LDS Priesthoods Not Found In The Bible Or Church History

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Yes, but what you believe is spurious because there is no evidence to support it. Nowhere in the Gospels does it state that John the Baptist or the Apostles received priesthood authority.
Priesthood authority = the "royal priesthood"
Jesus is the High Priest of the "royal priesthood". Why does Peter call it a "royal priesthood"?
Because it refers to Jesus's "royal" status. Thus Jesus's "royal priesthood" = the MP, the priesthood of Jesus.
It is this royal priesthood that all worthy members could have. And it started with Jesus giving this royal priesthood/MP to the apostles, who then went out to preach and baptize and give the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. The apostles also gave this MP to others like bishops and elders, who were ordained to do work for the Lord, only in a local area. The apostles had authority to do work for the Lord world-wide.

There is no mistake, the MP = the priesthood that Jesus held = the royal priesthood mentioned by Peter, that all worthy men can hold, Peter being the first, and the the apostles, and then elders and bishops etc. All for the purpose of giving men the authority to do the work of the Lord on the earth because he could not be here all the time.

If Jesus had not organized his royal priesthood with Peter and his apostles, then his church would not have been able to operate smoothly. Men would go out without authority and preach weird doctrines and baptize people unto themselves, all willy nilly, and the Lords work would be frustrated. Which is what happened after the apostles were all killed and the apostacy started to take hold.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Priesthood authority = the "royal priesthood"
Jesus is the High Priest of the "royal priesthood". Why does Peter call it a "royal priesthood"?
Because it refers to Jesus's "royal" status. Thus Jesus's "royal priesthood" = the MP, the priesthood of Jesus.
It is this royal priesthood that all worthy members could have. And it started with Jesus giving this royal priesthood/MP to the apostles, who then went out to preach and baptize and give the Holy Ghost by the laying on of hands. The apostles also gave this MP to others like bishops and elders, who were ordained to do work for the Lord, only in a local area. The apostles had authority to do work for the Lord world-wide.

There is no mistake, the MP = the priesthood that Jesus held = the royal priesthood mentioned by Peter, that all worthy men can hold, Peter being the first, and the the apostles, and then elders and bishops etc. All for the purpose of giving men the authority to do the work of the Lord on the earth because he could not be here all the time.

If Jesus had not organized his royal priesthood with Peter and his apostles, then his church would not have been able to operate smoothly. Men would go out without authority and preach weird doctrines and baptize people unto themselves, all willy nilly, and the Lords work would be frustrated. Which is what happened after the apostles were all killed and the apostacy started to take hold.

You still haven’t shown me any examples from the New Testament where Christians received the LDS Priesthoods.

• Agree
Reactions: mmksparbud
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Where and how does it imply that?

Sounds like you are making stuff up again.

Again, I do not make things up.
It is implied in these 3 scriptures:
1)
Matthew 16:18-19 King James Version (KJV)
18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
(who holds the keys of the kingdom of heaven, Jesus the HighPriest of the MP) Just gave Peter those same keys to do Jesus's work on earth. Can't do his work and have heaven recognize it unless you are using these same keys. Peter held the keys of the MP, which means he can preside over the apostles and church.

2)
Mark 3:13-15 King James Version (KJV)
13 And he goeth up into a mountain, and calleth unto him whom he would: and they came unto him.
14 And he ordained twelve, that they should be with him, and that he might send them forth to preach,
15 And to have power to heal sicknesses, and to cast out devils:

(Now the apostles were ordained to the MP and given that same power that Jesus had, which was the royal priesthood)

3)
1 Peter 2:9 King James Version (KJV)
9 But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light;

(Now all worthy men can hold the same MP/royal priesthood, the priesthood that Jesus holds.)

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You still haven’t shown me any examples from the New Testament where Christians received the LDS Priesthoods.
The LDS priesthood = MP = royal priesthood = keys to the kingdom of God.

You tell me what Christain church has the same keys that Jesus gave Peter and have 12 apostles that have the royal priesthood or even talks about the MP or royal priesthood? You have already admitted that the MP is only in heaven with Jesus, and not on the earth. So does your church share in NT priesthood, or do you insist it is no longer needed?

The LDS priesthood is the same as that spoken of in the NT.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Ok but that says nothing about giving them the Priesthoods.
What did their ordination give them? It gave them the power to preach and heal the sick. What is that power called? It is the power of the MP. It is not called the power of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost was given to them much later, on the day of Pentacost, so this ordination way before Christ was put to death was not the ordination of the Holy Ghost. Jesus was giving them the MP which he held and was the High Priest of.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is implied in these 3 scriptures:

You are saying that it is implied but honestly I see absolutely no evidence of that.

The LDS Priesthoods are not mentioned in those 3 passages.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You still have provided no evidence for the LDS Priesthoods from the Bible or church history.
I have given you scriptures that talk about the MP, and the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and the ordination of apostles, of which are done exactly the same in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today. Same names, same functions. From the bible to the Church of Jesus Christ. Same names, same functions.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
You are saying that it is implied but honestly I see absolutely no evidence of that.

The LDS Priesthoods are not mentioned in those 3 passages.
Yes they are. We have the keys of the kingdom of heaven. We have the royal priesthood for all our worthy members. Jesus is the High Priest of our church and holds the MP and disperses that priesthood when his work needs to move forward today, just like in the first century.

You will not see in the NT, the words like, "the LDS priesthood was give to Peter". If that is what you need to see you will not find it. You are not looking for the right things.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
What did their ordination give them? It gave them the power to preach and heal the sick. What is that power called? It is the power of the MP. It is not called the power of the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost was given to them much later, on the day of Pentacost, so this ordination way before Christ was put to death was not the ordination of the Holy Ghost. Jesus was giving them the MP which he held and was the High Priest of.

Jesus was ordaining his disciples to the work of the ministry. They were sent by him as apostles. That passage mentions nothing about the LDS Priesthoods. The Melchizedek Priesthood is not mentioned. So here we go again with you making things up and trying to say that scripture states things that it clearly does not say.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes they are. We have the keys of the kingdom of heaven. We have the royal priesthood for all our worthy members. Jesus is the High Priest of our church and holds the MP and disperses that priesthood when his work needs to move forward today, just like in the first century.

You will not see in the NT, the words like, "the LDS priesthood was give to Peter". If that is what you need to see you will not find it. You are not looking for the right things.

Nope. I see no mention of the Melchizedek or Aaronic Priesthoods in those three passages of scripture.

Also, where is the Bible verse that states that Jesus gave his Melchizedek Priesthood to others as you claim?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I have given you scriptures that talk about the MP, and the keys of the kingdom of heaven, and the ordination of apostles, of which are done exactly the same in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints today. Same names, same functions. From the bible to the Church of Jesus Christ. Same names, same functions.

No you haven't! The Royal priesthood is every follower of Christ! You have ben shown that and refuse to see it.

Upvote 0

Peter1000

Nov 12, 2015
✟124,865.00
Faith
Mormon
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was ordaining his disciples to the work of the ministry. They were sent by him as apostles. That passage mentions nothing about the LDS Priesthoods. The Melchizedek Priesthood is not mentioned. So here we go again with you making things up and trying to say that scripture states things that it clearly does not say.
My implication that Jesus ordained them with power, which I equate with the MP is far more logical than to say, the priesthood changed and is no longer needed. You made that up too, I know because you have not answered by question as to where does it say in the bible that the MP is no longer needed?

I can partially agree that the sacrificial temple functions of the Aaronic priesthood are no longer needed. But to make a blanket statement that the priesthood is no longer needed is made up to fit your agenda. Unless you can show me in the scriptures that I am wrong.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
We have the royal priesthood for all our worthy members.

How does the biblical royal priesthood of the first century equate to the LDS Priesthoods of Joseph Smith which he founded in the 1800’s?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My implication that Jesus ordained them with power, which I equate with the MP is far more logical than to say, the priesthood changed and is no longer needed. You made that up too, I know because you have not answered by question as to where does it say in the bible that the MP is no longer needed?

I can partially agree that the sacrificial temple functions of the Aaronic priesthood are no longer needed. But to make a blanket statement that the priesthood is no longer needed is made up to fit your agenda. Unless you can show me in the scriptures that I am wrong.

Read the entire book of Hebrews. I already gave you a link to this.

You claim that Jesus ordained his disciples to the Melchizedek Priesthood but I am asking you where is that written and where is the evidence of that? Lies.

Upvote 0

Gifts From Above

Oct 23, 2020
Washington
✟8,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Actually you have given me absolutely zero biblical references to the LDS Priesthoods.

• Agree
Upvote 0