✟68,185.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Link:

Pope Francis: God will judge people on care for the poor, for the planet | National Catholic Reporter

Excerpt:

Pope Francis told the delegates, "We ought to set the table for all and ask that there be a table for all."

Citing Jesus' explanation of the final judgment in the Gospel of Matthew, which includes the line, "For I was hungry and you gave me food," the pope said, "we must do what we can so that everyone has something to eat. But we must also remind the powerful of the earth that God will call them to judgment one day, and it will be seen if they truly tried to provide food for him in every person, and if they worked so that the environment would not be destroyed, but could produce this food."

mark46

Site Supporter
Jan 29, 2010
✟839,413.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Amen.

The issue of income inequality is of tremendous importance to the pope. Obviously, the condition of the poor is paramount. If the weak are indeed being provided for, the issue of inequality is much less of an issue, at least IMHO.

Upvote 0

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟472,961.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
i wish everyone would spend there wealth on the poor , Jesus didnt have money he was poor yet he shared with everyone
we live in a world where there is greed
People and Government who have money make thing worse for those who are poor the new British government is going to make things very hard for the sick , disabled and poor
there are other government that oppresses there people God will judge them I know i must do my own bit to help the poor and so should everyone else

Upvote 0