Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
December 22nd - O Rex Gentium, O King of all the nations

1000005976.jpg

O King of the nations, the ruler they long for, the cornerstone uniting all people: Come and save us all, whom You formed out of clay.

Isa 28:16-17 "Therefore thus saith the Lord GOD, Behold, I lay in Zion for a foundation a stone, a tried stone, a precious corner stone, a sure foundation: he that believeth shall not make haste. Judgment also will I lay to the line, and righteousness to the plummet: and the hail shall sweep away the refuge of lies, and the waters shall overflow the hiding place."

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel,
O come, Desire of nations,
bind In one the hearts of all mankind; Bid Thou our sad divisions cease, And be Thyself our King of Peace.

Rejoice! Rejoice! Emmanuel
Shall come to thee, O Israel!

Reactions: Hammster
Upvote 0

Daniel Martinovich

Friend
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2011
Southwest USA
Visit site
✟487,316.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Since you guys are doing timelines. I put this up on Twitter.
From the time of Moses on there are four ages the Bible talks about. It is not rocket science but the way it is obscured from the view of modern Christianity maybe says otherwise.

1. Old Covenant age: The age God pretty much exclusively operated his kingdom through Ancient Israel. Used it to write his word for us, bring the messiah, and made it the Normandy beach head for his long-planned invasion of planet earth by his invisible kingdom. It ended in 70 AD. Mat 24, Luke 21, Mark 13, most of the apostles’ letters plus about a chapter of Revelation and other OT end time prophecies are about this.

2. Second Covenant age. When Jesus came and it was time to invade planet earth with his kingdom through the preaching of the gospel to all nations. It has no prophesied end.

3. The age of the four gentile empires. EXPLICITLY prophesied about in Daniel chapters 2&7 and Revelation. Started in 597 BC when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea. Ended in 1453 AD when the Roman Empire fell. It has its own body of end time prophecy. Jesus called this the age of the gentiles where both the natural city of Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem, God’s people of all nations would be trampled underfoot by the heathen. Really an age of oppression everywhere of real believers who were mostly underground. I have to mention that IT BLOWS MY MIND that this is not universally recognized as a specific age by all Christian teaching. But it is what it is.

4. Finally, the promised age. The time it was prophesied to come was when the Roman empire ended in 1453 AD. It has around 100 chapters of prophecy and promise regarding it. Those chapters of prophecy are to be the focus of our faith in this present age that also has no prophesied end. They are prophecies of billions coming to Christ and a growing free world where all the earthly promises of God made to a hundred generations of saints, unfulfilled in their generations, could finally start coming to pass in this growing free world pioneered by Christians. Those earthly promises could not be fulfilled in that age of oppression. Things got even worse for true believers once Jesus came, not better like they are now for 100’s of millions. The catalyst that brought this about was the Bible (illegally) making its way into the hands of the general public which among many other things empowered them to start winning the wars of extermination against them. That started to happen immediately after the fall of the 4th empire, What a fight it has been over this last 570 years.

Here is the timeline on this. Daniel 7 prophesies about 10 emperors of the Roman Empire, then an 11th who makes war of the saints and overcomes them for a time, two times and a half time. This number is repeated 5 times concerning the Roman Empire in the book of Revelation 13:5, 12:6,14 &11:1,3 as 1260, 42 months and times, two times and a half time. Turns out it is the number of years from the beginning of this 11th emperors reign till the end of the empire. Simply subtract 1260 years from 1453 AD and you get 193 AD. The beginning of the reign of Septimius Severus who fulfilled what Daniel 7 says about him precisely. That tells you who the ten emperors were that preceded him. But you can also start from 597 BC to see this.

In Revelation we have a prophecy of the Roman Empire splitting into an eastern and western branch, It is illustrated as a lamb with two horns. The two horns illustrate the split. The lamb illustrates the empires claims of Christianity, and it speaking the words of the dragon illustrating the devil is self explanatory. It has an infamous number. 666. That was the number of years from the beginning of the age of the four gentile empires when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea 597 AD, until Titus the prince of Daniel 9:26-27 destroys Jerusalem in 70 AD. There is no year -0-. making it 666 years. The next ten emperors after Titus are the same ten in Daniel and Revelation. The Bible is God's supernatural book. You cannot fake these kinds of numbers thousands of years in advance and come within 100's of years, much less the exact years. But then to tell us of a growing free world that never existed before and the billions coming to Christ. Wow!

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
In Revelation we have a prophecy of the Roman Empire splitting into an eastern and western branch, It is illustrated as a lamb with two horns. The two horns illustrate the split. The lamb illustrates the empires claims of Christianity, and it speaking the words of the dragon illustrating the devil is self explanatory. It has an infamous number. 666. That was the number of years from the beginning of the age of the four gentile empires when Nebuchadnezzar conquered Judea 597 AD, until Titus the prince of Daniel 9:26-27 destroys Jerusalem in 70 AD. There is no year -0-. making it 666 years. The next ten emperors after Titus are the same ten in Daniel and Revelation. The Bible is God's supernatural book. You cannot fake these kinds of numbers thousands of years in advance and come within 100's of years, much less the exact years. But then to tell us of a growing free world that never existed before and the billions coming to Christ. Wow!

I salute you for recognizing that the 666 calculated number applied to a certain period of years. Luther thought the same thing, only he mistakenly applied it to the lifespan of the Catholic church (as he supposed it would end after 666 years).

You've got a few things mixed up here, though, in regard to the 666 number. The 666 number was not the number of the Land Beast in Rev. 13, but was instead the calculated number of the Sea Beast. With its combined features of lion, bear, and leopard, this Rev. 13 Sea Beast had first originated with Nebuchadnezzar (the lion empire), as you mentioned above. But you have the wrong origination year. It was Nebuchadnezzar's first deportation of Jerusalem's nobility (including Daniel) in 607 BC which began this 666-year calculated number.

As of the time John was writing Revelation somewhere between late AD 59 and early AD 60, his readers were to count backward in time those 666 years, and they would arrive at the 607 BC year when Nebuchadnezzar first deported their people from Jerusalem. It was a humiliating episode in Jerusalem's history that would have been readily called to mind by John's readers.

So this 666 number of years not only identifies the ancient history of the Sea Beast with all its 4 pagan world empires that held control over Israel, it also dates the book of Revelation's composition between AD 59 and AD 60. There is no way it could be written any later than that because of the AD 60 Laodicean earthquake which destroyed the city. God said of the Laodicean church that he was "about to spue thee out of my mouth". In AD 60 in the immediate future of John writing Revelation, God did just that with the AD 60 Laodicean earthquake.

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
JM, I listened carefully to the whole sermon above and I’ve got to say…this gentleman is so mixed up it’s pitiful. About the only thing he got right was in identifying the woman in Rev. 12 as OT Israel who brought forth Jesus the Messiah that ascended to God and His throne. The rest is a convoluted mess of misapplied scriptures and ignoring scripture’s time-relevant language.

Nobody should regard it as proof that the majority of early church history thought that the restrainer in 2 Thess. 2 was the Roman Empire. God does not take polls to prove His points by the majority’s opinion.

This pastor has misunderstood who the ancient Antichrist and his restrainer were that both lived and died in the first century, and has instead turned them into a prediction for our own future. “He who NOW restrains” in Paul’s days was a man taken out of the way in the first century by that single Antichrist individual man. Both men died back in AD 66.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
JM, I listened carefully to the whole sermon above and I’ve got to say…this gentleman is so mixed up it’s pitiful. About the only thing he got right was in identifying the woman in Rev. 12 as OT Israel who brought forth Jesus the Messiah that ascended to God and His throne. The rest is a convoluted mess of misapplied scriptures and ignoring scripture’s time-relevant language.

Nobody should regard it as proof that the majority of early church history thought that the restrainer in 2 Thess. 2 was the Roman Empire. God does not take polls to prove His points by the majority’s opinion.

This pastor has misunderstood who the ancient Antichrist and his restrainer were that both lived and died in the first century, and has instead turned them into a prediction for our own future. “He who NOW restrains” in Paul’s days was a man taken out of the way in the first century by that single Antichrist individual man. Both men died back in AD 66.
I believe you are mixed up and pitiful especially for calling a man of God pitiful. Your posts are nearly unintelligible.

1709657783406.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
I believe you are mixed up and pitiful especially for calling a man of God pitiful. Your posts are nearly unintelligible.

This is taking a dog by the ears, here, I suppose, but what is a "man of God" as you use the term here?

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
This is taking a dog by the ears, here, I suppose, but what is a "man of God" as you use the term here?
A man called by his congregation to be ordained, a man educated in the faith, called by a congregation to serve as a minister of reconciliation and a man who has suffered varies trials for the faith. I've followed his ministry for over a decade. He is faithful.

I think he often talks like a zen master but he always hits his mark if you can follow hi allusions. Not everyone can, he thinks too quickly, his references are solid, but if you are not familiar with the topic he is discussing you may miss his point.

Upvote 0

Mark Quayle

Monergist; and by reputation, Reformed Calvinist
Site Supporter
May 28, 2018
Pennsylvania
✟793,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Widowed
A man called by his congregation to be ordained, a man educated in the faith, called by a congregation to serve as a minister of reconciliation and a man who has suffered varies trials for the faith. I've followed his ministry for over a decade. He is faithful.

I think he often talks like a zen master but he always hits his mark if you can follow hi allusions. Not everyone can, he thinks too quickly, his references are solid, but if you are not familiar with the topic he is discussing you may miss his point.
You didn't really answer my question. I didn't mean to ask what qualifies one to be called "a man of God" but, what is meant by "man of God". Is it the same thing as "man of God" as used in the Old Testament concerning a prophet?

Personally, I believe in giving credit where it is due, but I don't show any particular deference or respect to someone just because they are, for example, a pastor or preacher. They are all men, just like me. I respect and admire, even trust, to a large degree, RC Sproul's (now dead) insight, logic and mind, but I don't call him a man of God. My father was, in my unbiased (haha!) view, the best man I ever knew, and the most faithful, but I never called him a man of God.

Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟748,657.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
You didn't really answer my question. I didn't mean to ask what qualifies one to be called "a man of God" but, what is meant by "man of God". Is it the same thing as "man of God" as used in the Old Testament concerning a prophet?

Personally, I believe in giving credit where it is due, but I don't show any particular deference or respect to someone just because they are, for example, a pastor or preacher. They are all men, just like me. I respect and admire, even trust, to a large degree, RC Sproul's (now dead) insight, logic and mind, but I don't call him a man of God. My father was, in my unbiased (haha!) view, the best man I ever knew, and the most faithful, but I never called him a man of God.
I understand that, very Baptist.

I think we should, "Let the elders who rule well be considered worthy of double honor, especially those who labor in preaching and teaching." Not because they are more special or a special class of men but because they are called by God for a task and have massive targets on their backs. Not all are able to make a living from the Gospel (1 Cor. 9:14; 1 Tim. 5:18) demonstrating a difference between a layman and one called. When you ask if I use the term 'man of God' in the OT testament sense I would say I use it in the same manner the NT does, the way the old Puritans did, see also The Art of Prophesying by Perkins. (Matt. 10:41-42).

"There are two parts to prophecy: preaching the Word and public prayer. For the prophet (that is, the minister of the Word) has only two duties."​

We are called to, "Remember your leaders, those who spoke to you the word of God. Consider the outcome of their way of life, and imitate their faith." Why? They are minister of reconciliation, who "blessing will be enriched, and one who waters will himself be watered." We need to keep our Pastors in prayer and defend the honest, trustworthy and faith men because, "Not many of you should become teachers, my brothers, for you know that we who teach will be judged with greater strictness." A Pastor by definition is a spiritual overseer, one in authority over others, and I have never heard of a "shepherd" that did not have authority over his sheep...at least not a good one.

Got to run! Peace.

jm

Upvote 0

3 Resurrections

That's 666 YEARS, folks
Aug 21, 2021
Taylors
✟84,620.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I believe you are mistaking my critique of the man's message for an attack on the man himself. These are not the same thing.

The role of overseer of a congregation is not in question here, nor is this gentleman's character and integrity, but specifically the content of this particular message. To listen to such confusion on this topic is painful to hear.

The phrase "he who NOW restrains" in 2 Thess. 2:7 is a clear message that the restrainer was then alive in Paul's days, and actively preventing the already-existing Antichrist / Man of Lawlessness from being able to come into power. That means both the restrainer and the Antichrist / Man of Lawlessness were already in existence in the first century as Paul was writing, and in the natural course of a man's lifetime, they both died within that first-century generation.

This pastor at the very last minute of his message finally got around to 1 John 2:18 where John stated that many antichrists had already gone out from among the fellowship of the believers. The single Antichrist that John's audience had heard about who was to come into power would arise from among those first-century antichrist individuals.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.