Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Kathryn Jean Lopez attempts to console those who may be despondent over the incoming administration. She encourages all Americans to have hope. Maybe you didn't vote for him. Maybe you've protested him. As he becomes president, pray for him and encourage the good.

Continued below.
President Trump time has come... Let's have hope!

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I like some of his professed values (secure borders, protectionist economy, actually mentioning God without apologising).

I just look at his personal life and see a less than encouraging image.

God grant him the wisdom to turn from evil to good.

• Agree
Reactions: BeStill&Know
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,254.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I took Lopez' advice:
When the inauguration comes, have hope, like those who voted for him do.

However, if you give President Donald Trump a chance and you don’t like what you see, engage! After all, civil disagreement is some of the best of America. Despondency isn’t.

So, I decided to forget about the deplorable Cabinet choices and see if anything happened I liked. I missed the inaugural because I attended an installation at an ecumenical women's social justice group of which I am a board member.

After the meeting was over, perhaps two hours after Trump's inauguration, I learned that:
  • he had removed "Climate Change" from the White House website,
  • he had removed Civil Rights, healthcare, and LGBT sections from the White House website.
  • He had raised the interest rates for low income HUD mortgage holders.
He had his chance--and it took him two hours to blow it! Sorry, Ms. Lopez. Let the disagreement begin. If I didn't have to do an interview tomorrow morning I'd be on the way to the state capital with my friends.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mountain_Girl406

Site Supporter
Jul 9, 2015
✟144,014.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I took Lopez' advice:

So, I decided to forget about the deplorable Cabinet choices and see if anything happened I liked. I missed the inaugural because I attended an installation at an ecumenical women's social justice group of which I am a board member.

After the meeting was over, perhaps two hours after Trump's inauguration, I learned that:
  • he had removed "Climate Change" from the White House website,
  • he had removed Civil Rights, healthcare, and LGBT sections from the White House website.
  • He had raised the interest rates for low income HUD mortgage holders.
He had his chance--and it took him two hours to blow it! Sorry, Ms. Lopez. Let the disagreement begin. If I didn't have to do an interview tomorrow morning I'd be on the way to the state capital with my friends.
Great...four years of ignoring climate change. ..it's already responsible for about 400, 000 deaths per year, how many more will we add to that number by our inaction?

• Agree
Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,254.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can have hope again because Trump is our President after eight years of oppression
Be careful what you hope for....

The half-million marchers in Washington and record crowds in every state capital in the country, along with thousands all over the world--in Europe, Asia, and South America--would disagree with you.

But they give me hope. It is like the rise of the Civil Rights movement and the anti-Vietnam movement. We shall overcome! It's tragic that so much damage will be done before 2018, but we shall overcome.

And by the time you've had a year or two of Trump, you will thank us.

Upvote 0

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
Be careful what you hope for....

The half-million marchers in Washington and record crowds in every state capital in the country, along with thousands all over the world--in Europe, Asia, and South America--would disagree with you.

But they give me hope. It is like the rise of the Civil Rights movement and the anti-Vietnam movement. We shall overcome! It's tragic that so much damage will be done before 2018, but we shall overcome.

We had 150,000 march in Boston and as in Washington they screamed filthy vulgarities with children by their sides. The wore hats called P%^#y
Hats and as Madonna did they screamed F bombs and seemed obssesed with wanting people to not touch their Uterises.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,674,240.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
We had 150,000 march in Boston and as in Washington they screamed filthy vulgarities with children by their sides. The wore hats called P%^#y
Hats and as Madonna did they screamed F bombs and seemed obssesed with wanting people to not touch their Uterises.
Very progressive. ;)
Let's give thanks to these "pioneers."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,254.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Everything I have heard about the 3.6 million who marched worldwide, even in Antarctica, was very positive, although I have absolutely no doubt that there are very many biased news sources that Trump supporters will prefer to believe.

Upvote 0

Kotton

Feb 8, 2002
Kansas
Visit site
✟20,964.00
Faith
Catholic
And I disagree with them. As eastcoast_bsc posted the signs and quotes from that crowd in DC were DISGUSTING. And how many people of other countries really understand the politics of our country.

But they give me hope. It is like the rise of the Civil Rights movement and the anti-Vietnam movement.
I see it entirely different and not a real issue but more an opinion.
It's tragic that so much damage will be done before 2018, but we shall overcome.

And again that is your opinion.

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0