Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Well, the results are in, Mr. Remi and I are pregnant! ...and still in shock.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy, and also really clueless.
Right now only Remi and my older sister know.
I'm going to tell the rest of the family at Christmas, but I would love to have your prayers as we take this biiiig step.
Advice is very welcome too.

It's all still a little surreal at this point.

Peace,
- Niffer

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I'm only 5 weeks, so little pip is only the size of an apple seed.
But I'm still getting weird stomach pressure and having to pee every 15 minutes! :S

Like I said, this is all veeery new, which is why my folks don't know yet..so SHH keep it a secret k?

Right now I guess I'm looking for reassurance. My sister says that it is VERY rare for a positive urine test to turn out actually negetive.
But I still feel like if I take another test... (which I'm nervous to do, because I'm so happy and would hate to see that negative sign) ...I feel like it actually could come up negative.

I took one of those digital clear-blue ones that tell you how many weeks your pregnant by, and am trying to make an appt with my GP (if his secretary ever picks up the cotton-pickin' phone! *snort!* )

Bizzarely, it's me thats the calm one, and Remi is pretty calm too, though all last night he talked about how our boy has to be a Senator Hockey fan...
It's my older sister thats bouncing off the ceiling! She has two kids of her own already and she's already doing more celebrating than I have done!

I think because I'm scared I'm not actually preggo...and that makes me all nervous. :(

foo.

- Niffer

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Niff, WOW, WOW, WOW!!! So happy for you guys! I didn't realize you all were trying, so what a great surprise.

Well, we weren't technically "trying" , we weren't using BC, but I wasn't calculating my ovulation either.
We just sorta left it up to God to choose when.

The funny thing is, just 3 months ago my SIL became preggo as well, which means that our babies will only be a few months apart!

I'm going out tonight with my sis and she's offered to help me choose my vitamins and folic acid.

It's hard keeping this a secret from my family, but Remi really wants to announce it at Christmas...so I guess I'll just have to button my beak for now.

Any suggestions as to how to clue my folks in??

Peace,
- Niff

Upvote 0

Lena75

Aug 11, 2004
✟21,104.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My sil had a creative idea the year she was expecting her first. Bought a boy and a girls' outfit, wrapped them up. She gave the girl outfit to her mom and he gave the boy outfit to fil. We all saw them unwrap it, so we all clued in at the same time!

I was pregnant at the same time as a couple of my sils. Makes the age thing easy later on! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Having babies close together is fun! My sis and I were both preggers at the same time the first two times. In fact, our oldest boys share a birthday and are called the family "twins". They were born 21(ish) hours and 3,000 miles apart, tho! :D

Prenatal vitamins should cover all your needs. Or, if you can't stomach them thanks to morning sickness down the road, 2 kids' chewables will do the trick, too - at least that's what my OB told me. lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Pray, and then buy the book, "What to Expect When You are Expecting!" It guides you in what to eat during the different stages of your baby's development. It will help a lot!

I already own it. :blush: I saw it for two dollars at a used bookstore, so I snatched it up 5 months ago.
It's a great book, and I've also discovered "Pregnancy for Dummies" and its actually pretty informative.

I've already started a baby journal to keep track of all my crazy thoughts and events, and feelings!

I bought another preggo test today, another clear-blue.
Like I told my sis, I still feel like I'm "faking" it.

It turns out my GP won't order a blood test regularly, he'll just do another type of urine test.

So pray that I see that little "preggo" sign again in my test!!:prayer:

- Niffer

Upvote 0

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
WHOOOOOOOO!

The proof is in the pudding as it were. :D

100_2502.jpg

YAY!:sohappy:

- Niff

Upvote 0