Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually there is. It's spelled out in the OP. So who is really the one being petty and difficult? Your mirror has the answer.
Before you go and pull apart every post I made and try to find ways to attack me, you shouldnt waste your breath. Ive already apologized and moved on.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
For someone who spent so much time talking about how much he reveres the flag, it's not gotcha, it's just the shear hypocrisy of the matter.

I don't care if you want your girlfriend to get an abortion, but if you turn around screaming that abortion should be band, that's some next level stuff.
Considering the position this puts The Donald's supporters in, it is kinda a gotta question. Picture a bunch of fish caught in a net.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,610.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I think the point is that it was unintentional. He would not intentionally disrespect the flag. What the NFL guys are doing is most certainly intentional.

And that excuses it? Actually in this case I'd say it does IF he said he messed up because he was caught unprepared. As far as I know he has not.

What I don't get is how people who 'disrespect' the flag while trying to call attention to something they think is important are viewed as such horrible people for that 'disrespect' while bubba who claims to respect the flag will put his flag out and leave it out through rain or shine, unlit at night, well past then point where the tears and tatters are the most notable thing and it is so faded that visitors from outer space might think the colors are pink, cream and pale blue escapes with not even the least bit of correction.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟569,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You talk about Trump's baffoonary and the way he speaks, but when I mention that Obama dropped an "F" bomb on live TV

1.) Obama never dropped an f-bomb on tv - at least not that I've been able to find (I even got rickrolled trying to find a video). There were one or two times when something was bleeped during a scripted white house correspondents dinner skit, but that's about the extent of it.

2.) Even allowing for crude words here and there (which I'm mostly fine with and which Obama admits to using in private), there's absolutely no comparison between the way Obama and Trump talk. If you can't listen to them and hear the difference in tone, civility, intelligence, articulation, and thoughtfulness, then I don't know what to tell you. You're either not being honest with yourself, or you don't know what a smart, decent person sounds like.

But none of you offer the same courtesy. This is a stupid and petty story, but you just HAD to post it right?

It's a stupid and petty story because Trump made flag worship into a stupid and petty story. Without his comments in Alabama, neither the NFL protests nor this thing at the air base would have been stories at all.

Here's the difference. When you're at a football game, they ask you to stand, remove your hat, and put your hand over your heart. There are NFL rules that state this. Most teams have rules that state this.

There are similar rules on a military base. That you weren't aware of them doesn't mean they don't exist.

This wasn't the national anthem. No one asked Trump or anyone to stand. It wasn't customary. There are no rules for it UNLESS you're a member of the military. Trump isn't a grunt. And it very well could've been that he forgot. It could've been that it didn't click for him at that time what the song was for, because he flat out asked Hannity what the song was.

As has been pointed out by others - you're wrong. On a military base, it is customary. Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't have cared about this, and I don't think most others would have either. I imagine that Trump didn't know what this song was. But since he's spent the last couple weeks berating others for disrespecting the flag, the least he could've done was bone up on his own flag etiquette to make sure he wasn't committing any offenses inadvertently. He has people who can do this sort of research for him.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ada Lovelace

Grateful to scientists and all health care workers
Site Supporter
Jun 20, 2014
California
✟1,002,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
On a related note that is more uplifting, my grandpa just shared this video of Robin Williams' reaction to "Retreat" being played when he was entertaining deployed troops; it made me smile. I won't embed the video itself due to language, but it can be viewed on Military.com: Robin Williams Reacts to 'Retreat'

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟847,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
On a related note that is more uplifting, my grandpa just shared this video of Robin Williams' reaction to "Retreat" being played when he was entertaining deployed troops; it made me smile. I won't embed the video itself due to language, but it can be viewed on Military.com: Robin Williams Reacts to 'Retreat'
I miss him.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Our Pres Donald had a farm, E-I-E-I-O.

And on his farm he had some Chickens, E-I-E-I-O.

With a cluck cluck here and a cluck cluck there, here a cluck, there a cluck, everywhere a cluck cluck.

Our Pres Donald had a farm E-I-E-I-O,

Will the atrocities never end?

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No worries. Saving you the trouble lol. Ya'll are right.
It’s nice when someone here is willing to admit an error. Sending a cyber pat on the back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that excuses it? Actually in this case I'd say it does IF he said he messed up because he was caught unprepared. As far as I know he has not.

What I don't get is how people who 'disrespect' the flag while trying to call attention to something they think is important are viewed as such horrible people for that 'disrespect' while bubba who claims to respect the flag will put his flag out and leave it out through rain or shine, unlit at night, well past then point where the tears and tatters are the most notable thing and it is so faded that visitors from outer space might think the colors are pink, cream and pale blue escapes with not even the least bit of correction.
Thread win! Thread win! Thread win!

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How did you manage to post nothing?
sample-large-cyrillic.jpg

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I was going to post when the National Anthem started and I had to stand, face the flag, place my right hand over my heart and sing. So there. The unvarnished patriotic truth. Guilty as charged.
au9xsh4cmaal_jd.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0