Sep 24, 2010
✟241.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
I also will take Obama at his word. However, if you can post some credible sources of your claim above then I will no longer value his word. You do have credible sources don’t you?
Just google "Obama contends belief in Jesus Christ not necessary for salvation"

or

Dancing Obama Denies Christ Again

Confusion about his religion?

Look at the national day of prayer versus the first day of ramadan.

One - he purposely misses, one - he holds a state dinner for.

At the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute on September 15, 2010 Obama removes 'Creator' from the Declaration of Independence.

He has all the religous symbols covered up before he agrees to give a speech at a Christian University.
He has the cross covered during a speech at Georgetown.

He believes in Infanticide. That's all I need to know.

Upvote 0
T

Tenka

Just google "Obama contends belief in Jesus Christ not necessary for salvation"

or

Dancing Obama Denies Christ Again

Confusion about his religion?

Look at the national day of prayer versus the first day of ramadan.

One - he purposely misses, one - he holds a state dinner for.

At the Congressional Hispanic Caucus Institute on September 15, 2010 Obama removes 'Creator' from the Declaration of Independence.

He has all the religous symbols covered up before he agrees to give a speech at a Christian University.
He has the cross covered during a speech at Georgetown.

He believes in Infanticide. That's all I need to know.

number23pic7.jpg

Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three Twenty three

It all adds up to twenty three!

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟153,344.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
We all use screen names, no one but the admins maybe, might know that Obama is a member on this message board. Nobody can post in this thread, a position saying Obama "isn't" (or even probably isn't) without risking harrasment via "report button" by the Leftists. The whole thread is just a set up for people with an agenda to get people who don't think the same, banned.

For the record: I am not B. H. Obama

I swear.

Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good for him for standing up. Just because he doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve, doesn't mean he's not Christian.

I find it deeply troubling that so many from the right don't view Obama as a fellow brother in Christ. Disagree with his policies/politics all you want; but if he says he's a Christian, that should be good enough for you as a fellow Christian.

Yes, I agree. It's dangerous for so many here to assume he's not a Christian. There ARE Christians who are pro-choice. Some may not consider these people christians, but IMO that's a dangerous mindset.

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The problem with this thread, is. . .

(Bolds by me)

We all use screen names, no one but the admins maybe, might know that Obama is a member on this message board. Nobody can post in this thread, a position saying Obama "isn't" (or even probably isn't) without risking harrasment via "report button" by the Leftists. The whole thread is just a set up for people with an agenda to get people who don't think the same, banned.
Actually that rule was specifically implemented to counter a growing trend around several months ago where our more conservative friends would accuse fellow members of not being Christian because they voted for Obama/Democrats.

The slew of boards 'discussing' (I use the term loosely) Obama's religion, both on this part of the forum and particularly in the Christian-only areas, is a testimony to the fact that this rule doesn't work as you seem to think it does.

And yeah, it isn't "leftists" who do the majority of the reporting on this site, not by a long shot. At least not in my experience.

Upvote 0

Staccato

Tarut keeps on dreaming
Site Supporter
Sep 9, 2007
From Colorado, currently in the UK
✟51,802.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
DADT isn't something I treat lightly my friend, I LIVE by it! ;)
tulc(hopes no one mentions their suspicions to HerbieHeadly) :sorry:
USURPER!!!

...*cough*...

I think you should have to provide birth certificates before you can create an account on this site.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EdwinWillers

Jan 13, 2010
Galt's Gulch
✟8,420.00
Country
Niue
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps they could tell us whether George Bush is a member here then too. :)

:scratch: So, are you telling us Barack Obama is disguising his true identity on CF?

Wouldn't that be perhaps just a tad ironic? ;)

Upvote 0

Macx

Aug 7, 2007
Twin Cities, Whittier-hood
✟7,657.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Libertarian
Perhaps they could tell us whether George Bush is a member here then too. :)

:scratch: So, are you telling us Barack Obama is disguising his true identity on CF?

Wouldn't that be perhaps just a tad ironic? ;)

While there was someone who posted under the screen name Barry Soetoro, I don't recall anyone posting as GWB.

Reactions: EdwinWillers
Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Good for him for standing up. Just because he doesn't wear his religion on his sleeve, doesn't mean he's not Christian.

I find it deeply troubling that so many from the right don't view Obama as a fellow brother in Christ. Disagree with his policies/politics all you want; but if he says he's a Christian, that should be good enough for you as a fellow Christian.

Words don't convince me.

Jesus didn't wear his faith on his sleeve so I don't either.

Upvote 0

GQ Chris

ooey gooey is for brownies, not Bible teachers
Jan 17, 2005
Golden State
✟45,842.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
He means for political clout & cover.

Obama said that faith and salvation through Jesus Christ was not necessary.

I don't recognize this kind of statement from a Christian.

Yet he had no problem reciting the shahada in ‘first-class’ Arabic for the New York Times.

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration
of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses
a Muslim’s complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of
Islam.

Obama knows this from his Quranic studies.

It’s interesting that Obama has remembered the Shahada for the 35 years
since he left Indonesia — and in ‘first-class’ Arabic — especially since he
believes the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on
Earth.”

He refers to the quaran as the "holy" quaran, but I seldom hear him refer to the "Holy" bible, if ever.

This.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Words don't convince me.

Jesus didn't wear his faith on his sleeve so I don't either.

Then it's a good thing it's not something you decide about other people huh? :wave:
tulc(is grateful for that) :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He means for political clout & cover.

I don't recognize this kind of statement from a Christian.

Yet he had no problem reciting the shahada in ‘first-class’ Arabic for the New York Times.

According to Islamic scholars, reciting the Shahada, the Muslim declaration
of faith, makes one a Muslim. This simple yet profound statement expresses
a Muslim’s complete acceptance of, and total commitment to, the message of
Islam.

Obama knows this from his Quranic studies.

It’s interesting that Obama has remembered the Shahada for the 35 years
since he left Indonesia — and in ‘first-class’ Arabic — especially since he
believes the Muslim call to prayer is “one of the prettiest sounds on
Earth.”

He refers to the quaran as the "holy" quaran, but I seldom hear him refer to the "Holy" bible, if ever. (emph. added)

uhmmm...you do realize it's not up to you to decide who is or isn't a Christian, right? :wave:
tulc(just thought it needed pointing out) :sorry:

Upvote 0

sdmsanjose

Jun 19, 2006
Arizona
✟23,684.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Herbie
I read the only source Dancing Obama Denies Christ Again
that you provided in response to my request for credible sources for your statements of:

HerbieHeadley Jr

The only Obama quotes that the article provided were as reprinted below:

"It is a precept of my Christian faith that my redemption comes through Christ, but I am also a big believer in the Golden Rule, which I think is an essential pillar not only of my faith but of my values and my ideals and my experience here on Earth,"

. "I've said this before, and I know this raises questions in the minds of some evangelicals. I do not believe that my mother, who never formally embraced Christianity as far as I know … I do not believe she went to hell. My particular set of beliefs may not be perfectly consistent with the beliefs of other Christians."
I did not see anything in that article that proved your statement, that Obama believes that faith in Christ is not necessary for salvation. What I did read was that Obama stated that
"It is a precept of my Christian faith that my redemption comes through Christ”

His statement contradicts yours.

Obama’s statement about his mother
“…who never formally embraced Christianity as far as I know…”
does not prove your statement either. However, it depends on how one interprets the word “formally”. Does that mean that she believes that faith and salvation through Christ is not necessary? It could mean that she never formally embraced Christianity in that she never joined a Christian church, or was baptized, or attended a Christian church. Those acts do not mean that you do not have faith that Christ is the savior.

If you provide credible information that Obama believes that faith and salvation through Jesus Christ is not necessary, then I will be convinced. What you provided so far is not very convincing.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,886.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"So I came to my Christian faith later in life," the president said, "and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead: being my brother's and sister's keeper, treating others as they treat me."

Well, that's nice, but it seems a rather odd way for a Christian to voice his adherence to the Christian Faith. The Christians I know would say something along the lines of, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God and He died on the cross to save me from my sins"; or "I have accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior"; or "I have invited Christ into my heart and I have a personal relationship with Him"; or even a simple, "I adhere to all the precepts in the Nicene and Apostle's Creeds".

But what Obama said above is just as much a dodge as it is a confirmation---it's a political answer to a religious question. He's making a statement without actually saying anything.

For the record, I don't know what Obama is---Christian, Muslim, Klingon, whatever---and I don't care. His secular record is enough to convince me that the man is a total disaster, and I want him out of office and out of influence for the remainder of his natural life. His personal religious views are between him and God.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟175,947.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
My take on the President and his faith:

I actually take him at face value when he says he isn't a Muslim and identifies as a Christian. He's the same type of Christian most people I know who claim to be Christian are here in the Bible Belt. Very irregular church attendance and a spiritual faith that doesn't have a physical aspect. It is to be expected when one doesn't come from a liturgical tradition- and he doesn't. Don't we see the same over and over and over again here at CF?

I see it all the time here- yet the same people here will condemn the President for believing the same way they do? Really?

Also, I've noticed something else when it comes to our President. He's a very straightforward kind of guy. He doesn't pander and isn't emotional in his demeanor, but at the same time, he is still a fairly private person. He doesn't like playing the PR game because he finds it disingenuous. I think this aspect of his personality irks a lot of people that don't get it. You don't have to agree with his politics (I don't)- but there is no need to demonize him at every turn because you don't get his personality- which I actually find refreshing because I come off the same way to people IRL and I DO get his personality. I have a good friend who had him as a law professor and she tells me he was a great professor and a very nice person. Just something for people to think about.

Upvote 0