Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
anybody got more? I am having fun reading all of your pranks. :)
Here's a general purpose prank you can play on anyone. But if you don't know how to undo it properly...don't do it!

Take a screenshot of someone's Desktop. Then hide all their Desktop icons/shortcuts and move the Start bar so that it can't be seen. Then make the screen shot you took the Desktop background (right click and change the image in Display properties or whatever the equivalent is). It will look like their Desktop, but they won't be able to click on anything. At all! It'll all just be an image with nothing functioning. They will see the Start button, but won't be able to click it since it's hidden.
Even a restart won't do them any good.

I did that to my dad once. Oh, the reaction was classic!

Upvote 0

Trethsparr

Oct 24, 2011
✟7,638.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here's a general purpose prank you can play on anyone. But if you don't know how to undo it properly...don't do it!

Take a screenshot of someone's Desktop. Then hide all their Desktop icons/shortcuts and move the Start bar so that it can't be seen. Then make the screen shot you took the Desktop background (right click and change the image in Display properties or whatever the equivalent is). It will look like their Desktop, but they won't be able to click on anything. At all! It'll all just be an image with nothing functioning. They will see the Start button, but won't be able to click it since it's hidden.
Even a restart won't do them any good.

I did that to my dad once. Oh, the reaction was classic!

That's pretty fantastic. I'll have to try that on my husband sometime! He's a computer whiz, so it probably won't fool him for long, but hopefully he'll be confused for a few seconds. ;)

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
That's pretty fantastic. I'll have to try that on my husband sometime! He's a computer whiz, so it probably won't fool him for long, but hopefully he'll be confused for a few seconds. ;)
Another quick one is to unplug the mouse just enough that it stops working.

Upvote 0

SharonL

Senior Veteran
Oct 15, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟23,316.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My husband has a habit of saying 'I don't care' whenever I ask him a question - I'll say what do you want to eat - 'I don't care' - so a couple of times I tried to break him of that.

I said what do you want to eat ' I don't care' - I put 2 pieces of bread together and put it on a plate - he sat down and ate it and said - that was good - we should have it more often.

Another time I was going to paint the trim on the house because we had it up for sale - I said what color do you want - he said 'I don't care - I went and bought the most gosh awful bright green you have ever seen - I painted the trim - my neighbors came over and said what are you doing to us - I said don't worry - I'll change it back - he came home from work, walked in the house and said 'I see you painted the house' - nothing more - well the house sold that night - we drove by about 30 years later and that poor neighborhood still had that awful green on the house. I've never been able to get him. He's aways ahead of me.

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm resurrecting this thread because I finally got hubby! :D

On impulse, as we made a trip to Costco, he saw that they were selling crockpots, and he wanted one. It was a good price. We bought it, and took it home. Then as he checked his email on the computer, I unwrapped our purchase in the kitchen.

Included inside was a little mini-crock called the Little Dipper, a 16-ounce container for dips and sauces. A light bulb went on above my head. Little Dipper in my hand, I headed for the home office. To hubby , I said, "Look what was underneath all that packaging."

His chin hit the floor. "What? It's supposed to be a six-quart!"

And so it was, I explained to him before he could get seriously worked up. This was just a little accessory that came along with. No, we didn't get ripped off. But I'm glad I finally got him, because he practically never falls for these things. He smiled, and said, "OK, I'll give you the satisfaction on that one." His reward was a nice crockpotted roast beef for supper, when he came home from work that night.

ETA: SharonL, I just saw your post, and I was giggling all the way through it. Very, very funny.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Niffer

So...that just happened.
Aug 1, 2008
Ontario
✟20,246.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Oh my word, my husband and I can be just as bad as kids when it comes to pranks.

Though we're more into competitions.
A few of our top-rated ones were:

- Who can run through the snow-covered obstacle course in your barefeet the quickest.
- Who can stay awake the longest without the help of caffeine
- Who will give up first in our twister-style drinking game.

etc.

Every so often one of us will shout: "I CHALLENGE YOU!" and we figure out the parameters.

The last prank I pulled on him was the: "I can stick a plate to the ceiling" gag.
Fill a shallow bowl or plate with water, stand on chair to press it against the ceiling.
Inform the victim to grab a broom, using the handle, have them keep the bowl pressed to the ceiling.
While explaining that the suction from the water will effectively stick it to the ceiling.

Remove chair, and leave victim under bowl of water holding broom.
They can either get drenched and catch the bowl, or run and have it break.

...Made me laugh. ;) :p

Peace,
- Niffer

Upvote 0

LovebirdsFlying

My husband drew this cartoon of me.
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Aug 13, 2007
Washington (the state)
✟842,384.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to point out I was really quick to let him off the hook once he took the bait, and that he smiled.

I don't think pranks are funny if they hurt or anger someone.

Here's one that didn't work. On April Fool's Day I used the ctrl-alt-down technique to flip the computer screen image upside down, and waited for hubby's confusion when he went to get on the computer. It angered him. Reason being, we have the Sallman "head of Christ" portrait as our wallpaper, and hubby thought it was disrespectful to turn it upside down. Whoops. Didn't mean it like that, obviously.

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Oh my word, my husband and I can be just as bad as kids when it comes to pranks.

Though we're more into competitions.
A few of our top-rated ones were:

- Who can run through the snow-covered obstacle course in your barefeet the quickest.
- Who can stay awake the longest without the help of caffeine
- Who will give up first in our twister-style drinking game.

etc.

Every so often one of us will shout: "I CHALLENGE YOU!" and we figure out the parameters.

The last prank I pulled on him was the: "I can stick a plate to the ceiling" gag.
Fill a shallow bowl or plate with water, stand on chair to press it against the ceiling.
Inform the victim to grab a broom, using the handle, have them keep the bowl pressed to the ceiling.
While explaining that the suction from the water will effectively stick it to the ceiling.

Remove chair, and leave victim under bowl of water holding broom.
They can either get drenched and catch the bowl, or run and have it break.

...Made me laugh. ;) :p

Peace,
- Niffer
^_^

Upvote 0

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I want to point out I was really quick to let Mike off the hook once he took the bait, and that he smiled.

I don't think pranks are funny if they hurt or anger someone.

Here's one that didn't work. On April Fool's Day I used the ctrl-alt-down technique to flip the computer screen image upside down, and waited for hubby's confusion when he went to get on the computer. It angered him. Reason being, we have the Sallman "head of Christ" portrait as our wallpaper, and hubby thought it was disrespectful to turn it upside down. Whoops. Didn't mean it like that, obviously.
When Pranks Go Wrong: Volume I!
;)

Upvote 0

Feb 12, 2008
Georgia
✟9,365.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ok, So I know this is kinda an old thread but I have to share this with you guys. . . I can't stop laughing. . .

Tonight I came home for my 1hr lunch break. When I came in the front door my husband was sitting at the desk on the computer.

I called his name but he didn't respond. That's when I realized that he had earphones on. . . So me, being the opportunist that I am I decided that I would try to scare him. So I walked around the couch and slowly came up to his side and reached out and grabbed his shoulder. . .

BWAH HA HA HA HA . . . He jumped and screamed "AHHHHH" and I thought he was going to fall over backwards in the chair. . . The look on his face was priceless. . .

Just had to share. . .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THEIR FUTURE PRANKING.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
ok, So I know this is kinda an old thread but I have to share this with you guys. . . I can't stop laughing. . .

Tonight I came home for my 1hr lunch break. When I came in the front door my husband was sitting at the desk on the computer.

I called his name but he didn't respond. That's when I realized that he had earphones on. . . So me, being the opportunist that I am I decided that I would try to scare him. So I walked around the couch and slowly came up to his side and reached out and grabbed his shoulder. . .

BWAH HA HA HA HA . . . He jumped and screamed "AHHHHH" and I thought he was going to fall over backwards in the chair. . . The look on his face was priceless. . .

Just had to share. . .

GOOD LUCK TO ALL ON THEIR FUTURE PRANKING.
:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

JohnDB

May 16, 2007
nashville
✟53,921.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We had just finished watching a scary movie.

My DS and 15 years old thought that he could act tough as if it wasn't all that scary of a movie and that he was absolutely fine.

I as dad knew better.

so he was on his way to bed for the night...I was passing him in the hallway.

I grabbed his arm and said "the devil has you". kinda loud and rushed...

He squealed like a girl.

We still laugh so hard about that one.

Upvote 0

LinkH

Jun 19, 2006
✟43,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My wife and I don't make it a habit of pranking each other. She has acted really surprised while holding a pregnancy test. After a while, I learned her fake-surprised face. One time, she did the pregnancy test and was waiting on it. I grabbed it and held it up high where she couldn't reach it. I said I wanted to check it first. Was she ever eager to get that back. It was negative, though.

Once when we were dating, I dropped by her boarding house and left a note saying I had stopped by and she wasn't there, and we could go out to eat the next day. Then I hid. When she saw the note, she started crying because she thought she wasn't going to get to see me, so I felt really bad. I came out of hiding to comfort her and we went out to dinner.

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2012
✟8,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When my husband and I were engaged, I called him and told him I was having second thoughts about our upcoming marriage. He was so shook up and upset I had to let him in on the joke before he completely fell apart, lol!

And my hubby got me good quite a few years ago.... The kids are still talking about this one. He came down the stairs with the baby and pretended to slip and the baby went flying. I raced to catch him when I realized it was my daughters doll wrapped up in the baby blanket, the doll was exactly the same size as my son. I was so mad at my husband!!!! Just about threw my back out too trying to save my sons life!! Nope... I never did laugh at that prank.

Upvote 0