Visit site
✟29,046.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-NDP
So you would allow for the killing of an unborn baby up to a second before birth?

If it had to be done, yes. Otherwise, it could just be removed without causing it to die.

Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
mandelduke said:
The question is should there be laws to protect mothers to be and the unborn, I think there should be. And as long as there are no laws being broken, it should be the mother to be that makes the decision.

So if there was a law that protects the unborn from being aborted, the only decision the mother could legally make would be to not have an abortion. And you would be ok with this, right?

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,331.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
...without God you FACTUALLY have zero basis for morality, when something immoral happens you can't be mad because according to YOUR worldview it means nothing, obviously that's why "atheism" is fairy tales. insulting me doesn't change the fact that under "atheistic" fairy tales rape is no different than burping at the dinner table.

This statement is mind numbingly wrong.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Explain. how is rape wrong under "atheism"?
Scare quotes aside, it is a violent violation of another human being. Deliberately harming other human beings is immoral in several ethical systems.

Upvote 0

mathetes123

Dec 26, 2011
✟10,634.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
JustMeSee said:
Scare quotes aside, it is a violent violation of another human being. Deliberately harming other human beings is immoral in several ethical systems.

Outside of an absolute transcendent moral standard, morality is reduced to no more than opinion or personal preference.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Outside of an absolute transcendent moral standard, morality is reduced to no more than opinion or personal preference.
Why does a "transcendent moral standard" mean anything more than a nebulous actualisation of an opinion? What does it even mean?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JustMeSee

Contributor
Feb 9, 2008
In my living room.
✟23,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apposed to following the rules set forth by an authority?
I wouldn't even consider that to be morality.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
JustMeSee said:

So you believe moral truths are objective. What is morally wrong for one person is equally wrong for everyone.

Upvote 0

TomZzyzx

Mar 23, 2011
✟9,184.00
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
IanCG said:
If that absolute transcendent moral standard is god, than morality is reduced to no more than doing what he tells you to do.

Not what he tells us what to do, but by obeying the moral truths He has established since the beginning of creation. It's sometimes called "playing by the rules". Even though it's hard for some people to do.

Upvote 0

Golden Yak

Not Worshipped, Far from Idle
May 20, 2010
✟8,438.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Explain. how is rape wrong under "atheism"?
Because it causes harm. How is rape wrong under "christianity"?

I'd like to see this addressed. What are the reasons God has for saying 'rape is wrong,' and why can we not use the same reasons to say rape is wrong even if God does not exist?

Even if we have to tweak it slightly from "I, God, do not like this" to "We, humanity, do not like this."

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.