California
✟41,185.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I was thinking about Left Behind 3 and the character that played the AntiChrist in the movie for a minute earlier today and I know that it was an inappropriate thing to think about even if it is a biblical movie (or it may not be I am not fully sure). Please pray that I don't have thoughts like these at all and that others don't have such thoughts.

~Anastasia~

† Handmaid of God †
Dec 1, 2013
Florida panhandle, USA
✟922,645.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Prayers for you.

But it's worth mentioning that the enemy suggests inappropriate thoughts to us often, and that is not a sin. What we DO with those thoughts can quickly become sin. The best thing is to learn to recognize that a thought is a problem and immediately put it out of our minds.

A wise man said that you can't help birds flying around overhead, but you can stop them from building a nest in your hair. It's kind of like that.

Short prayers, even repeating the Name of Christ, or reciting a Psalm are often helpful diversionary tactics.

God be with you.

Upvote 0

tturt

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Oct 30, 2006
✟785,998.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes, agree with Anastasia. It's what we do after that original thought. We're to take every thought captive (II Cor 10:5) and renew our minds (Rom 12:2) with His Word such as "Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world." (I John 4:4) "The Lord also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, Lord, hast not forsaken them that seek thee." Psa 9:9-10

Praying, too.

Last edited:
Upvote 0