Primary reasons people don't believe in our Good God?

Joseph David

Happiness-How?
Sep 12, 2015
Elizabethtown, KY
Visit site
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Rom 1:19-21 KJV
(19) Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
(20) For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:
(21) Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

basically, self-centeredness; and we've all been there :)
I like your contribution and your ID name. It reminds me of the great commission. We can always use more good disciples:)

Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,154.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
The pseudo science of evolution! When people think that the Bible and evolution can't both be true, they are absolutely right. The Bible says the sun was created after the plants. Messiah spoke of Adam and Eve, the Great Flood, Sodom & Gommorah as historical, actual.

Our society has also been dumbed down and indoctrinated starting in grade school, and that is greatly being helped by liberal media. If you tell someone evolution is based on logical fallacies you will get a blank look because most don't have a clue what a logical fallacy is or why science can't be built on any of them. They don't know how to do critical thinking. They don't see through "evidence" that is really just sophistry built on speculation and theories presented as if they are facts. How do you tell millions of years of "missing links" from never existed links for ex.? Why do they say that things happened millions of years ago when they have no shred of data - and they ignore or pooh pooh the real data - to back up what they are saying?

People usually don't look outside the matrix/box to see "the rest of the story" that real science reveals. If "all scientists" believe it, that's good enough for them. They generally have no clue that all scientists do not believe it and that even some world famous evolutionists have admitted that evolution has no evidence. (Google Quotes Showing The Credulity of Evolutionists and see at least the 1st 10 minutes of Thomas Knidell's vid Thermodynamic Arguments for Creation for proof of what I'm saying.)

I used to laugh at the Bible and Christians, myself, and feel intellectually superior because I knew "for a fact" that evolution was true and that therefore Christianity could not be true. Countless others have done the same thing.

Evolution isn't the only problem of course as some still believe in Messiah and evolution. But it is a major stumbling block that has caused countless people to lose their faith...absolutely needlessly, too as the evidence for creation science is all over the place with creation scientists on the net.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

LoricaLady

YHWH's
Site Supporter
Jul 27, 2009
Ohio
✟1,088,154.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
P.S. I just noticed someone above cited "lack of evidence." No the evidence is overflowing. It's just that people don't know to look for it, especially since they think it isn't even there. There is extensive historical and archaeological evidence for the stories in the Bible (see Don Patton's vids for ex.), evidence from intelligent design/irreducible complexity, evidence of people being raised from the dead and healed "in Jesus' Name" with documented medical histories confirmed by doctors. Etc etc. etc. Then there are the "faith bytes" that people swallow, as I used to, that say there is no evidence for the Bible or even for Messiah. If we pray to be led to the truth though, He will lead us to it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Numerous reasons including -

As believers, we're to "Be watchful, and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God." Rev 3:2

Also, ""In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." II Cor 4:4

Last edited:
Reactions: faroukfarouk
Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Us. We don't let our light shine in darkness and simply love the way we are called to do so. We preach what condemns and not who saves. I was hit with that reality check earlier this morning.

Reactions: Joseph David
Upvote 0

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,078.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them." II Cor 4:4

But Yahweh is greater "No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day." John 6:44, 65 "And he, when he comes, will convict the world in regard to sin and righteousness and judgment:" John 16:8 Only possible through Yeshua's sacrifice and resurrection (John 3:16; Luke 24).
Ms. tturt: Relevant verses! Sometimes professing Christians are so into "sinners' rights" that they forget the Biblical truths of God's sovereignty. Ephesians 2 is another, similar passage.
Blessings to you and yours.

Upvote 0
Oct 7, 2005
✟2,829.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Word of God cannot be destroyed:. The thought of a nuclear war that would wipe out the human race was always uppermost on my mind, then again there are other global disasters that are just as worse, such as a planet-destroying asteroid from outer space, a deadly virus outbreak - or a one-nation "super race" where Hitler's attempt of a German Earth was stopped in it's tracks, and had it succeeded in becoming the only German race on Earth then their marriage partners must not be too closely-related to avoid genetic disorders, an extremely impossible medical challenge because it would take decades to create perfect genes without in-breeding traits .;'*';.

Upvote 0

Joseph David

Happiness-How?
Sep 12, 2015
Elizabethtown, KY
Visit site
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Us. We don't let our light shine in darkness and simply love the way we are called to do so. We preach what condemns and not who saves. I was hit with that reality check earlier this morning.
I also believe it is best to focus on having a savior. The fact that God is perfect gives us many great promises and gifts. I am very interested in eternal life forever in paradise, but he offers us so much more in our time here. Thank you for your words, JDA

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Joseph David

Happiness-How?
Sep 12, 2015
Elizabethtown, KY
Visit site
✟15,221.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Short answer..cos they are in darkness.
We need to pray and shine our lights and speak the word into peoples lives.
So true. I would love to see this country turn to our good God for help. With all of the great promises offered to us, it is sure to solve many problems. The challenge is, how to reach the masses with the truth of a loving savior. Thank you, JDA

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟798,985.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Please remember all those newly saved need to be discipled.

"And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen" Matt 28:18-20

Last edited:
Upvote 0