent racist.
Where guy? I wrote:
As in, so you want to end their ability to have Free Speech. I have NO IDEA how you understood what I wrote as a restriction to YOUR speech coming to an end.
And that said, your response is a PERFECT, crystalized and distilled reaction from the liberal tribe when it comes to free speech. If it does not fall hook and step with the group think, it must be silenced. Free thinking and differing opinions not welcome in their camp.
What's going on? This is crazy town.

YOU wrote:
It is time to call the protestors what they are:

Pro Hamas antisemites. move the national guard in and end the insanity.
Do you see that part where you want to end their protected right to protest? Right where you suggested the national guard move in. It's a small post, I'm sure you've found it.
That is an example of "must be silenced".

Where do you see me doing that? This conversation is heading into crazy town.

Besides, I've made it very clear I'm NOT IN FAVOURITE OF protecting hate speech. That is the Republican mantra....free speech, free speech! At least that's what I heard.

You are me and you don't realize it (or accept it...not sure which)

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
After butchering over 1200 of them and kidnapping another 200+......so tell us, why should they think otherwise?......since they (Gazans) are responsible for placing and keeping Hamas in power?......We didn't have the same sympathy for the German population in WWII even though the vast majority were never Nazi's. We leveled that country.....without pity or sympathy. I won't even go to the Japanese main island......

“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor[a] and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that?
If I come into your home and butcher your infant in front of you and then rape your wife and kill her - are you saying you are going to love me?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟715,431.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Besides, I've made it very clear I'm NOT IN FAVOURITE OF protecting hate speech. That is the Republican mantra....free speech, free speech! At least that's what I heard.
Hate speech: definition: abusive or threatening speech or writing that expresses prejudice on the basis of ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, or similar grounds.​
The Anti-Semitic Racist protestors are chanting "From the river to the sea Palestine will be free"

Do you have a clue the meaning?

Even the shorthand, “from the river to the sea,” echoes through pro-Palestinian protests, crackles across social media and is available on a variety of merchandise, from sweatshirts to candles.​
Ask Jewish people in London what’s so chilled them about the current spike in antisemitism, and many will cite what seems like the ubiquity of the slogan. It is a sign, they suggest, that there’s much to fear.​
“Have no doubt that Hamas is cheering those ‘from the river to the sea’ chants, because a Palestine between the river to the sea leaves not a single inch for Israel,” read an open letter signed by 30 Jewish news outlets around the world and released on Wednesday.​
And in the wake of Hamas’ killing of civilians on Oct. 7, they’re not buying that the chant is merely anti-Israel. Backed by groups such as the Anti-Defamation League, they say it’s inherently anti-Jewish.​
“No one can now say that in the eyes of Hamas, a hatred of Israel does not mean a hatred of all Jews,” said London resident Sarah Nachshen. “The slogans and placards and chants calling for the eradication of Israel and, indeed, all Jews have clearly shown this.”
So my friend, if you do indeed support them - you are supporting hate speech towards people of the Jewish religion.

Notice - it is the Jewish students being targeted on campuses:

https://www.reddit.com/r/newyorkcity/comments/17gn7o3

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
So my friend, if you do indeed support them - you are supporting hate speech towards people of the Jewish religion.

I certainly support their right to air their hate speech without fear of government reprisal.

Muslim students are also concerned/targeted.

A new national study led by the University of Chicago has for the first time documented in detail the extent of those fears and reasons for them — along with student attitudes toward genocide, antisemitism, Islamophobia and possible ways to calm tensions.

The study found that 58% of students who identified as Jewish and 52% of those who said they were Muslim have feared for their safety since Oct. 7. An additional 16% of neither background also expressed fears. This represents as many as 3 million students across the country.

In one finding, about 10% of college students would permit student groups to call for genocide against Jews ... The same percentage would permit that call against Muslims.

The UCLA Muslim student wears sunglasses, a kaffiyeh scarf and face mask to avoid recognition on campus. She’s asked to move her classes online to prevent others from knowing her route and following her. She will speak only on the condition of anonymity to protect herself and her future as an aspiring nurse.

But her caution has not helped her feel safe. She is terrified by the hate that has rained down on her and her fellow pro-Palestinian supporters since Hamas militants attacked Israel on Oct. 7 and Israel retaliated with a massive and continuing assaulton Gaza. She has been spat on and called a terrorist multiple times, she said. Men who have come to the encampment have threatened rape. A woman brandished a stun gun at her on campus, laughing.

But nothing was as chilling as Tuesday night, when a mob of counterprotesters began to attack the “Palestinian Solidarity Encampment” erected by students last week, tearing down barriers, assaulting campers and screaming epithets, as captured in videos by The Times.

• Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟838,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
You supported the KKK also then?
I certainly support their right to march and express their views without government restraint, whether it's the Klan or neo-Nazis or lepidopterists.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟374,283.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

https://www.reddit.com/r/newyorkcity/comments/17gn7o3
No. When they make explicit threats towards Jewish people, that I do not like. When they make threats to the Israeli STate, I support that 100% and there is no reason not to.

Again, you are the one calling to end protected speech.

If I come into your home and butcher your infant in front of you and then rape your wife and kill her - are you saying you are going to love me?
1) If I came into your home, punched your wife, pushed you around, stole the contents of your home, and then forced you to leave your home with none of your belongings and then I moved in, would you sit back and do nothing?

2) Are you saying that rather famous verse is not really important?

People say that following Christ is hard because you have to be "counter culture" and hate gay people. But they never think that the HARDEST part about being a Christian is having to show love to people you despise.

Upvote 0