vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Hi! :wave:

I know I ask often for prayers, but it is because I know that prayer works!! And I love to pray for others too!!

Anyway, my son is due to graduate from High School this spring...but I am afraid he has given up. He is such a good kid too and loving and smart...it makes me kind of crazy!!! Anyway, he is the type of kid who would rather be with friends than finish his homework and now it doesn't look like he will make it to graduation, so he wants to give up. He said he can just take the GED...which, yeah, he can and probably would pass, but I just think that he would feel much more like he accomplished something if he goes one more semester to high school and finishes and gets his diploma. But then he said he would feel stupid. I just feel so bad for him, he is just such a great kid!! Well, he is really an adult, he is 18, but he is still my baby! And, this weekend we are having a party for my daughter who just finished with high school, it took her much longer than normal because of health issues. But for him, he just would rather be around people, you know friends and family, then do his homework.

So, the next few days we are going to do some searching to see what we can do to get him to accomplish his diploma, I am currently waiting for his principal to call me. So, will you keep him in your prayers...like I said he is such a great kid and everyone loves him, I just think that prayers would give him the boost he needs to feel the desire to accomplish this for himself!! Thanks everyone!!:hug:

vrunca

STRESSED spelled backwards is DESSERTS
May 1, 2004
North East Lower Michigan! Go Wings!!
✟4,908.00
Faith
Catholic
Thanks you guys, we have an appointment to go to see the principal on Wednesday, he is a great guy! He will really encourage my son and show him some options, he was really a huge help with my daughter when she was sick. Through prayer and encouragement, he will accomplish it and I think he will really feel great about himself then! He is kind of looking at going into the priesthood...and he told me that they would never take someone who has trouble passing high school classes in the seminary, but I told him that he can't look at it that way, because he doesn't have a learning disability, he just has to push himself to do the work, he is really smart! Then I went on to tell him about Father Solanus.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.