Police arrest Christian man who quoted Bible across the street from LGBT ‘Pride March’

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He was shouting Scripture at the people in the event. Although we don't agree with the LGBTQ ideology, he was disrupting an
event they had a permit for.

I did nothing more than anger people and why it was not conducive to the Gospel.
At an event in public not a private venue. I think it’s important when public displays of immorality are being displayed that we be the voice of opposition. People need to know where the community stands on these kinds of issues. Children bystanders need to know that this type of behavior is unacceptable. The man wasn’t shouting antagonistically he was shouting simply to be heard and he didn’t even get out one single verse before he was arrested He got out like 4 or 5 words before the officer arrested him. He wasn’t screaming at them he was talking only loud enough to be heard.

Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He was shouting Scripture at the people in the event. Although we don't agree with the LGBTQ ideology, he was disrupting an
event they had a permit for.

I did nothing more than anger people and why it was not conducive to the Gospel.
The police arresting that guy is showing children that he was in the wrong and that there’s nothing wrong with what homosexuals are doing. It’s the same thing the schools are teaching them. If we aren’t standing up and being a voice of opposition then the only standard they can observe is from the ungodly. We need to be standing up and saying hey we don’t want gay pride events in our community and in our schools. We don’t want our children to be taught that this type of behavior is fun and acceptable.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In-your-face religion never works.

It's unchristian to be disruptive even to those we disagree with. They had a permit, he didn't
and more likely than not, turned people away from Christ rather than help them find Him.
Jesus ran people out of the temple courtyard with a whip. That’s a lot more disruptive than preaching the gospel. And it’s not as if the guy was preaching like Steven Anderson, he was just preaching the word of God in a manner that could be heard but was not offensive. Not to mention that he had every right to do so and should probably file a lawsuit against the police department for wrongful arrest.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

God Cannot Be Grasped, Except Through Love
Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
At an event in public not a private venue. I think it’s important when public displays of immorality are being displayed that we be the voice of opposition. People need to know where the community stands on these kinds of issues. Children bystanders need to know that this type of behavior is unacceptable. The man wasn’t shouting antagonistically he was shouting simply to be heard and he didn’t even get out one single verse before he was arrested He got out like 4 or 5 words before the officer arrested him. He wasn’t screaming at them he was talking only loud enough to be heard.
So then by your standards it's OK if LGBTQ people hold protests outside of churches? It's the same type of disruption that
we want to the police to stop.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesus ran people out of the temple courtyard with a whip. That’s a lot more disruptive than preaching the gospel. And it’s not as if the guy was preaching like Steven Anderson, he was just preaching the word of God in a manner that could be heard but was not offensive. Not to mention that he had every right to do so and should probably file a lawsuit against the police department for wrongful arrest.
Understand why Jesus ran people out of the temple before you try and compare it to this guy's actions.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So then by your standards it's OK if LGBTQ people hold protests outside of churches? It's the same type of disruption that
They do and nobody does anything about it. And church sermons are a private event not a public event. The same standard is not being held for churches rights as it is for gay rights.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. You can choose to side with the ungodly if you want, I’ll side with the guy preaching the gospel to those who need to repent.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
They do and nobody does anything about it. And church sermons are a private event not a public event. The same standard is not being held for churches rights as it is for gay rights.
Actually, the cops will stop them. They have in my area.

Upvote 0

JimR-OCDS

Oct 28, 2008
The Kingdom of Heaven
Visit site
✟187,897.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Well you’re certainly entitled to your opinion. You can choose to side with the ungodly if you want, I’ll side with the guy preaching the gospel to those who need to repent.
I'm not taking the LGBTQ side here, you don't need to accuse me of that.

I'm stating that disrupting a legally held event which you disagree with, is wrong.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not taking the LGBTQ side here, you don't need to accuse me of that.

I'm stating that disrupting a legally held event which you disagree with, is wrong.
I apologize for that accusation. That was uncalled for and I am sincerely sorry for making that comment. You did say that you are opposed to homosexuality so I shouldn’t have said that you were taking their side. I do still feel that it is important that we have public displays of disapproval of such behavior and I think they should be in immediate response to public displays advocating homosexual behavior. I don’t think that it is something we should allow to be displayed without expressing approval right then & there. If we allow such events to take place and we say nothing during that time then we’re not confronting the problem.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,303.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Actually, the cops will stop them. They have in my area.
In my area we rarely have such events, however just a few weeks ago I did see a gay pride rally going on downtown and there were Christians there protesting it. Everyone was pretty much keeping to themselves. Christians were preaching the gospel and no one seemed to care. To my knowledge there were no incidents at the rally. And this is how I think it should be. They do their thing, we do our’s and nobody gets crazy and does anything stupid.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟442,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So here's the thing...
For the sake of the Precious Blood the Lord poured out because HIS great love for humans who are falling into temptations....
He gave His life for souls...
We need to ask the Lord to pour out His Spirit onto humanity so as to save the many.
For HIS sake.

When I say for HIS sake, it is His heart Who is so in love with all sinners.
And we, we ought to want to pray so as He is not grieved to His Sacred heart for these sinners.

'It is all' we can do and it is not insurmountable when done with love, trust and faith.

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
A rabbit hole lead me to this old thread. So many so called Christians would have been the Jews who took offense to Jesus preaching, making claims, and flipping tables, and would have proudly called for his arrest and death. Good luck on judgment day.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,361.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Would it be okay for Christians to hold protests across from railroad sidings where Jews are (legally) being loaded onto boxcars bound for extermination camps?

Asking for a friend.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
A rabbit hole lead me to this old thread. So many so called Christians would have been the Jews who took offense to Jesus preaching, making claims, and flipping tables, and would have proudly called for his arrest and death. Good luck on judgment day.
Amen!

• Prayers
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟834,458.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
We are not here to oppose LGBTQ rallies or marches. We are here to share the Gospel of Christ, and ambushing and buttonholing marching LGBTQ members is not the way to do it. We are better off leaving these people alone to continue doing their thing and putting our time and effort into sharing the Gospel in more neutral environments where people are more likely to stop and listen. Trying to waylay busy shoppers or commuters hurrying home from work at 5pm is not a good place or time to share the Gospel. A friend of mind set up a stall in a Saturday market and served coffee and cookies and shared the Gospel to those who stopped by. He had greater success in having people listen, even though he did not see tangible results. This is because there are sowers and reapers. He was a sower, and I know that others further down to track will reap what he has sown.

Upvote 0