Pray against this

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
When I clicked on the ad on HaAretz, my heart broke. American Jews asked to sign this letter to President Bush.

http://message.btvshalom.org/t-htz_300_gza

As concerned American Jews united in our unwavering support for Israel, we share your continuing vision of a just and secure resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict - Israel’s best option for long-term stability and security is two democratic states living securely side by side.

v

How can they call this unwavering support, its anti- Zionist!

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
This is not how a civilized people celebrates:

Chaos in Gaza as Arabs riot, loot, get shot, fire rockets, drown in sea

Excerpt:

Plans by Palestinian police to bar crowds from the settlements quickly disintegrated. Militant groups hoisted flags, fired wildly into the air and set abandoned synagogues ablaze. Further marring the day, Egyptian border guards shot and killed a Palestinian along the Gaza-Egypt border, and five Palestinians drowned off the Gaza coast, hospital officials said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
I am in the United States, but I support Israel
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
:(

There is something I'd like to address here in the forum, I'm not referring to the entirety of this thread or this thread alone, but perhaps we forget at times that we are called out to love our enemy no matter what they do to us? Easier said than done, it is probably one of the most difficult mitzvot to keep. Just want to put out a reminder that we (as Americans) have benefited greatly from a history where entire tribes of natives were whiped out to make room for us, blacks were beaten/enslaved and considered less than human and only allowed "equal rights" 40 years ago, greed and child labor made the economy prosper and big business is still the major way of life here. We have one of the highest divorce rates out of every society and "saving onself" for marriage doesn't mean much anymore...What a dillemma for a palestinian to become a believer, yet it happens, and it happens because someone loved that person before they ever became a believer. I'm not trying to take away the strife of the Jews in the holy land or anywhere else, but we already know that the land will be returned in full and restored. We more than anyone understand the consequences of those who go against Israel and what their fate is. :(

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
How did a thread about American Jews being asked to sign a letter to Bush to make sure the Gaza pull-out went through turn over to the "Palestinians" Salvation? :scratch: I am not denying that but , this thread was about turning Jew against Jew and asking them to go against G-ds word.

How influential do you think these signed letters ( I think there are 4 in all) ( from Israel) to the president are?

Upvote 0

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Zayit said:
How did a thread about American Jews being asked to sign a letter to Bush to make sure the Gaza pull-out went through turn over to the "Palestinians" Salvation?

Indeed.

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Well the reason for addressing it is because every once awhile I read a post in this forum that just seems so unloving and the use of a palestinian as a scapegoat for defining good and evil which really makes me lose faith and angry :(

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
By the way my whole blip was not to be about palestinian "salvation" rather that the americans in history treated people especially blacks and natives no differently than the palestinians have treated the jews. I find it strange to make allegiance to one's earthly nation and belong to political parties when this nation was aquired by means of more bad than good. Do unto others as you would have them do unto yourself. So to me calling palestinians uncivilized is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Woodsy

Returned From Afar.
Site Supporter
Jun 24, 2003
Pacific NW
✟35,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
whitneysyed said:
By the way my whole blip was not to be about palestinian "salvation" rather that the americans in history treated people especially blacks and natives no differently than the palestinians have treated the jews.

We blew up schoolbuses full of their children?

whitneysyed said:
I find it strange to make allegiance to one's earthly nation and belong to political parties when this nation was aquired by means of more bad than good.

If you say so. There is a difference between nations, and I vote for the good guys.

whitneysyed said:
Do unto others as you would have them do unto yourself.

Like give them money and land and goods and attempt to make peace with them when they keep killing your people?

whitneysyed said:
So to me calling palestinians uncivilized is like the pot calling the kettle black.

Good L-rd. :sick:

Upvote 0

Vaneeza Malkah

Baruch Hashem!
Aug 8, 2005
✟26,180.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
We blew up schoolbuses full of their children?

Much worse actually, the Americans destroyed entire nations of people, not to mention the devastating effects of slavery and that blacks were considered less than human, while using the Bible to justify it all the while.

If you say so. There is a difference between nations, and I vote for the good guys.

Oh you mean how for centuries the muslims treated their slaves as humans while the christian americans did not? Our current and many past presidents who belong to satanic secret societies? You mean the same nation that where 50% of married men commit adultary against their wives?

Like give them money and land and goods and attempt to make peace with them when they keep killing your people?

The saying is do unto others as you would have them do unto you, not as they've done unto you.

Good L-rd. :sick:

May I ask how many palestinian people do you know or have met? Well I've met quite a few and not one has been a terrorist, nor said a bad word against any jew. I guess this is not possible for you to believe, however I guess you haven't tried either.

Would it surprise you to know that half of my family is muslim? Do you even know what Syed means? hmm...probably not. I guess with your attitude you think that they're not worthy of "salvation". No wonder they don't want christianity, they see how people like you think of them and they know better.

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,108.44
Faith
Messianic
I have a Palistian neighbour who owns a restaurant, nice fellow, who minds his own business, enjoys life, and is good to talk to. Everyone is human first, religious next, and it is still up to the individual to reflect what they believe to be true. Grouping people and calling them names, good or bad, does not make the individual of that group so. I agree that blanket statements are never true.

Upvote 0