Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I don't know what's going on, honestly. It feels like I'm going insane. I have this feeling that something "bad" is around me, it's making my anxiety shoot up. I'm 100% certain it's the Lamictal medication I'm on, but if you have the time please pray for me that this feeling or whatever it is goes away.

God is good!

Thank you all. :heart:

Serendipitous Waffle

Jul 18, 2023
Viken
✟55,420.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
I do believe it's my medication, it's for an epileptic seizure I had due to a stroke. Reason I'm still on it is because A) I really don't want to experience another seizure (even though it's unlikely) and B) Lamictal is supposedly "good" and finally, C) Because certain side effects have lessened however a few persist. And I am starting to believe the medication instead of lessening as I originally thought are just effecting me another way now.

With that being said, I am under treatment with the Neuro-docs, I am not 100% sure when the next appointment is but I am going to have to figure that out and discuss with them an alternative. I cannot live my life like this.

Upvote 0

Prayers4You

Nov 4, 2023
United States
✟9,229.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You know your body best. I pray you and your Neuro docs are able to get you feeling better.

Sadly, I know some of which you speak. I also had one epileptic seizure and was put on medications because it landed me in the ICU. I tried a few different anti-seizure medications (Keppra, Neurontin and Lamictal) for a couple of years but had a hard time tolerating them. So after much discussion, my doctors and I decided for me to stop taking them since I only had the one seizure. If I was to have any more seizures, then I'd go back on them. Thankfully I have been seizure free for 5 years so far. I do take Klonopin daily for anxiety/panic attacks. That is a medication that can also help with seizures; it is usually added on to a preventative medication such as Lamictal, Keppra, Tegretol, etc... So the Klonopin I take may be helping me be seizure free but I don't know for sure. My psychiatrist, not neuro, prescribes that for me.

I do have a cousin that has epilepsy and he takes Tegretol and Klonopin. He seems to tolerate them well. His sister had to be on Tegretol short term for a facial nerve pain inflammation and did well on it also. So maybe ask about that medication and/or the Klonopin at your next Neuro appointment?... Try to get in sooner with your doctor if you are struggling. They should be able to work you in. Praying you both are able to figure out something to get you feeling better soon. :praying:

Upvote 0