please pray

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I have been told that the older one is acting very stoic. His grief may be delayed (which is not uncommon for kids when everyone around them is falling apart). However, he may just be internalizing it and this can be very dangerous. So please pray for the older one too. Also pray that God will put some solid grief support program in their lives. I know that these can make a significant difference for kids when one of their parents die. First thing they learn is that they are not the only one who have felt this pain, and that serves as such a huge relief because they often feel like "God must hate them" for allowing this to happen. Being around other children who have lost a parent helps "normalize" them and kids really have an intense need to be normal.

Upvote 0

bobross

God Is Love.
Jul 7, 2011
✟15,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am praying for both of them. Is the younger one (Trent I think is his name) having anxiety? I remember having that a lot as a kid, even though my dad didn't die - he just left. One time I had to go to the hospital for it because I couldn't breathe. I hope whatever it is, he will be ok. And I pray the other one learns to grieve properly and that they both get into a children's grief counseling group asap. Thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I will never post the details of someone's illnesses...it could get me in trouble professionally and I do not believe it is necessary information to pray for this young man. His medical complication is related to grief and that is enough information to pray. God knows what is going on ... even beyond the medical personal actually treating him know. His physical symptoms are a real expression of his emotional heart breaking. So much tragedy for such a little boy.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
blackribbon, I know I shouldn't have asked you that. Sorry.

You can ask anything. I just can't and won't answer. ;)

Heavenly Father...please let the hospital be a place that connects this family with the social services that they need. And please pour your love down on these precious boys so that they know that You are Real and love them deeply.

Upvote 0

bobross

God Is Love.
Jul 7, 2011
✟15,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You can ask anything. I just can't and won't answer. ;)

Heavenly Father...please let the hospital be a place that connects this family with the social services that they need. And please pour your love down on these precious boys so that they know that You are Real and love them deeply.

Haha OK - What is the meaning of life? :)

Praying in agreement with this prayer.

Upvote 0

bobross

God Is Love.
Jul 7, 2011
✟15,778.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
:amen: Thank you so much for posting this. Bless his little heart, and his brother's too. I pray they are both going to be okay.

Also, I was wondering if maybe there is a memorial fund somewhere that we can donate to? There was one set up at a local bank by a couple ladies at my church when my husband died because I suddenly had no money coming in. I would like to pay it forward if I can.

Sedona, yes I asked E.D. about this and he said there is a fund set up at Navy Federal Credit Union, but the family would prefer donations to be sent to the Wounded Warrior Project in Dan's name instead.

Upvote 0

CajunQueen

Nov 25, 2008
Lake Charles, LA
✟15,538.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I have been told that Dan's youngest boy is in the hospital related to some severe grief-related problems. Please pray for peace and healing. And continue to pray for Dan's whole family.

Oh no :(
Such a sweet boy. He is on my heart and in my prayers. I hope he gets well soon. Please let us know how he is doing if you hear anything. Thank you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

WalksWithChrist

Seeking God's Will
Jan 5, 2005
USA
Visit site
✟38,526.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
I have been told that Dan's youngest boy is in the hospital related to some severe grief-related problems. Please pray for peace and healing. And continue to pray for Dan's whole family.
Will do. I can't imagine what they are going thru, both the boys.

Upvote 0

HayleyAnn

Legend
May 3, 2008
✟55,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Poor baby :( This has got to be so tough. Suicide is the worst way to lose somebody you love. And for him to have to deal with it twice, first with big brother and now with daddy, his heart might be broken beyond repair. He is in my thoughts and prayers along with his brother and mother. :prayer:

Upvote 0