benedictaoo

Legend
Dec 1, 2007
✟72,332.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Here we go again -- OBOB, the private forum for Conservative Republicans. where disagreement from others is not allowed. (If this post attacks Catholic doctrine in any way, then warn me, moderators -- but be prepared to show what rule regarding Catholicism is being broken. If people want to take potshots at our President, they could have the courtesy to do it in a forum where he can be defended by patriotic Americans.)

I'm curious for your opinion Polycarp becuase i have always respected your mainstreamness... how do you reconcile Obama's radial progressive support for abortion with Christianity?

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Catholic Relief Services, $25,000.

The Obamas earned $2.6 million, most from his book royalties, paid $850K in federal taxes, and gave 6.5% of their gross income to charity.

They also donated $5,000 to St. Leo's Home for Veterans.

It seems obvious that he favors the way the Catholic Church helps the Third World over other secular organizations such as UNICEF.

If I give money to charity or if my boss gives money to charity or if Fanitne gives money to charity, that is interesting.

If a politician or celebrity- someone who relys on a public following or is motivated in gaining popularity from the public give to charity- than it is not interestin- in fact, it is probably not even charity.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Here we go again -- OBOB, the private forum for Conservative Republicans. where disagreement from others is not allowed. (If this post attacks Catholic doctrine in any way, then warn me, moderators -- but be prepared to show what rule regarding Catholicism is being broken. If people want to take potshots at our President, they could have the courtesy to do it in a forum where he can be defended by patriotic Americans.)
Meow.

Upvote 0

selfintercession

Contributor
Jan 2, 2005
Ottawa, Canada
✟24,175.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
CA-Liberals
rolleye.gif

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

This is the Catholic forum not the Republican or anything else forum.

If this upsets you then create your own thread somewheres else or just don't be a 'guest' here anymore.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If people want to take potshots at our President, they could have the courtesy to do it in a forum where he can be defended by patriotic Americans.)

Just FYI, because someone disagrees with the President (or "calls" him on an act that is obviously phony) that doesn't mean that that person is "unpatriotic". You know there still is Freedom of Speech. It's in the Constitution. So we can disagree and still be patriots. To suggest otherwise may be dangerously close to accusing others without cause and "Bearing False Witness" (which is against the Ten Commandments.) Plus, we don't worship a mere man. We're just "calling actions as we see them".

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obama favors nothing truly Catholic.

Witness his atrocious, abysmal, and horrendous Pro-Abortion record:

President Barack Obama's Pro-Abortion Record:
A Pro-Life Compilation
by Steven Ertelt / February 17, 2009

lifenews.com/obamaabortionrecord.html​

Washington, DC (LifeNews.com) -- The following is a compilation of bill signings, speeches, appointments and other actions that President Barack Obama has engaged in that have promoted abortion before and during his presidency.

While Obama has promised to reduce abortions and some of his supporters believe that will happen, this long list proves his only agenda is promoting more abortions.

Post-Election / Pre-Inauguration

• November 5, 2008 - Obama selects pro-abortion Rep. Rahm Emanuel as his White House Chief of Staff. Emanuel has a 0% pro-life voting record according to National Right to Life.
  • November 19, 2008 - Obama picks pro-abortion former Sen. Tom Daschle as his Health and Human Services Secretary. Daschle has a long pro-abortion voting record according to National Right to Life.
  • November 20, 2008 - Obama chooses former NARAL legal director Dawn Johnsen to serve as a member of his Department of Justice Review Team. Later, he finalizes her appointment as the Assistant Attorney General for the Office of the Legal Counsel in the Obama administration.
  • November 24, 2008 - Obama appoints Ellen Moran, the former director of the pro-abortion group Emily's List as his White House communications director. Emily's List only supported candidates who favored taxpayer funded abortions and opposed a partial-birth abortion ban.
  • November 24, 2008 - Obama puts former Emily's List board member Melody Barnes in place as his director of the Domestic Policy Council.
  • November 30, 2008 - Obama named pro-abortion Sen. Hillary Clinton as the Secretary of State. Clinton has an unblemished pro-abortion voting record and has supported making unlimited abortions an international right.
  • December 10, 2008 - Obama selects pro-abortion former Clinton administration official Jeanne Lambrew to become the deputy director of the White House Office of Health Reform. Planned Parenthood is "excited" about the selection.
  • December 10, 2008 - Obama transition team publishes memo from dozens of pro-abortion groups listing their laundry list of pro-abortions actions they want him to take.
Pro-Abortion Presidential Record - 2009

• January 5, 2009 - Obama picks pro-abortion Virginia Gov. Tim Kaine as the chairman of the Democratic Party.
  • January 6, 2009 - Obama chooses Thomas Perrelli, the lawyer who represented Terri Schiavo’s husband Michael in his efforts to kill his disabled wife, as the third highest attorney in the Justice Department.
  • January 22, 2009 - Releases statement restating support for Roe v. Wade decision that allowed virtually unlimited abortions and has resulted in at least 50 million abortions since 1973.
  • January 23, 2009 - Forces taxpayers to fund pro-abortion groups that either promote or perform abortions in other nations. Decison to overturn Mexico City Policy sends part of $457 million to pro-abortion organizations.
  • January 26, 2009 - Obama nominee for Deputy Secretary of State, James B. Steinberg, tells members of the Senate that taxpayers should be forced to fund abortions. Nominee erroneously says limits on abortion funding are unconstitutional.
  • January 29, 2009 - President Obama nominates pro-abortion David Ogden as Deputy Attorney General.
  • February 12, 2009 - Obama nominates pro-abortion Elena Kagan to serve as Solicitor General.
  • February 27, 2009 - Starts the process of overturning pro-life conscience protections President Bush put in place to make sure medical staff and centers are not forced to do abortions.
  • February 28, 2009 - Barack Obama nominates pro-abortion Kathleen Sebelius to become Secretary of Health and Human Services.
  • March 5, 2009 - The Obama administration shut out pro-life groups from attending a White House-sponsored health care summit. Planned Parenthood, the nation's largest abortion business, made the invitation list as did other pro-abortion groups.
  • March 9, 2009 - President Barack Obama signed an executive order forcing taxpayer funding of embryonic stem cell research.
  • March 10, 2009 - Obama announces the creation of a new foreign policy position to focus on women's issues. He names Melanne Verveer, an abortion advocate, to occupy the post.
  • March 10, 2009 - Reverses an executive order to press for more research into ways of obtaining embryonic stem cells without harming human life. The order Obama scrapped would have promoted new forms of stem cell research.
  • March 11, 2009 - Obama signed an executive order establishing a new agency within his administration known as the White House Council on Women and Girls. Obama's director of public liaison at the White House, Tina Tchen, an abortion advocate, became director of it.
  • March 11, 2009 - Obama administration promotes an unlimited right to abortion at a United Nations meeting.
  • March 11, 2009 - Obama administration officials deny negative effects of abortion at United Nation's meeting.
  • March 17, 2009 - President Barack Obama makes his first judicial appointment and names pro-abortion federal Judge David Hamilton to serve on the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals.

Kind of hard to defend against the facts huh? Reps for posting them.

When you make $3 million and don't even dontate the whole tax write off amount of 10% you have given nothing but 3.5% less than the amount you would have had to pay in taxes anyway.

Its basically giving some of the tax money thats due the government to some charity you place a value judgement on. I wouldn't be surprised if that was kick backs to Planned Parenthood.

What doesn't he place a value judgement on or hold as valuable? According to the facts, its certainly not the innocent life.

6.5% isn't even patriotic.

Where is the Christian sacrifice in that?

Anyone remember the lady at the temple who gave her last penny?

A permissive conscience is one that gives license to abominations.

Upvote 0

SolomonVII

Sep 4, 2003
Vancouver
✟155,006.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Just to be clear I was sincere in commending Preisent Obama for doing what he had to do to disable the teenage pirates. As Commander-in-Chief of the American army, blood on his hands is a good thing when it comes to fighting such evil.

I have no idea who Polycarp was addressing, and he isn't the kind of poster to come around twice with specifics, but since his post directly followed mine, if that was the pot-shot referred to, I was actually sincere in my commendation of the President.

I for one am glad that the the blood on his hands is no longer just that of the unborn.

and hey, noting that Obama has the blood of the unborn on his hands is not exactly breaking news either. Abortionists love the guy almost as much as liberals worship him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fish and Bread

Dona nobis pacem
Jan 31, 2005
✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Obama favors nothing truly Catholic.

That's a lie. I'm guessing you probably either know it, or don't consider anything that's not Republican Catholic, because you're a Republican first and a Catholic second.

When it comes to political issues, Obama is actually in line with Catholic teaching on all but two or three of them.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.