Not open for further replies.

pcwilkins

Feb 2, 2004
✟8,680.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Calvinist, and young earth creation. Just like Genesis 1 says!

Van said:
I am a non-calvinist who believes God created everything by a means we do not understand. Job 38.

Van, this is intriguing. The bible says quite clearly that God created the earth in six days, which is the young-earth-creation theory, so why is it that you don't believe it? I accept that we can't understand it, but I always thought you accepted the whole bible as true....was I wrong?

Peter

Upvote 0

Van

Contributor
Oct 28, 2004
California
✟9,814.00
Faith
Christian
Yes of course I believe God created everything in six "days". These are "creation days" and their duration is not specified in the Bible. You are free to draw the inferrence they are 24 hour days, they may well be, I certainly do not maintain that they are not. I just do not know. Job 38.

Peter, if you want to debate this topic, there is a forum for it. I have no interest in debating this subject under soteriology, for me the key truth is God created everything and therefore as our creator He can do with us as He pleases. He is the potter and we are the clay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JohnJones

Jun 29, 2004
✟1,084.00
Faith
Christian
pcwilkins vbmenu_register("postmenu_13802030" said:
But you do believe that God created everything in six days?

In Genesis 1, God uses the formula "there was evening (dark hours) and morning (light hours) - day #." That shows that it is a literal 24-hour day. He also uses the creation week to explain to the Jews why the sabbath commandment says they are to work 6 days (He created everything in 6 days) and rest on the 7th day (He rested on the 7th day).
Exo 20:9-11 "Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work...For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."​

I voted other/non-Calvinist, Young Earth Creation.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2

Rangers Lead the Way
Aug 20, 2004
Texas
✟3,603.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
JohnJones said:
In Genesis 1, God uses the formula "there was evening (dark hours) and morning (light hours) - day #." That shows that it is a literal 24-hour day. He also uses the creation week to explain to the Jews why the sabbath commandment says they are to work 6 days (He created everything in 6 days) and rest on the 7th day (He rested on the 7th day).
Exo 20:9-11 "Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work...For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it."​
I voted other/non-Calvinist, Young Earth Creation.

Correction JohnJones, although this is more suited to the Origins forum: the formula in Genesis 1 is "there was evening, there was morning". You forgot the second verb "was", which most YEC do. And the Sabbath is a symbol of a 1 in 7, i.e. 6 work, 1 rest. This applies to the work week, but also to the sabbath of the land, and applies in the year of Jubilee situation. But, as I said, this is a discussion for another forum.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Imblessed

Reformed Baptist with a Quaker heritage
Aug 8, 2004
Ohio
✟10,256.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
How about Calvinist/Don't Know?

lol! I've swung both ways, YEC and Theistic.....I've finally accepted that I just don't care enough to make a stand on that. I'm too busy learning in other areas and can't seem to find the time or energy to make a real study on it.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.