Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I just saw his solemn visit to the Anglican Shrine on the TV. Simple visits like this mean so much in settings like Africa where reminders of what unites Christians far outweighs what divides them means so much...

Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
I just saw his solemn visit to the Anglican Shrine on the TV. Simple visits like this mean so much in settings like Africa where reminders of what unites Christians far outweighs what divides them means so much...
I agree , Pete .

Anglican and Catholic martyrs united in death for believing in the one Lord .

Pope Francis spoke about an "ecumenism of blood" during the Mass following this visit to the Anglican shrine .

What a disservice is done to the memory of such martyrs when Christians indulge in petty squabbles .

Upvote 0

S.ilvio

Jul 16, 2011
Dublin
✟342,132.00
Country
Ireland
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I agree , Pete .

Anglican and Catholic martyrs united in death for believing in the one Lord .

Pope Francis spoke about an "ecumenism of blood" during the Mass following this visit to the Anglican shrine .

What a disservice is done to the memory of such martyrs when Christians indulge in petty squabbles .
So true. I see Pope Francis will be in the CAF today. Going where most Western politicians fear to venture...

Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
So true. I see Pope Francis will be in the CAF today. Going where most Western politicians fear to venture...
Yes , he's arrived there .

I was listening to the BBC news on the radio this morning . There is concern about the Pope's safety , but apparently he has said that he would arrive by parachute if necessary .

Pope Francis visits the Refugee Camp of the St. Sauveur Parish of Bangui in the CAF.....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Colin

Senior Veteran
Jun 9, 2010
✟122,403.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK - SNP
Started on Nov 29, 2015
Holy Mass with Priests, Men and Women Religious, Catechists and young people gathered in the Cathedral of Bangui and opening of the Holy Door. At the end of the Mass, the Holy Father administers the Sacrament of Reconciliation to some young people and participates in the Prayer Vigil in the esplanade in front of the Cathedral.......

Upvote 0