Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
In fact, if we fully understood the new covenant, we would know that God requires even more of us under the new covenant, than He ever did under the old covenant and under the Law of Moses.
I don't think that many here don't realize that but most come from a "Christian background" that said that Torah was dead, so many seem to be over zealous in studying the Torah, but how can you even understand, truely understand anything in the Chadasha if you dont' understand and put into practice ( what you can) of the Torah to begin with?

Yes indeed, Yeshua did not do away with Torah, he came to bring life to it, to put the spirit and mercy in it so we would know true Life from the dead!

Reactions: Snow Angel
Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
yod said:
Maybe that would be a good thread topic? What does "in" Messiah mean to you? Is it a laundry list of "dos" and "don'ts" ?

Nah, it's a relationship filled with (but not limited to) "GET to CHOOSE tos", and "ABLE to choose not tos" ;)

Upvote 0

yod

the wandering goy
Sep 6, 2003
Dallas, TX
Visit site
✟1,749.00
Faith
Messianic
Zayit said:
I don't think that many here don't realize that but most come from a "Christian background" that said that Torah was dead, so many seem to be over zealous in studying the Torah, but how can you even understand, truely understand anything in the Chadasha if you dont' understand and put into practice ( what you can) of the Torah to begin with?

Yes indeed, Yeshua did not do away with Torah, he came to bring life to it, to put the spirit and mercy in it so we would know true Life from the dead!

that reminds me of my favorite line from "Cool Hand luke"

"What we have here is a failure to communictate"

It seems hard to reconcile the differences between cultural chrisianity and some forms of MJism because Paul's teachings in Hebrews (especially but not limited to..) do not say that the Law is dead...... but he does say that we are dead to the law.

Does anyone want to explain what that means?

hey Yhudah...do you know Doc Seif?

Upvote 0

Sephania

Jan 7, 2004
✟16,387.00
do not say that the Law is dead...... but he does say that we are dead to the law.
Does anyone want to explain what that means?

Dead to the penalties. If we are dead to the law it means that the law still exists but what ( the law) used to show us as sinners death by it ( because we tresspassed the laws) now shows us life. Our trespasses against it which incur a penalty ( death) have been "extracted" from the one who made us and loved us so much that he would do this to reconcile us back to him.

The law still exists and it is death to those who disobey it who are not found in Yeshua, who have not taken that gift freely and lovingly given, but for those who have, the laws do not have that "power" over them any longer, yet they are still there to lead them into life.

The breaking of the laws is what lead to death, not following them. This seems to always be the mis-understanding about the ways of G-d. His laws are NOT at fault , it is us, or rather the sin in us.

Reactions: Henaynei
Upvote 0

Yhudah

Oct 24, 2004
Dallas, Texas
✟287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yod wrote:

hey Yhudah...do you know Doc Seif?

My Response:

The name seems to ring a bell, but I am unable to assoicate the name with a face or any thing.

Does this have any thing to do with the congregation in Tel-Aviv your mentioned?

If it does, I really don't know any one personally who is a member of the congregation. Only I know of Ari & Shira's ministry in Israel, and I have known they have lead small congregations there over a period of many years.

I believe they are dear people, who truly love the Lord.

I have had the good pleasure of having spoken with them on a few occasions over the years.

By the way, in being you mentioned it.

Who is Doc Seif?

Shabbat Shalom.

Upvote 0

Avodah

Mar 6, 2005
Southwest Missouri
✟15,210.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Zayit said:
Dead to the penalties. If we are dead to the law it means that the law still exists but what ( the law) used to show us as sinners death by it ( because we tresspassed the laws) now shows us life. Our trespasses against it which incur a penalty ( death) have been "extracted" from the one who made us and loved us so much that he would do this to reconcile us back to him.

The law still exists and it is death to those who disobey it who are not found in Yeshua, who have not taken that gift freely and lovingly given, but for those who have, the laws do not have that "power" over them any longer, yet they are still there to lead them into life.

The breaking of the laws is what lead to death, not following them. This seems to always be the mis-understanding about the ways of G-d. His laws are NOT at fault , it is us, or rather the sin in us.

Well put, Zayit!!!:thumbsup: Thanks!!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yhudah

Oct 24, 2004
Dallas, Texas
✟287.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yod wrote:

Yhudah...doc Seif is a messianic jew who is the Dean of Languages and Old Testament studies at CFNI.

I thought you might have gone there by your reference to Chira Lindsey.

My Response:

Oh, now I know who you were speaking of, but no, I did not attend there.

However, I have visited there, and have known many who had received their trainning for ministry there. I am aquainted a brother who is a Messianic Jew, who attended there many years ago, named Dick Reuben who is a strong, strong preacher. However, by definitions of what Messianic is in this forum, perhaps some here wouldn't consider him as being Messianic.

Here's his website!

Check it out! Perhaps, you may find it very interesting.

http://www.dickreuben.org/

Upvote 0

Avodah

Mar 6, 2005
Southwest Missouri
✟15,210.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yhudah said:
Yod wrote:

Yhudah...doc Seif is a messianic jew who is the Dean of Languages and Old Testament studies at CFNI.

I thought you might have gone there by your reference to Chira Lindsey.

My Response:

Oh, now I know who you were speaking of, but no, I did not attend there.

However, I have visited there, and have known many who had received their trainning for ministry there. I am aquainted a brother who is a Messianic Jew, who attended there many years ago, named Dick Reuben who is a strong, strong preacher. However, by definitions of what Messianic is in this forum, perhaps some here wouldn't consider him as being Messianic.

Here's his website!

Check it out! Perhaps, you may find it very interesting.

http://www.dickreuben.org/

Hey!! I know Dick Reuben!! :wave: You're not kidding, he is a very strong preacher. He used to be with "Rock Of Israel" ministries back in the early to mid nineties.

He spoke at a local Prophecy Club meeting back in '93. The Prophecy club is run by David Allen Lewis who is the father of Rebecca Brimmer of "Bridges For Peace Ministries in Israel. I thoroughly enjoyed his teachings! He taught on the High Priest's Garments, and was very edifying and refreshing! :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Beth-el girl

Feb 4, 2005
ohio
✟437.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For every creature of God is good, and nothing is to be refused if it is received thanksgiving;
for it is to be sanctified by the word of God and prayer.

People misinterpret this because they want to for their own selfish desires of eating what they want. I can't believe I ever ate that stuff.

(but that's not what I was talking about, but they will never enhance the spiritual walk of believers. That's the point I was trying to make.)

I do disagree here because for me it does. It teaches me God loves me so much he wants me to be as healthy as I can. It tells me he provided for everything including cleaners.

Quote: Originally Posted by: yod
Here's a good example of how eating a scavenger can harm you;

If there is ever a nuclear holocaust, only the totally kosher person will survive because all non-kosher animals will carry radioactivity in their flesh.

I never knew that.

God is good and he loves us so much he wants us to be healthy and it's sad so many don't take that gift.
I am now but I wish my parents would have known.

Upvote 0

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟576,501.44
Faith
Messianic
If there is ever a nuclear holocaust, only the totally kosher person will survive because all non-kosher animals will carry radioactivity in their flesh.
Totally kosher in that they have no free radicals to attract the radioactivity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

P_G

Pastor - ד ע ה - The Lunch Lady
Dec 13, 2003
North East Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟13,348.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
I struggle so much with the kosher thing

Oh I work on keeping at least biblically kosher
but then I will eat say some turkey and be told it's not kosher
either because it was not butchered right nor did it have the right
supervision from barnyard to plate.

Even as it is I stumble Bonnie gave me a shrimp the other day and I
ate it without thinking.

I am a horrible sinner and surely destinated for the firey pits of hell. I wish I really wish there was some kind of way I could be saved from these sins. But alas I am likely eternally lost.

PG

Upvote 0

ShirChadash

A Jew, by the grace and love of God. Come home!
Oct 31, 2003
Visit site
✟22,943.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Nehemiah_Center said:

ate it without thinking.

I am a horrible sinner and surely destinated for the firey pits of hell. I wish I really wish there was some kind of way I could be saved from these sins. But alas I am likely eternally lost.

PG

Do you really think that, george?

Upvote 0

Avodah

Mar 6, 2005
Southwest Missouri
✟15,210.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Nehemiah_Center said:

ate it without thinking.

PG

Can I assume this is sarcasm?

Upvote 0