Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟911,396.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:
It was an interview with a woman who went into schools to do this. I heard about it in 1995 or 1996. She'd left that job and said she wanted to let people know what was going on. Does it go on now? I don't know. What I'm trying to say, though, is that there's a right way and a wrong way to go about sex ed in schools. You'll agree with that?

Rachel

I will agree with that. Seems to me it should be the consensus of the parents at whatever school it is too be taught in. With each parent having the option of not having their child attend if they are uncomortable with it. However I do not know if that is a workable solution or not. Frankly my memories of sex education class from 6th grade on where that it was a fairly dry and boring discussion of the more techinical aspects of the human body. I see a lot of people getting upset over it, and to be honest I am not sure why it is such a big deal? In my experience, the more information you have, the better informed decisions you are able to make.

Upvote 0

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:
It was an interview with a woman who went into schools to do this. I heard about it in 1995 or 1996. She'd left that job and said she wanted to let people know what was going on. Does it go on now? I don't know. What I'm trying to say, though, is that there's a right way and a wrong way to go about sex ed in schools. You'll agree with that?

Rachel
Was this ever verified? It sould like a made up story. How do we know she didn't lie and made it up as an anti sex-ed scam?

Upvote 0

Nyssa

Mar 3, 2006
Liverpool, United Kingdom
✟8,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Robinsegg said:
From what early age? When my children ask me a question, I answer it with as much truth as they can handle at their ages. My children are fairly young, but have an idea of the differences between male and female bodies. They have little idea what will happen to their bodies as they mature, nor about sex, because they're under the age of 6.

I've heard of programs that start in Kindergarten with strap-on body parts. That, I'm uncomfortable with.

Rachel

That last thing does sound odd, I agree!

Some schools in the UK teach a version of sex ed from age 4 1/2 (when children start school here) onwards. A younger cousin of mine and her class were given picture books about cats and how they have kittens, to start them thinking about family life and relationships in a way they could understand.

As long as sex education is gradual, honest and tasteful in this way I see no problem at all with starting it at a young age. There shouldn't be any sense of shame or secrecy about learning the facts of life.

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, but it does need careful consideration by the community before being implemented. I don't have a problem with the kitten thing. But there are some things that need to be handled very delicately and this is one of them.

The article I linked (on the 13th page, sorry, it's long) gives the conversation between an interviewer and a woman just out of Planned Parenthood. She said they went in in K and taught the children the parents didn't know anything. They told them the proper names for their genetalia (I don't have a problem with this part), and had the children ending up showing each other their genetalia on the playground. That's a little disturbing. She goes on to say what the "education" consisted of in older grades, including group mast*rbation in 3rd & 4th.

If it's true, I don't like it, esp. to have my tax dollars paying for it.

Rachel

Upvote 0

Nyssa

Mar 3, 2006
✟8,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Robinsegg said:
Okay, but it does need careful consideration by the community before being implemented. I don't have a problem with the kitten thing. But there are some things that need to be handled very delicately and this is one of them.

I completely agree. I should've added that, of course, nothing should be explained to children without parents' consent as sex ed is really THEIR prerogative, if only more parents would exercise that honestly and beneficially.

The article I linked (on the 13th page, sorry, it's long) gives the conversation between an interviewer and a woman just out of Planned Parenthood. She said they went in in K and taught the children the parents didn't know anything. They told them the proper names for their genetalia (I don't have a problem with this part), and had the children ending up showing each other their genetalia on the playground. That's a little disturbing. She goes on to say what the "education" consisted of in older grades, including group mast*rbation in 3rd & 4th.

That sounds awful :o But I must say that I was lucky enough to benefit from a brilliant, honest, comprehensive sex ed programme at my primary school. I was 10/11 years old. We were taught the proper names for features of our body but no children I knew went round showing things off in the playground. Me and my friends would've been mortified, even as naturally curious as we were!

The group masturbation thing smacks of the urban legends that go round about sex ed. It could be true, I know, but I wonder how that sort of thing could go on without abuse being reported...?

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I haven't researched it outside this interview. At the time, I was in college, planning my wedding, and had no children. It horrified me enough for it to stick in my mind (and find it online now), but I really didn't research it. The interviewee here even says they didn't have written goals. But she does state they found that when they went into a school the teen pregnancies went up by 50%. I took her word for it at the time, as someone who'd been there. I doubt PP would publish the numbers, so I don't know how I'd go about finding corroboration.

Rachel

Upvote 0

Nyssa

Mar 3, 2006
✟8,028.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Robinsegg said:
I haven't researched it outside this interview. At the time, I was in college, planning my wedding, and had no children. It horrified me enough for it to stick in my mind (and find it online now), but I really didn't research it. The interviewee here even says they didn't have written goals. But she does state they found that when they went into a school the teen pregnancies went up by 50%. I took her word for it at the time, as someone who'd been there. I doubt PP would publish the numbers, so I don't know how I'd go about finding corroboration.

Rachel

Whether or not it can be corroborated, I think it's good that it's made you, as a mother, cautious about this! :)

Upvote 0

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:
The interview is related starting on page 13 of this link:
http://www.geocities.com/kekogut/promiscuity/connect.pdf

Maybe that will help you.
Sorry, page 13 had Dobson & Everet transcribed from FoF. It also is not an independent source. "Life Research Institute." is not scientic, verified, or even a mainstream news source that actually have to worry about its credibility. So this story that this group "broke," where was that reported in a reliable media format? ANYWHERE? Or is it the kind of lies spewed to fire up activists?

Again, I ask you to provide VERIFICATION. That means some independent, unbiased source confirming that this occured.

Upvote 0

steen

Lie Detector
Jun 13, 2006
South Dakota
✟9,384.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:

The article I linked (on the 13th page, sorry, it's long)
It is not on page 13 in the PDF format. Could you double-check?

gives the conversation between an interviewer and a woman just out of Planned Parenthood. She said they went in in K and taught the children the parents didn't know anything. They told them the proper names for their genetalia (I don't have a problem with this part), and had the children ending up showing each other their genetalia on the playground. That's a little disturbing. She goes on to say what the "education" consisted of in older grades, including group mast*rbation in 3rd & 4th.
And on rense.com, you can read all about the Government mind-control beam experiments as well. Where is the verification? It looks like an outright fabrication to me.

But then, you have no reason to believe it is true, other than what an activist, political, biased source have claimed anyway.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟911,396.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:

Rachel

Well, just glancing through it I find it rather patently absurd. Group touching yourself training? Hoping to get 3-4 abortions out of teen girls? Sorry, just a bunch of scare tactics wrapped up in slick packaging. If anything like this was really happening anywhere there would be such a hue and cry we would have heard of it.

Upvote 0
Robinsegg said:
The interview is related starting on page 13 of this link:
http://www.geocities.com/kekogut/promiscuity/connect.pdf

Maybe that will help you.

Rachel
From Page 13 said:

Focus on the Family taped Amy Stephens and Carol Everett for a radio broadcast. The following is a
discussion between Focus founder James Dobson and Carol Everett. Everett is a former partial owner of two
Killing Centers in Dallas, Texas. "Dobson: 'Carol, let's go back to your situation now. In those days when you
were involved in the abortion clinics, you began speaking in public schools in sex-education classes. At what
grade level and what were you teaching?' Everett: 'We had two marketing plans. One was yellow pages, and we
spent $250,000 on that, but the other great marketing plan was to go into the schools and talk about safe sex.​
Now,
our goal was three to five abortions out of every teenager [girls]. We wanted those boys to bring
those girls in to between the ages of 13 and 18. But you can't just go to them when they're 12 and say to them,
"We want you to start having abortions next year." So there was a whole system in place to break down the
natural modesty to get them to trust us as their sexual counselors, to literally laugh at their parents' values, laugh
at what their parents said, and it started in kindergarten.....blah blah blah lies lies lies....

Do you have a reputable source that doesn't lie, distort and make up what sounds like absurd conservative christian urban legends?

Upvote 0

Robinsegg

SuperMod L's
Site Supporter
Mar 1, 2006
Near the Mississippi
✟63,126.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, there's lots of questions about this source. I admitted that I didn't check it out at the time, and it's been at least 10 years since this came out. Do I know that it happened? No. Does it make me cautious? Yes. What I'm trying to say is that there's a right way to go about it, and lots of wrong ways.

Personally, I plan to give my children information that they can handle when they can handle it. That doesn't mean explaining it when they're 16, either. I prefer to teach my children this subject between my husband and myself instead of relegating it to the schools. If everyone else wants it in K-4 schools, that 's fine. All I'm saying is that the community (those that employ the local school boards) need to be careful and have some knowledge of what's going on. It shouldn't be "smuggled" into other curricula.

Rachel

Upvote 0

Belk

Site Supporter
Dec 21, 2005
Seattle
✟911,396.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Robinsegg said:
Okay, there's lots of questions about this source. I admitted that I didn't check it out at the time, and it's been at least 10 years since this came out. Do I know that it happened? No. Does it make me cautious? Yes. What I'm trying to say is that there's a right way to go about it, and lots of wrong ways.

Personally, I plan to give my children information that they can handle when they can handle it. That doesn't mean explaining it when they're 16, either. I prefer to teach my children this subject between my husband and myself instead of relegating it to the schools. If everyone else wants it in K-4 schools, that 's fine. All I'm saying is that the community (those that employ the local school boards) need to be careful and have some knowledge of what's going on. It shouldn't be "smuggled" into other curricula.

Rachel

Fair enough. I think if more parents became involved with their childrens sex education program that it would be less scary and they would feel much more confidant in what is being taught. Thumbs up to you. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bammertheblue

Veteran
Feb 10, 2006
Washington, DC
✟10,377.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I just don't see anything wrong with teaching children the proper names for their body parts, including private parts, basically as soon as they are able to speak and learn. It takes away a lot of the shame and the idea that their bodies are "dirty".

Upvote 0

Adriac

Apr 11, 2006
Visit site
✟16,437.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Adriac said:
Aah, yes, those wholesome old days... When a young man and a young woman would be eternally joined under God, and seven months later their union would be blessed with a child :)
bammertheblue said:
Too funny.

Just... You know... Thought I'd make the point :p

Upvote 0