Freedom
Jul 19, 2005
✟11,322.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Hello everybody,

Can you suggest orthodox websites in the russian language?
I would like to send them to a russian young lady who is orthodox but has been taught that God is a judgmental punisher.
What i am saying is i would like websites that talk of love and show the deeper meaning of Orthodoxy.

Thank you all!!

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I feel so honored to answer in this thread. I am someone who dislikes most religious websites (and will be the first to admit it) for many reasons including the exact reason you outlined above, but these are my personal favorites:

foma.ru
It is a site called Foma (Russian for Thomas, the Gospel doubter) which as oriented at Orthodox seekers, doubters etc. A very nice portal with audio materials, video materials, and articles.

www.kiev-orthodox.ru
Another thoughtful, friendly site called For Those Who Want to Believe Intelligently

predanie.ru
This site is an enormous, extensive (the most extensive online) Orthodox resource for books, audio and video materials. I recommend books by the late Fr. Alexander Men that are all found there. She can browse and choose films, books, sermons, church music.

I would greatly recommend that she reads books by the late Antoniy Surozhskiy (in Russian, of course), his works can be found at predanie.ru He became a great preacher and writer even though himself was an unbeliever in his youth. His sermon "On the Mystery of Love" is one of the most touching, beautiful things I've ever read on love. He explores both the love between God and man, and man and woman. He also has works on prayer, feasts and spiritual life - all worthy of reading. As far as I know, he ended his days in the United Kingdom.

Upvote 0

Annoula

Freedom
Jul 19, 2005
✟11,322.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Thank you people!

She is reluctant on getting involved with the church, that is why I would like to suggest specific small articles not about liturgy or Church affairs, but something like stories, saints etc.
I am not sure if i express correctly what i am trying to find.

The problem is i don't know russian so i can't check what i am going to suggest to her!

thanx again!!

Upvote 0

Mariya116

Dec 3, 2011
✟16,306.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Thank you people!

She is reluctant on getting involved with the church, that is why I would like to suggest specific small articles not about liturgy or Church affairs, but something like stories, saints etc.
I am not sure if i express correctly what i am trying to find.

The problem is i don't know russian so i can't check what i am going to suggest to her!

thanx again!!

She will find much of that at foma.ru Lots of stories, interviews, articles.

Me too, I find true stories more convincing than anything else.

Новомученики и исповедники российские (ХХ в.)
This site (not for those with weak nerves) describes the sufferings of some New Martyrs of the XXth century. Usually such accounts do not leave anyone unemotional. In one word - horror.

And I still recommend all of the above resources. I wouldn't recommend anything that would scare her away. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Fotina

Sep 17, 2004
✟1,217.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Upvote 0
Dec 22, 2010
✟1,424.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
You mean the late Fr. Daniel Sysoev?

Was he the priest that was killed a few years back? If so, there was this documentary of him traveling in another country (Macedonia maybe?) to help serve liturgies in house churches? Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find a link to that video?

Upvote 0

ArmyMatt

Site Supporter
Jan 26, 2007
Earth
✟1,467,220.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Was he the priest that was killed a few years back? If so, there was this documentary of him traveling in another country (Macedonia maybe?) to help serve liturgies in house churches? Does anyone know what I'm talking about and where I can find a link to that video?

yeah he was the one who was killed by Tatar or Chechnyan Muslims in his Church a few years ago. I dunno about any documantary about him in Macedonia.

Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟173,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
yeah he was the one who was killed by Tatar or Chechnyan Muslims in his Church a few years ago. I dunno about any documantary about him in Macedonia.

I thought so. I'm not even sure it was Macedonia- but he was in a documentary I watched and I've lost it and would love to find it again.

Upvote 0