Prayer for Husband

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrystal-J

The one who stands firm to the end will be saved.
Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I went to confession and admitted that I was having a hard time with my husband--as he has mental problems that cause him to act wild and out of control. My Priest said that I should say an Our Father and a Hail Mary for him (and other unstable people in my life). My husband is currently in the hospital due to his mental problems. His general health is also affected because of his behavior during manic episodes.

Dear Lord,
Please watch over my husband as he struggles with his mental and physical health. May he see the need for You to be the center of his life. May he learn to love You and respect your teachings.
Amen,
C J

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I went to confession and admitted that I was having a hard time with my husband--as he has mental problems that cause him to act wild and out of control. My Priest said that I should say an Our Father and a Hail Mary for him (and other unstable people in my life). My husband is currently in the hospital due to his mental problems. His general health is also affected because of his behavior during manic episodes.

Dear Lord,
Please watch over my husband as he struggles with his mental and physical health. May he see the need for You to be the center of his life. May he learn to love You and respect your teachings.
Amen,
C J

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil. Amen.
Um.

Did the priest say you had to do your penance in public ? If not, and this is a serious question, why are you doing it here.

I mean, thses guys are a sure thing, they'll pray for anything you didn't need to give them an example.

I seriously don't get this.

Upvote 0

Tigg

Senior Veteran
Jan 5, 2007
✟17,774.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Aww, Cosmic Charlie. Doesn't it say somewhere, the Bible I think, to pray for one another and to pray in all things? I will tell you that, altho I don't pray enough, I will not pray for a baked potato. Well, not unless I need food desperately. :) Then I would for sure.

Chrystal-J, I will pray for your husband and for you too. God bless you both.

-Peace-

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate them. My husband needs all the prayers he can get.
Charlie, if you don't wish to pray for me and my husband that is fine--but, please keep the negative thoughts to yourself as they help no-one.
Take care all and thanks again!
C J

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,646.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Thank you all for your prayers. I appreciate them. My husband needs all the prayers he can get.
Charlie, if you don't wish to pray for me and my husband that is fine--but, please keep the negative thoughts to yourself as they help no-one.
Take care all and thanks again!
C J
Look, I know I've got a rep. I don't mind when people go with it, hell I cultivate it so why not ?

But I was taught, by like nuns and stuff, that the confessional and what went on in it was private. That included the penance.

As for you and your husband. Mental Illness has destroyed more lives of more of my family that I care (or dare) to count. Right at this moment there's enough mental illness operating the keyboard of my PC to light up Chicago.

So I have more than a little understanding and compassion for your situtation.

And all you would have had to do to get my prayers is ask. You didn't have to expose yourself.

And I'm the hard case on this board. That's my point.

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Look, I know I've got a rep. I don't mind when people go with it, hell I cultivate it so why not ?

But I was taught, by like nuns and stuff, that the confessional and what went on in it was private. That included the penance.

As for you and your husband. Mental Illness has destroyed more lives of more of my family that I care (or dare) to count. Right at this moment there's enough mental illness operating the keyboard of my PC to light up Chicago.

So I have more than a little understanding and compassion for your situtation.

And all you would have had to do to get my prayers is ask. You didn't have to expose yourself.

And I'm the hard case on this board. That's my point.
Please don't continue to post on this thread. (I'm looking for prayers only--not comments/debate.)
My prayers are with you.
Thanks,
C J

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Dear Lord,
Please watch over my husband. He is struggling with so many issues. May he learn to love You and what You teach. May his eyes be opened for Your love.
Amen,
C J

Upvote 0

Victrixa

Dear Lord have mercy on me!
Mar 23, 2004
Québec, Canada
✟8,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Chrystal-J,

I sure know what it is to live with a husband who has ill health. Mine has had ill health ever since we were married almost 15 years ago... (I understand the pain and the feeling of overwhelmingness)

So, my heart goes out to you! :hug:

I said some prayers and will continue to pray for you. :crossrc: :hug:

Upvote 0

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thank you Victrixa (and for all who prayed for my husband and myself).
Now that I look back, I can see that his illness started before we met--but, he's gone down-hill over the years. (We've been married for 12 years.) He's been in the hospital for about 5 weeks now. His total health is affected by his mental problems. He stops eating and drops down to a very low weight. He's been on tube feedings for about 6 months now.
His mental problems caused so much stress and that's why I finally talked to my Priest about it. I felt myself upset almost all the time. My Priest guided me in the right direction and told me to pray for my husband because he needs God now more than ever.
Thanks again to everyone who prayed!
Take Care,
C J

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Chrystal-J

Site Supporter
Oct 19, 2004
Detroit
✟806,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Thanks...:)
No, I don't think he is a believer. He says that "God exists", but he's never shown much interest in the Lord. I tried to give him information about the Lord the last time he was home and he just threw it back on the table and said "I don't want this!" So, I decided not to push. Although, he is willing to take communion when the Priest at the hospital comes around. So, maybe he's just on the fence--but, I'm not sure as he's usually hostile to anything I suggest.
Take Care,
C J

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.