Florida
✟12,417.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Every day I feel general abdominal discomfort. The only foods I can eat are macaroni and sweet potatoes. It is not severe pain, but always there. I keep thinking the feeling will never end until the problem is diagnosed but I need to be healthy again to get an endoscopy (the test that would diagnose it). So I am in a Catch-22 situation, based on what my sister, an oncologist, texted my mom, who I live with. I have no known pre-existing GI tract disorders or food allergies and Celiac disease already has been ruled out by a blood test. The next time slot available to get an endoscopy is in November, which is too late for me. I feel like nothing will change until after I am diagnosed because this has been going on for weeks. Until I feel normal again, my mom will not call the hospital to ask about a cancellation before the November date because in my current medical state, there is no way I can drink a full gallon of the colonoscopy prep laxative, a disgusting powder called GoLytely, for eight hours. And the longer she puts that off, the less likely there is to be a cancellation, I assume. Please pray for both my healing and the ability to get an earlier endoscopy.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,676,217.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Every day I feel general abdominal discomfort. The only foods I can eat are macaroni and sweet potatoes. It is not severe pain, but always there. I keep thinking the feeling will never end until the problem is diagnosed but I need to be healthy again to get an endoscopy (the test that would diagnose it). So I am in a Catch-22 situation, based on what my sister, an oncologist, texted my mom, who I live with. I have no known pre-existing GI tract disorders or food allergies and Celiac disease already has been ruled out by a blood test. The next time slot available to get an endoscopy is in November, which is too late for me. I feel like nothing will change until after I am diagnosed because this has been going on for weeks. Until I feel normal again, my mom will not call the hospital to ask about a cancellation before the November date because in my current medical state, there is no way I can drink a full gallon of the colonoscopy prep laxative, a disgusting powder called GoLytely, for eight hours. And the longer she puts that off, the less likely there is to be a cancellation, I assume. Please pray for both my healing and the ability to get an earlier endoscopy.
Praying for your intentions. May God grant you an earlier appointment, and peace and comfort along the way. May he bring healing that brings resolution to all your physical worries and grant you health. Lord have mercy! :pray:

Upvote 0

MauiMamma

*Pray without ceasing* ... 1 Thess. 5:16-18
Aug 8, 2006
Valencia, California
✟29,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Praying you get the medical attention that you need ASAP and that your pain is alleviated and you have comfort and full healing. Praying for peace of mind and God’s comfort as well. In Jesus’ name, amen.

Upvote 0