POLL: Which of these elements of the creation story do you believe?

POLL: Which of the following do you accept?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
<Staff Edit> Here is the facts, all humans ever born, are nothing but a pipsqueak compared to Gods knowledge.

I believe the Universe is 13.7 Billion years old, I believe the first Day was 9.2 Billion years old, this former is proven through the WMAP/NASA Microwave mapping process. There is no proof of evolution, none, you can say there is until you are blue in the face, but even the best scientists say they can offer no evidence. I bet you you also rave about Multi-Verses, something that had to be "invented" because the odds of one universe popping into existence has astronomical mathematical odds, and is laughable. So they had to invent a bogus hypothesis. Facts be damned. Not to be dismayed by the facts, atheists have invented some metaphysical "science" that attempts to explain away the existence of God. Hence, most atheistic cosmologists believe that we see only the visible part of a much larger "multiverse" that randomly spews out universes with different physical parameters. Since there is no evidence supporting this idea (nor can there be, according to the laws of the universe), it is really just a substitute "god" for atheists. And, since this "god" is non-intelligent by definition, it requires a complex hypothesis, which would be ruled out if we use Occam's razor, which states that one should use the simplest logical explanation for any phenomenon. Purposeful intelligent design of the universe makes much more sense, especially based upon what we know about the design of the universe.

Do you even understand the degree of Fine Tuning required for the universe to come into existence ?

Fine tuning of the physical constants of the universe:
Parameter................................................................Max Deviation.
Ratio of Electronsrotons............................................ 1:1037
Ratio of Electromagnetic Force:Gravity........................... 1:1040
Expansion Rate of Universe ...........................................1:1055
Mass Density of Universe.............................................. 1:1059
Cosmological Constant .................................................1:10120

Degree of fine tuning

Recent Studies have confirmed the fine tuning of the cosmological constant (also known as "dark energy"). This cosmological constant is a force that increases with the increasing size of the universe. First hypothesized by Albert Einstein, the cosmological constant was rejected by him, because of lack of real world data. However, recent supernova 1A data demonstrated the existence of a cosmological constant that probably made up for the lack of light and dark matter in the universe. However, the data was tentative, since there was some variability among observations. Recent cosmic microwave background (CMB) measurement not only demonstrate the existence of the cosmological constant , but the value of the constant. It turns out that the value of the cosmological constant exactly makes up for the lack of matter in the universe.

The degree of fine-tuning is difficult to imagine. Dr. Hugh Ross gives an example of the least fine-tuned of the above four examples in his book, The Creator and the Cosmos:

One part in 10/37 is such an incredibly sensitive balance that it is hard to visualize. The following analogy might help: Cover the entire North American continent in dimes all the way up to the moon, a height of about 239,000 miles (In comparison, the money to pay for the U.S. federal government debt would cover one square mile less than two feet deep with dimes.). Next, pile dimes from here to the moon on a billion other continents the same size as North America. Paint one dime red and mix it into the billions of piles of dimes. Blindfold a friend and ask him to pick out one dime. The odds that he will pick the red dime are one in 10/37
The degree of fine-tuning is difficult to imagine. Dr. Hugh Ross gives an example of the least fine-tuned of the above four examples in his book, The Creator and the Cosmos:

The ripples in the universe from the original Big Bang event are detectable at one part in 100,000. If this factor were slightly smaller, the universe would exist only as a collection of gas - no planets, no life. If this factor were slightly larger, the universe would consist only of large black holes. Obviously, no life would be possible in such a universe.

Another finely tuned constant is the strong nuclear force (the force that holds atoms together). The Sun "burns" by fusing hydrogen (and higher elements) together. When the two hydrogen atoms fuse, 0.7% of the mass of the hydrogen is converted into energy. If the amount of matter converted were slightly smaller—0.6% instead of 0.7%— a proton could not bond to a neutron, and the universe would consist only of hydrogen. With no heavy elements, there would be no rocky planets and no life. If the amount of matter converted were slightly larger—0.8%, fusion would happen so readily and rapidly that no hydrogen would have survived from the Big Bang. Again, there would be no solar systems and no life. The number must lie exactly between 0.6% and 0.8% (Martin Rees, Just Six Numbers).

Anyone that can not see that there has been Fine Tuning of our universe is oblivious to facts. And there is but one universe. Or at least you can never prove this, so why even bother ? Oh, it is because the universe forming without a fine tuner is so laughable, they have to use the "multi-verse" theory.

The universe is the perfect size it needs t be, it couldn't be much smaller or much larger or it wouldn't exist. If we added one grain of sand at the beginning we would not exist, but of course the universe is just a lucky chance, even though it is a 25 trillion to one shot.

Universe size matters !
ir
Besides spiritual reasons, there are also physical constraints on the minimum (and maximum) mass of the universe. The universe could not have been much smaller than it is in order for nuclear fusion to have occurred during the first 3 minutes after the Big Bang. Without this brief period of nucleosynthesis, the early universe would have consisted entirely of hydrogen. Without helium (comprising ~24% of the matter in the universe), heavy element production in stars is not possible, so that no rocky planets would have ever existed in the entire history of the universe.

Likewise, the universe could not have been a much more massive than it is, or life would not have been possible. If the universe were just one part in 10/59 more massive, the universe would have collapsed before life was possible. Since there are only 10/80 baryons in the universe, this means that an addition of just 10/21 baryons (at 1.67x10−27 kg/baryon equals 1.7 mg of matter - equal to a grain of sand) would have made life impossible! The universe is exactly the size it must be for life to exist at all. (Richard Deem)

The odds of life forming on its own is even greater odds. Both must happen in one universe. Its hogwash.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Many Christians don't think Creationism is true. Do you think that makes them atheists?
That is obvious isn't it, you can not say there is no need for God, but there is a God, you can't say that God lied in his Holy book, He didn't really create the universe and really believe there is a God can you ?

I would be scared if I stated that the Holy book was a lie.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
That is obvious isn't it, you can not say there is no need for God, but there is a God, you can't say that God lied in his Holy book, He didn't really create the universe and really believe there is a God can you ?

I would be scared if I stated that the Holy book was a lie.
I believe God created the universe. The issue is obviously that we disagree about your interpretation of that book. If you have to believe that makes me an atheist, go right ahead--but don't expect me to be pleased to hear you tell me so.

Upvote 0

Revealing Times

Jun 15, 2016
Clanton Alabama
✟108,106.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I believe God created the universe. The issue is obviously that we disagree about your interpretation of that book. If you have to believe that makes me an atheist, go right ahead--but don't expect me to be pleased to hear you tell me so.
I believe any man that denies God created the universe and all that is therein is denying the God-head of God. Take it as you will.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I believe any man that denies God created the universe and all that is therein is denying the God-head of God. Take it as you will.
Good. I agree with you, but I still don't have an issue with the theory of evolution which in my view does not deny God's authorship of the universe.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Good. I agree with you, but I still don't have an issue with the theory of evolution which in my view does not deny God's authorship of the universe.

No, it just makes God and the writers of the bible all liars.

Reactions: JacksBratt
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Good. It's about time they got called on it.
I am not at all sure what you are saying. I have a feeling that you are suggesting that acceptance of God as creator is somehow diametrically opposed to acceptance of evolution. I don't accept that for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that I believe that truth comes in many forms, historic truth, scientific truth, emotional truth, spiritual truth, moral truth, mathematical truth, and whilst truth is truth, I find it is reasonable to accept the truth of Scripture, and still be able to accept the theory of evolution. Given the third law of thermodynamics, the evidence supporting evolution could reasonably be understood to support the understanding of an external contributor to the process of evolution, which I would understand to be God. I think accepting the notion that we are required to accept a version of literalism in receiving the biblical texts as true, is to fall for a straw man argument put forward by those who oppose the life of faith.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I am not at all sure what you are saying. I have a feeling that you are suggesting that acceptance of God as creator is somehow diametrically opposed to acceptance of creation. I don't accept that for a number of reasons. One of those reasons is that I believe that truth comes in many forms, historic truth, scientific truth, emotional truth, spiritual truth, moral truth, mathematical truth, and whilst truth is truth, I find it is reasonable to accept the truth of Scripture, and still be able to accept the theory of evolution. Given the third law of thermodynamics, the evidence supporting evolution could reasonably be understood to support the understanding of an external contributor to the process of evolution, which I would understand to be God. I think accepting the notion that we are required to accept a version of literalism in receiving the biblical texts as true, is to fall for a straw man argument put forward by those who oppose the life of faith.
What I am saying is that I am tired of arguments like pat34lee's version of the vicious and offensive "You're calling Christ a liar" line which YECs so love to use.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
However, the very thought of purposefulness is anathema to evolutionists. ‘Evolutionary adaptations never follow a purposeful program, they thus cannot be regarded as teleonomical.’5 Thus a belief system such as theistic evolution that marries purposefulness with non-purposefulness is a contradiction in terms.
You really ought to inform yourself better about what theistic evolutionists actually believe before you go spouting off to us about what that is. CRI is especially notorious for putting out misinformation about such things.

You YECs think you have the right to dictate to us what a Christian must believe, but you cannot dictate what it we do believe.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
You really ought to inform yourself better about what theistic evolutionists actually believe before you go spouting off to us about what that is. CRI is especially notorious for putting out misinformation about such things.

You YECs think you have the right to dictate to us what a Christian must believe, but you cannot dictate what it we do believe.
nobody dictates what anyone else believes...

Upvote 0

Paul of Eugene OR

Finally Old Enough
Site Supporter
May 3, 2014
✟256,002.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

But it is a regular occurrence to see what someone else believes to be explained in a mistaken way. And often the writer of the mistake continues to hold to that mistake even when corrected by the person who actually has the belief.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Then what was your point in cutting and pasting that nonsense about what theistic evolutionists believe?

This forum is limited to Christian participation, which means that it is pretty much YECs v. everybody else, and that "everybody else" covers a wide range of Christian beliefs, even though we are generally lumped together as "theistic evolutionists."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
What I am saying is that I am tired of arguments like pat34lee's version of the vicious and offensive "You're calling Christ a liar" line which YECs so love to use.

Vicious and offensive? Your whole premise is that science is correct
and the bible is either a work of fiction or written in code that only
makes sense if you believe science over the plain meaning of the bible.

You can believe what you want, but don't pretend that scripture backs
your case.

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Vicious and offensive? Your whole premise is that science is correct
makes sense if you believe science over God.

You can believe what you want, but don't pretend that scripture backs
your case.
Yes, vicious and offensive, and that intentional misstatement of what I believe is not very friendly, either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Then what was your point in cutting and pasting that nonsense about what theistic evolutionists believe?

This forum is limited to Christian participation, which means that it is pretty much YECs v. everybody else, and that "everybody else" covers a wide range of Christian beliefs, even though we are generally lumped together as "theistic evolutionists."
none of the information that I posted "dictated" what you should believe. "Dictating" would indicate that someone is mandating what you have to believe. The author of the information I posted is taking the concept of "theistic evolution" showing that the "belief" that found it are in error.

Let's take them one by one then. You can explain if it is your belief or not... Maybe this will help us understand where it is nonsense.

First point.

"Theistic Evolution" (TE) Does not acknowledge Adam as the first man, nor that he was created directly from ‘the dust of the ground’ by God.

Your view......

Second point.

Supporters of theistic evolution (and progressive creation) disregard the biblically given measures of time in favour of evolutionist time-scales involving billions of years both past and future

Your view........

Third point.

Theistic evolution ignores all such biblical creation principles and replaces them with evolutionary notions, thereby contradicting and opposing God’s omnipotent acts of creation. These being:

• God created matter without using any available material.
  • God created the earth first, and on the fourth day He added the moon, the solar system, our local galaxy, and all other star systems. This sequence conflicts with all ideas of ‘cosmic evolution’, such as the ‘big bang’ cosmology.
Your view.....

Fourth point.

‘Evolutionary adaptations never follow a purposeful program, they thus cannot be regarded as teleonomical.’5 Thus a belief system such as theistic evolution that marries purposefulness with non-purposefulness is a contradiction in terms.

This in regards to the following biblical purposes for man:

In no other historical book do we find so many and such valuable statements of purpose for man, as in the Bible. For example:

1. Man is God’s purpose in creation (Genesis 1:27-28).
  2. Man is the purpose of God’s plan of redemption (Isaiah 53:5).
  3. Man is the purpose of the mission of God’s Son (1 John 4:9).
  4. We are the purpose of God’s inheritance (Titus 3:7).
  5. Heaven is our destination (1 Peter 1:4).

Your view...

These do not "dictate" what your are to believe. They list and refute the common concepts of Theistic evolution by using our text, the bible. If you have a different outlook or view that these views please help me understand.

As far as I am concerned, the Bible has the last say. Human knowledge and wisdom is just that "human". The Bible is the truth from God.

Who are you going to believe? Are you going to build your house on a foundation of rock or a foundation of sand?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
"Theistic Evolution" (TE) Does not acknowledge Adam as the first man, nor that he was created directly from ‘the dust of the ground’ by God.
False. May theistic evolutionists, while accepting an ancient cosmos and the evolution of the lower creatures, require the special creation of man. Others maintain that there was a first man, a creature of God's evolutionary process who, as an individual, fell into sin and of whom "Adam" is an etiological symbol.

Supporters of theistic evolution (and progressive creation) disregard the biblically given measures of time in favour of evolutionist time-scales involving billions of years both past and future

The imaginings and assumptions of a 17th century Irish bishop are not the same thing as "biblically given."

Theistic evolution ignores all such biblical creation principles and replaces them with evolutionary notions, thereby contradicting and opposing God’s omnipotent acts of creation. These being:
  • God created matter without using any available material.
This one is interesting. Creation ex nihilo has been a basic tenet of Christian theology for nearly 2000 years. On what grounds do you base an accusation of apostasy on it?

‘Evolutionary adaptations never follow a purposeful program, they thus cannot be regarded as teleonomical.’5 Thus a belief system such as theistic evolution that marries purposefulness with non-purposefulness is a contradiction in terms.
This is either a bald-face lie or it reveals such a staggering ignorance of metaphysics as to take one's breath away. There is nothing in evolution by variation and natural selection which would constitute a barrier to divine telos. Indeed, very similar Markov processes based on random variation and selection are widely used in the electronics manufacturing industry and no one would accept that the products so manufactured are without purpose.

Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Yes, vicious and offensive, and that intentional misstatement of what I believe is not very friendly, either.

Is there any other way to explain how you treat Genesis 1, or any other scripture
which says the earth is not old?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Is there any other way to explain how you treat Genesis 1, or any other scripture
which says the earth is not old?
You posted,

"Your whole premise is that science is correct
makes sense if you believe science over the plain meaning of the bible."

To start with, nobody believes that the Bible in its entirety is a "work of fiction," not even secular Bible scholars, who are well aware that there is history to be found in it. Perhaps you accept the dichotomy that if the accurate literal historicity of any part of Genesis 1-11 is questioned it impeaches the entire Bible, as a consequence of your Bible doctrine. However, to impute that conclusion to someone who does not hold with your Bible doctrine, to accuse him of regarding the entirety of the Bible as fiction, requires a degree of naivete which I do not believe you to possess--or plain malice.

I am not at all sure what you mean about the Bible being in "code" or what your remark about science has to do with it. Of all the reasons not to believe that the Bible is the literal, inerrant perspicuous and self-interpreting product of plenary verbal inspiration, "science"(by which I suppose you to mean "evolution") is not even near the top of the list.

Upvote 0

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
To start with, nobody believes that the Bible in its entirety is a "work of fiction," not even secular Bible scholars, who are well aware that there is history to be found in it. Perhaps you accept the dichotomy that if the accurate literal historicity of any part of Genesis 1-11 is questioned it impeaches the entire Bible, as a consequence of your Bible doctrine. However, to impute that conclusion to someone who does not hold with your Bible doctrine, to accuse him of regarding the entirety of the Bible as fiction, requires a degree of naivete which I do not believe you to possess--or plain malice.

Lots of people believe the Bible to be a totally fictional creation of men.
However, myself, I believe that the word "all" in this scripture means "all". Thus, there is no fiction in the Holy Bible.

2 Timothy 3:16 - All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

I also believe that people who cannot fathom that the Genesis account is literal are influenced by the wisdom of men and not of the spirit, as described in this scripture:

1 Corinthians 2:14 - But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know [them], because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0