United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
But that doesn't make it the norm for all.

Sarcasm is my personality and always has been. Everyone gets it irregardless of if I agree, disagree, like, or dislike. None of that is a factor. My wife calls it my second language and that if I seem especially sarcastic to anyone it's a sign of endearment.

It's just the way I'm built, part of my default Asperges settings.
If there is a good-natured ribbing people see that.

Nothing wrong with it.

Once we learn about each other, then we understand each other better. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi ed,
Who am I going to report you to? Am I going crazy I expressed to you, that you're earlier response proved my point. Then you provide verses about mockers.

Grace to you.
If someone mocks you these are great verses to keep close to your chest.

Who are you going to report me to? ... :o ... usually Advisors self-evaluate.
If I see I overstepped my posting bounds, I usually apologize. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi ed
What is that goofy let's see how this flies goofy wave thingy? Are you toying with me?
Not at all. If there is a misunderstanding I apologize.
That wavy icon is a hello. I use it often - nothing negative is intended.

Upvote 0
A

Andrea411

When i was much younger, having come from a very dysfunctional home. I found it very difficult to receive love. My husband would say something sarcastic and it would pierce me to my soul. What I learned later was that I was experiencing the pain from my past in the present.Sp people would tease me about something and my 'inner child' would react as if I was nine and my mother had once again ridiculed me or embarrassed me.

The feelings were way over the top for the situations. this is one of the areas the Lord healed me while I prayed in tongues... my inners got stronger and I began to see things differently. Eventually, the inner me grew up. I am no longer a child who is subject to rejection and personal insults.
But I remember what that was like... I would get so deeply offended and would be ashamed if I did anything embarrassing in public.... ouch. It hurts to think about it.

One of the ways I recognized that the pain wasn't for the moment was the fact that it hurt so much more then the events that were going on and I would put myself in situations that were hurtful. I won't get into it but when you need healing, a person tends to repeat behaviors that hurt so that they can be healed. The Lord knows. When I learned to give all the pain to the lord and confess my response as part of my carnal nature... I began to heal.
None of this was easy and it took decades but like an onion, I got peeled away until there is no more onion... only me and God and the certain joy that comes in knowing Him intimately.
I write this to share with people who get offended too easily, that it may be that what you're experiencing isn't in the present but from the past.

If you don't relate...its okay. God bless, andrea

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi Moderator,
Please PM with instructions to terminate my account.

Thank you.
It is the 2nd time you ask for this.
I believe the first time I talked you out of it.

If you still want to, you may ask for a self-ban.
Then we would freeze your account.
If you want to come back after that just open a thread in Members Services and you would come back.

Please confirm.

In Christ,
Ed

Reactions: LilLamb219
Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
When i was much younger, having come from a very dysfunctional home. I found it very difficult to receive love. My husband would say something sarcastic and it would pierce me to my soul. What I learned later was that I was experiencing the pain from my past in the present.Sp people would tease me about something and my 'inner child' would react as if I was nine and my mother had once again ridiculed me or embarrassed me.

The feelings were way over the top for the situations. this is one of the areas the Lord healed me while I prayed in tongues... my inners got stronger and I began to see things differently. Eventually, the inner me grew up. I am no longer a child who is subject to rejection and personal insults.
But I remember what that was like... I would get so deeply offended and would be ashamed if I did anything embarrassing in public.... ouch. It hurts to think about it.

One of the ways I recognized that the pain wasn't for the moment was the fact that it hurt so much more then the events that were going on and I would put myself in situations that were hurtful. I won't get into it but when you need healing, a person tends to repeat behaviors that hurt so that they can be healed. The Lord knows. When I learned to give all the pain to the lord and confess my response as part of my carnal nature... I began to heal.
None of this was easy and it took decades but like an onion, I got peeled away until there is no more onion... only me and God and the certain joy that comes in knowing Him intimately.
I write this to share with people who get offended too easily, that it may be that what you're experiencing isn't in the present but from the past.

It usually is from the past. :)

Thank you for sharing.

Upvote 0

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟440,416.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Thank you, Andrea. Helpful stuff you've shared. I have learned this truth, also.

God is Good.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Just make it a rule that you have to have at least 26,083 post count (without one infraction) in order to zing someone. lol
"without one infraction" was the spoiler ... otherwise people start post-counting.

By tomorrow we would have 50 posters with 26,084 posts.

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Wow! A charismatic/Lutheran ... go for it Ed :thumbsup:

I hope Ed does it as he's very spirit filled:clap:

Hey Ed I was at a charasmatic meeting last night in a Lutheran church:clap::clap::clap: I was thinking of this whole situation and prayed for this place:groupray:

Upvote 0

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Can I just say this is an awesome mini teaching

Can I post it in my siggy?

Maybe we all can as a pledge of sorts:groupray:
I think all of us are going to need to watch our words... it is like the passage

Psalm 141:3 (KJV)
3 Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth;
keep the door of my lips.​

The Bible says that the 'last member' of the body to come under control of the Spirit, is the tongue... so... unless we are perfect, and I know I am not... the tongue is still a bit unruly at times...

but the fact that it says it is the last member to come under control, shows us that it is to be coming under control...

Yet... the Scriptures have 100's of verses on the tongue...

two of the ten commandments deal with the tongue...

the book of Proverbs is packed with warnings against sinful talk...

3 of the 7 things that God says He hates deal
with the tongue in Prov 6:16-19​

Jesus spoke of the fact that we will give account for every idle word...
Matt 12:36
'Every idle word that men speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.'​

So, we give account more now than ever on this board.
The moderators who are given charge of this forum for its ownership are the ones to make the determination if our words are suitable for the forum. That is who should be in charge.

I know I will be watching my words closely, and sticking to the subject... Personal talk can be a stumbling stone, and if some misinterpret what we say to them, it can look bad, even if not intended to be. So, if we speak only to the subject on any area where we are in disagreement, we can avoid some misunderstandings.
I will definately make room in my siggy for this if its ok with you :thumbsup::pray:

Upvote 0

Edial

Site Supporter
Nov 3, 2004
United States
✟63,157.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope Ed does it as he's very spirit filled:clap:

Hey Ed I was at a charasmatic meeting last night in a Lutheran church:clap::clap::clap: I was thinking of this whole situation and prayed for this place:groupray:
I'm telling ya ... when Lutherans get charismatic ... the end is near. :liturgy:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tishri1

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2004
Southern California
✟324,584.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Yep this is good stuff:thumbsup:

No one has to put up with this pain that is for sure, there is a way to heal

Thanks for sharing this so folks can heal if they want to:thumbsup:

Upvote 0

geetrue

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 16, 2006
Beach House
Visit site
✟73,776.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
murjahel said:
The Bible says that the 'last member' of the body to come under control of the Spirit, is the tongue... so... unless we are perfect, and I know I am not... the tongue is still a bit unruly at times...

The next testament says that, "the 'last member' of the body to come under the control of the Spirit, will be the keyboard"

Upvote 0