Silver-winged Flyer

I take the road less traveled
Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I don't normally like asking for prayer, maybe its a pride thing, but this is more for prayer for my extended family.

My uncle passed away on Saturday night from colon cancer, he was diagnosed six months ago and it ended up spreading despite chemotherapy.

I just want to ask you to pray for his wife, daughter, son-in-law, two grandaughters and his brothers and sisters and lots of nieces and nephews. He left behind two brothers and three sisters, one of the sisters is my mom. There aren't many of us who are Christians in the family so I just ask if you would pray for comfort for the family, that they would know His presence, that God may be glorified in this situation and that the family who aren't saved will become Christians.

I didn't think it would be as difficult for me as it has been at times. Some times I'm fine and other times I realise just how much I miss him.

The service is next Monday and I know it will be difficult for all of us. He was always joking and teasing and even when I saw him on Christmas Day in the hospital, he made a joke of how bruised his arm looked from all the drips and stuff.

Thanks
Tracey

This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silver-winged Flyer

Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I just want to ask you to pray for my family again tomorrow (Sunday) and Monday. There's family driving 6 hours to be here for the service so could you pray for travelling mercies for them and then just for Monday - if you could pray that we know God's comforting presence. I know its going to be a difficult service to get through because we all need closure and we are a pretty close family so its going to be hard to say goodbye.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Silver-winged Flyer

Jan 16, 2006
✟9,935.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Thanks Wallaby, I'm glad to say that its over. It was really sad but God gave me strength that I didn't have. I thought I'd be alot more emotional because I hadn't grieved properly yet but I was okay. I could give strength to others which is what I wanted to do, I did keep alot to myself though because I was too sad to be in a big group situation.

Upvote 0