Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
My wife and I have been trying for 2 years now with no results. Despite treatment and other means, it hasn't been successful. I'm worried that maybe we waited too long (shes 36) or maybe I'm being punished (in a state of anger and frustration 8 years ago, I asked God to withhold all children from me as I would never want any.)

At age 24 I didn't want kids, but I've had a change of heart. Now, I'm feeling the heartbreak of wanting one and not having. Father's day got to me so bad last year and this year.

Whatever the reason, I pray that we can conceive and if not, deal with it and move on.

Drought of the Heart

Site Supporter
Jun 2, 2018
Houston
✟55,337.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I have been trying for 2 years now with no results. Despite treatment and other means, it hasn't been successful. I'm worried that maybe we waited too long (shes 36) or maybe I'm being punished (in a state of anger and frustration 8 years ago, I asked God to withhold all children from me as I would never want any.)

At age 24 I didn't want kids, but I've had a change of heart. Now, I'm feeling the heartbreak of wanting one and not having. Father's day got to me so bad last year and this year.

Whatever the reason, I pray that we can conceive and if not, deal with it and move on.

Dear Heavenly Father You know the future , we ask if Your will this couple have a child or place one in their life that needs parents , no matter Your will give them peace , in Jesus name amen

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Site Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,343,306.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution

:heart: Praying for you Mark, and your precious wife too, that all things are made new, and that God's inexplicable grace supersedes ALL things, including what was said when you were 24 years old. Father may it be so, in Jesus name, amen (((hug)))

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

There are tens of thousands of children out there that need a father.
Consider one of those.

Upvote 0

Greg Merrill

Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2017
Las Vegas
✟342,224.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Whether because of biological reasons, or You seeing it best at this time for these to have no children, may You work in their lives in such a way as to bring praise, worship, and contentment. Philippians 4:11. Others in scripture were barren before prayer, and You allowed them to have children for Your own glory. Still others probably prayed, and never did receive children. In either case, may this couple put You first and trust in Your ways, and still count themselves blessed for so many reasons. Amen.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate

The Lord isn't spiteful.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I believe God is far more understanding and compassionate than we often feel like we are. I don't believe he is holding your past words against you.

Many people have a hard time with conception and childbirth. I would continue to pray for God's blessing and for Him to work in your lives regarding this.

Upvote 0

JAM2b

Sep 20, 2014
✟93,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
or maybe I'm being punished (in a state of anger and frustration 8 years ago, I asked God to withhold all children from me as I would never want any.)

When I was very young I was upset and angry over being assaulted by a boyfriend who had just broken up with me. I was angry at every male on the planet and I very bitterly claimed I never wanted anything to with boys, and if I ever had a child and it was male I would give him up for adoption. God knew I was just hurt and throwing a fit.

He gave me two sons and I would not trade them for anything.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When I was very young I was upset and angry over being assaulted by a boyfriend who had just broken up with me. I was angry at every male on the planet and I very bitterly claimed I never wanted anything to with boys, and if I ever had a child and it was male I would give him up for adoption. God new I was just hurt and throwing a fit.

He gave me two sons and I would not trade them for anything.

Thanks for sharing your story and for the encouragement.

Upvote 0

drjean

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2011
✟313,070.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
:prayer:

When I was young and had a baby in diapers, a neighbor couple who had tried for years and wanted a baby terribly offered to babysit for me when I needed a break to take a toddler some where... ... this was needed maybe 3 days in a row! I was sooo grateful. Within some weeks she came to me with great news! She was pregnant! Seems the doctor says she relaxed and enjoyed my baby so much, the stress chemicals in her body subsided to allow impregnation... who knew!?

May God give you YOUR solution to this, and soon! :prayer:

Upvote 0

mama2one

Apr 8, 2018
U.S.A.
✟257,683.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I pray that we can conceive and if not, deal with it and move on.

I never prayed to get pregnant but did pray for a child
we adopted a child

many people think adoption is a second choice but it's not
every child deserves a family

no matter how you create a family through pregnancy or adoption, a child is a blessing

hope that you may be open to adoption

Upvote 0

Stringfellow_Hawke

Jul 4, 2018
West Virginia
✟37,334.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I never prayed to get pregnant but did pray for a child
we adopted a child

many people think adoption is a second choice but it's not
every child deserves a family

no matter how you create a family through pregnancy or adoption, a child is a blessing

hope that you may be open to adoption

I am

Upvote 0

Dynamaniac

Apr 23, 2018
Houston
✟10,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God's timing is perfect. Be grateful for His plan and His control. He is not punishing you, the timing is just not right. In all things, give thanks. Everything has a season. Relax and trust Him. Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord and who's trust is the Lord (Jeremiah 17:7). God hears your prayers and He knows your hearts. Be open to what comes and remember that NOTHING is impossible for God. He works all things for good for those who love Him and are called for His purpose.

Lord, we pray for the peace and comfort of this couple. May they rejoice in the knowing that they are yours and that you alone are in control. May they trust in you and be a blessing to you, Lord. We pray for their joy and their family, no matter what that looks like. We trust that you, Lord, are working everything out for their good. Amen!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

dude99

Apr 12, 2014
✟40,407.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
It must be really hard. Praying for you and your wife. Perhaps you can consider adoption as there are so many children out there would really love to be adopted before considering attempted to try again for your wife to be pregnant. After all, it will really benefit the adopted child to be raised in a Christian household.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟695,041.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For those who haven't heard, my wife is pregnant. Prayers answered!

Wow, so happy for you! Congratulations! This is the first I've seen this thread so I've not prayed for you yet but I'll make sure to add your name and your wife to my prayer list.... May God bless your household exceedingly..

Upvote 0