Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sounds like the pope is using the loaded statement approach...sounds like he's been studying US political tactics ;)

It's no different than people who imply that you're racist if you don't agree with them on the outcome of a police brutality case.

Upvote 0

HannahT

Site Supporter
Apr 9, 2013
✟459,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sounds like the pope is using the loaded statement approach...sounds like he's been studying US political tactics ;)

It's no different than people who imply that you're racist if you don't agree with them on the outcome of a police brutality case.

Ain't that the truth!

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Israel and Palestine both have a right to exist. Palestine was promised by britain its sovereignty and many if not most Israelis had nothing to do with the initial settlement.
Yes, Britain guaranteed Israel the right to exist in the Balfour declaration, as did the UN declaration. But remember too that 1. Israelis bought most of their land from Palestinians and 2. That Israel fought for its right to exist in its War of Independence as well as subsequent wars of self defense.

Reactions: NightHawkeye
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yes, Britain guaranteed Israel the right to exist in the Balfour declaration, as did the UN declaration. But remember too that 1. Israelis bought most of their land from Palestinians and 2. That Israel fought for its right to exist in its War of Independence as well as subsequent wars of self defense.

That declaration was a betrayal to the Palestinians. You shouldn't promise the land to one people and then another like that.

The saddest thing is why Britain, the US and so many others supported Israel's creation: They didn't want the Jewish people coming to their countries.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
The greatest state in the Union: Ohio
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
That declaration was a betrayal to the Palestinians. You shouldn't promise the land to one people and then another like that.

The saddest thing is why Britain, the US and so many others supported Israel's creation: They didn't want the Jewish people coming to their countries.
I have had that theory myself. What strengthens the theory is the infamous and illfated journey of the MS St. Louis. Cuba rejected them, the U.S. tried to persuade Cuba, but didn't bother to take the jewish payload themselves thanks to immigration policies they didn't bother to waiver or overlook. Canada said no as well thanks to jew hate. I don't think anybody saw those 937 refugees every again when they returned to Europe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
How? The Palestinians were going to get their own state as well.
Because it was going to be their state entirely until boatloads of Jewish people showed up, many illegally.

Not that I really blame them given their previous environments, but it is reasonably for the people who were told they would have their own country not to suddenly be told "LOL, just kidding you gotta split it with these folks" to be a bit disgruntled, to say the least.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Because it was going to be their state entirely until boatloads of Jewish people showed up, many illegally.
You have your history incorrect. The Jews that lived in Israel by the time of the Balfour declaration weren't there illegally, and most had purchased land quite legally from the Arabs that lived there. Oh, and there were no such thing as Palestinians yet.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
You have your history incorrect. The Jews that lived in Israel by the time of the Balfour declaration weren't there illegally, and most had purchased land quite legally from the Arabs that lived there. Oh, and there were no such thing as Palestinians yet.

Maybe the anger is over the promise to the Arabs they would have their own government, but they granted that to a minority to the area, maybe. I don't know the numbers of jews to arabs at the time. I could be wrong, just an idea.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe the anger is over the promise to the Arabs they would have their own government, but they granted that to a minority to the area, maybe. I don't know the numbers of jews to arabs at the time. I could be wrong, just an idea.
Hey the whole Balfour declaration was reneged on. The Jews didn't get our land either. Even when the UN declared it a state, we still had to fight for independence.

Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hey the whole Balfour declaration was reneged on. The Jews didn't get our land either. Even when the UN declared it a state, we still had to fight for independence.

From the British?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

ChristsSoldier115

Mabaho na Kuya
Jul 30, 2013
✟26,502.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Oh puhleeze, you can't be that ignorant.
Well I'm sorry, I don't specialize in Middle Eastern history or politics. I guess your answer is to "look it up yourself." I'll read up on it later and give a more valid opinion then.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
Upvote 0

Vylo

Stick with the King!
Aug 3, 2003
New Jersey
✟203,465.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
This was after the balfour declaration, and there was Palestinians well before that.

Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
This was after the balfour declaration, and there was Palestinians well before that.
At the time of the Balfour declaration, they were called Arabs, not Palestinians. And the Jews of that time were living on land they had legitimately bought from Arab landowners (who were largely absentee). This is the second time I've stated this. Hopefully it has been communicated without confusion this time.

Upvote 0