vanshan

A Sinner
Mar 5, 2004
✟13,268.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
One of the saints at Tulsa, OK, Anna, is departing within the next few days. Please pray for her. She's often been called "our angel," due to her kind, charitable, and loving disposition. She's been suffering with cancer, which has spread from breast cancer into her bones and now brain. She has sung in the choir, served on the parish council, and been a source of inspiration to many in our community.

Recently she told me her sickness was a gift. She is truly remarkable and filled with faith and love.

--Basil

Attachments

• Anna.bmp
    802.2 KB · Views: 57

Dorothea

One of God's handmaidens
Jul 10, 2007
Colorado Springs, Colorado
✟241,170.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
:( I'm sure she'll be greatly missed by family and the community. She's got a profound faith and strength that I marvel at. I can see why she'd be an inspiration to many. Lord, have mercy. :crosseo:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vanshan

A Sinner
Mar 5, 2004
✟13,268.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
A couple pictures from the funeral on Tuesday, September 13/ Feast of the Elevation of the Cross.

Attachments

• September 13, 2010 073.jpg
    September 13, 2010 073.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 40
  • September 13, 2010 075.jpg
    September 13, 2010 075.jpg
    278.4 KB · Views: 42
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

vanshan

A Sinner
Mar 5, 2004
✟13,268.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Our priest said he noticed the small smile on her face increase during the course of the funeral service.

One the evening she reposed, three parishoners who were arriving at our church for a verspers service said they heard faint church bells toll three times in the distance at the time they later found out she had fallen asleep.

Due to an ongoing legal conflict, we had been approved to build a cemetery on site, which Anna wanted to be buried in very much, but after it was approved the plans were delayed by an appeal by one of the neighbors. Therefore, we had to bury her in a nearby cemetery, but will later have her remains exhumed and moved to the cemtery. She was not embalmed, so perhaps these circumstances occured to give us the opportunity to view her body at a later date to see if they happen to be incorrupt. She very well may have been a Saint among us, but time will tell. We're holding all these events surrounding her repose in our hearts.

Basil

Upvote 0

IrishOrthodox

Prodigal of TAW Forum
Dec 10, 2007
Lancaster, PA
✟8,662.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
May her memory be eternal! From the comments made, and from the photos you shared Basil, I know without doubt that Anna was indeed a special person. I'm with you in holding the events you last describe in my heart as you await to return her to the Church cemetery - a much more fitting place for such a lovely person.

Upvote 0