Pope’s Directive on Same-Sex Blessings Emphasizes Persons, Not Unions, Theologians Say

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
What were/are you looking for in a forum, Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa? This Pope has brought a cross of many tears to many faithful Catholics - these last few years of his reign have been no "fun game" - pingpong or otherwise.
The “pimpong” expression pointed towards the rather tedious back and forth arguing that took place in OBOB for years. Popesplainers who, went ultramontanists only when pope Francis were elected, take the quasi- moral high ground, and the traditionalists whom would continue their effortless defence of Catholic orthodoxy. That is the pimpong game I referred to in my post.
Back and forth all day long…

There’s no doubt that this pontificate has been troublesome to a lot of us.
According to himself: He was only going to stick around for 5 years, remember?
Well it’s now been ten years counting…
Patience is indeed a virtue!

Upvote 0

JSRG

Apr 14, 2019
Midwest
✟161,101.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I’m old news to this forum, and just stopping by to check in with some old friends. This forum seems to have crashed hard in recent years. I thought it might’ve been a bit revitalized by the closure of CAF, but CF still seems so slow, at least the OBOB branch of the forums.
Does Anhelyna still post frequently at the board or is she gone too?
Good to se y’all in this thread, and I mean that sincerely, even you Jim :)
I kind of outed you on purpose as we’ve been in disagreement since 2010 or so
#CAF

Good to see you’re all alive and well. Is this board still a pimpong table of pro/anti Francis discussions in general?
For the record, someone did bring back the Catholic Answers Forums under another name, Catholic Questions:

The activity there is fairly low (though there is activity), probably because of the gap in time between CAF going down and this site going up... but even if one doesn't use it for discussion, it includes all of the older archived posts on CAF so at least they're available.

Upvote 0

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I honestly don't understand Pope Francis. So much of what he says is so confusing.
Ive tried to follow him and make sense of his theology, and it nearly killed my faith. Then I started to ignore him and eventually I came back to a pulsating spiritual life.
Clearly, I’m better off without his inputs. At least to me, his spiritual influence harm my spiritual hygiene to such extent that I should avoid him at all cost, which I do.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,116.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ive tried to follow him and make sense of his theology, and it nearly killed my faith. Then I started to ignore him and eventually I came back to a pulsating spiritual life.
Clearly, I’m better off without his inputs. At least to me, his spiritual influence harm my spiritual hygiene to such extent that I should avoid him at all cost, which I do.

I found your post very interesting. I relate.
I've deliberately not read his writings, since long before I reverted. (I attempted to read one, once.)
I instinctively knew they would be 'off' and did not want to allow the confusion into my mind.

Avoidance works best for me also.

Upvote 0

Iuxta Crucem Lacrimosa

Oct 15, 2023
Oslo
✟3,870.00
Country
Norway
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I found your post very interesting. I relate.
I've deliberately not read his writings, since long before I reverted. (I attempted to read one, once.)
I instinctively knew they would be 'off' and did not want to allow the confusion into my mind.

Avoidance works best for me also.
That says a lot about the current era of the church. Before any ultramonatists jump the gun: I don’t hate the pope nor do I particularly dislike the person currently inhabiting the Holy See. It’s just that I feel my faith being weakened every time I read something from the papal office, or the Vatican in general. It’s kind of like that stuff equals “near occasion of sin” to me.
It feels as if I’m Elisha prior to the opening of his eyes. All I see is the enemy surrounding the faithful, and they’re armed to the teeth.

As long as I don’t see the spirits of the angels and saints “combat ready” I should stick to my routines. Rosary, scriptural reading and mass. God knows that’s enough for me presently. And when I write “God knows” it’s not slang nor profanity.
God really knows where I’ve been spiritually, and that I need to sit at the feet of Christ, just like Mary did for the time being.

Upvote 0