[Poll] Window of opportunity?

tashibana27

Feb 8, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maybe this belongs in the relationship forum, but I feel more comfortable here. Anyway, here's the question:

Do you think there are "windows of opportunity" in asking someone out?

I say, YES. I severely regret not asking out this girl several months ago when I had the chance, but I kept on delaying with all these excuses. Eh, who knows, maybe I made the right decision (I think God said to wait, not sure though =P) but still, it hurts to think that I missed the boat, lost my chance.

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
I say YES also, but i also think that God would give a person plenty of time (usually) to make sure that they were going to ask the right person out, and not just have her like pass by one time at the mall or something, or even just be in ur area for a couple months.

I mean really- if a girl is only in ur area for like a couple months- and then she leaves to join the military or go back to Finland (or somewhere else far off), then it very well probably isnt supposed to be i think (not saying it couldnt). I mean, really. I dont think God would just give u a couple months to get to know someone before having to make a decision about whether they were the right one or not. thats not a lot of time at all. I personally would like to know any girl that i plan on marrying probably a good year before i make any decision to talk to her about getting together.

But Obviously, if u never ask any girl out in ur entire life when u did have the chance to marry, ur window of opp. just closed, lol. ;)

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Catholic... Faith, Hope and the greatest is LOVE
Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tashibana27 said:
Maybe this belongs in the relationship forum, but I feel more comfortable here. Anyway, here's the question:

Do you think there are "windows of opportunity" in asking someone out?

That is similar to the saying... beauty is in the "eye" of the "beholder".... I think in some ways we make our own windows of opportunities and then at times when it is truly God's will, he will show us a window of opportunity. I also believe that when it is at God's direction, the pieces all fit nicely together and flow correctly...

I say, YES. I severely regret not asking out this girl several months ago when I had the chance, but I kept on delaying with all these excuses. Eh, who knows, maybe I made the right decision (I think God said to wait, not sure though =P) but still, it hurts to think that I missed the boat, lost my chance.

It's difficult to say what you missed out on... one thing for sure, there is someone else out there for you... you won't miss the boat with her...

God's Peace,

Debbie

Upvote 0

tashibana27

Feb 8, 2005
✟15,200.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Just to clarify on how I missed the boat...

I met this girl in class, and I think she had a good first impression of me the second we met. We ended up in the same group for the final project, and we bonded really well through our teamwork. It was really cool because our team was floundering, so me & her met up on the side to work things out. I ended up being the facilitator/leader of the group, but she really was the one with all the creative ideas and put in a lot of effort too.

Anyway, we got to talking a lot outside of class ... anywhere up to 6hrs a day, everyday! I kept on delaying on asking her out though, because the timing never seemed good. She had finals and sounded really stressed, we were going to graduate and I didn't know if I had a job or not, ... I dunno, I was being dumb. Anyway, after we both graduated, she went home for a month, and all communication just kinda dropped. When she came back to NYC and started working, we only met up once a month or so... I think her interest just kinda dwindled and get lost somewhere in the past few months. So I guess what I meant by window of opportunity was just her level of interest.

Upvote 0

IDDQD

Nov 2, 2005
✟3,613.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Private
It's hard for me to explain if I believe in it or not, so I'm gonna try to give the best explanation I can. For those God has planned to have someone in their life, yes. Then again, I believe there's a select few of Earth's population that God has picked out to remain single the rest of their lives and I believe I fall into that category due to my beliefs, high standards, and so on.

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
tashibana27 said:
Just to clarify on how I missed the boat...

I met this girl in class, and I think she had a good first impression of me the second we met. We ended up in the same group for the final project, and we bonded really well through our teamwork. It was really cool because our team was floundering, so me & her met up on the side to work things out. I ended up being the facilitator/leader of the group, but she really was the one with all the creative ideas and put in a lot of effort too.

Anyway, we got to talking a lot outside of class ... anywhere up to 6hrs a day, everyday! I kept on delaying on asking her out though, because the timing never seemed good. She had finals and sounded really stressed, we were going to graduate and I didn't know if I had a job or not, ... I dunno, I was being dumb. Anyway, after we both graduated, she went home for a month, and all communication just kinda dropped. When she came back to NYC and started working, we only met up once a month or so... I think her interest just kinda dwindled and get lost somewhere in the past few months. So I guess what I meant by window of opportunity was just her level of interest.

Thanks for more information... If you have her phone number, which I think that you do.... call her up right now and ask her out to a movie and/or dinner. It may not be too late. You'll never know her answer unless you are willing to ask her... sometimes we have to take a risk... and if we get hurt... we pray and ask God to help us through it all, but we never give up and we never stop trying to reach out to others. Reach out to her... see what happens. One way or another... you will atleast know what is on her mind... What are you going to lose by trying? Give it a try.

Just my own stupid opinion...lol :)

Upvote 0

kerosam

Oct 15, 2005
Darwin
✟7,712.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
my 2 cents worth: if you are still interested, you should initiate... even if God has put this person for you to pursue, you still have to do your part. if you never ask, you'll never know.

and, weigh your risk, is it going to affect your work, family or different aspects of your life? an example would be the boss asking the secretary out... that would have huge risk.

what does anyone else think?

Upvote 0

D'Ann

Oct 28, 2004
✟72,336.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
kerosam said:
my 2 cents worth: if you are still interested, you should initiate... even if God has put this person for you to pursue, you still have to do your part. if you never ask, you'll never know.

and, weigh your risk, is it going to affect your work, family or different aspects of your life? an example would be the boss asking the secretary out... that would have huge risk.

I completely agree 100%. You are absolutely correct. I have a rule... never date bosses and co-workers and customers. Doing so can lead to a lot of headaches and complications.

Upvote 0

Balugon

o( ' . ' )o
Jul 18, 2005
The Looking Glass
✟32,114.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
kerosam said:

yea i think ur right, and i do think the original poster could still have a chance with this girl. She might just be very busy from work or something, and just getting settled back into NYC, so maybe a having a guy to talk to would even be a good thing, like she would want it, but is too tired or busy to go out and find one.

About the whole boss thing, yea. And just think, if u got in a fight at home, and then had to go work with that person all day, and then had to go and live together again that night. heh. That could make for some unpleasant work experiences.

Not to mention things like this: Wife- "Hi, hunny. How was ur day at work?"

U- "uhhh.. u were there."

Wife- "Oh... thats right."

heh. Working at different places can add a little more spice to ur lives also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums