Praising God in Highschool!

Mar 28, 2011
✟7,614.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I just wanted to share something that happened in my class today that filled me with so much joy.

I am in a freshman AP class, and there is a sophomore named Luke taking just because he wanted to. He is incredibly smart and statistical and often gets in intellectual debates with the teacher.

Today, Luke was outraged because of the public school system, and wasn't afraid to let my teacher know. He was furious how schools were chosen for students all based off of taxes, and because lower income areas had less money to go towards education, the students were forced to attend substandard schools and thus continuing a cycle of poverty and ignorance. He believed every student should be given $8000 to be able to apply to any school of their choice.

Our teacher was explaining to Luke about how that has already been tried and won't work, but (and I don't exactly remember how it went) Luke said, "Why can't the government provide money to schools when they are providing millions of dollars to Planned Parenthood? Everyone knows what sex is, and they don't need to be providing money to the world's largest abortion clinic. They kill babies and that's wrong!"

Finally, after much arguing, the teacher asked Luke what he was trying to say, and Luke said, "I'm saying that if something doesn't change America is going to hell!"

I almost jumped out of my seat to praise the Lord! I go to a school where lesbians make out in the hall ways, students take drugs, and the school decided to build a DAYCARE rather than give us edible lunch to eat. Sometimes I feel like the only person in the school who feels so strongly against how America has become, and I genuinely thank God for people like Luke, who are able to speak up for what's right.