Texas
✟215.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
We have just accepted a position in the ministry of woking in a youth home. An answered prayer for us.:thumbsup: The home is only a few miles from my ex-husband's house, who I share joint custody of my older two children with. (We divorced 10 years ago, and since have both been saved. He is now a youth Minister also.) Well, the older two live with him most of the time, and visit me on weekends and holidays (set it up that way when I was in college, then couldn't undo it). So, his wife was threatening to take me to court because I am ordered to have insurance on them, and I don't have it right now. I told them to add them to thier plan and I would pay the price for it. (Which is what our orders say to do if I do not have it offered.) Anyhow...in my gut, I feel like as soon as they find out we are moving there, that they are going to try to cause problems for us. :confused: They are notorious for making false claims to CPS about us, filling court papers to amend our custody, calling our employers and putting us down, etc. :sigh: They have not done these things in three years, but I am afraid us moving close to them will put them over the edge and they will start again. I should not have to live with this kind of fear. This should be a great thing.

I need prayer that I will not be fearful and prayer that he will have a Christlike attitude (as will his wife) and embrace a new relationship with us and do what is best for the kids. I know he has a relationship with Christ, and the Devil knows he can attack in this area of him and his wife. I need them to be convicted that if they make problems for me and my husband, he also makes problems for all of our children. :prayer:

Just please pray.

Thank you.

tapero

Legend
Site Supporter
Apr 14, 2004
Visit site
✟88,544.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Dear Lord,

I pray for Ellie Mae and her family that her ex and ex's wife would not trouble them at all. I pray you might soften their hearts towards her. Also that they would be convicted if they started any trouble at all. I also ask that they not feel threatened when they find out that the family is moving close to them. May you bless this new ministry of Ellie Mae's and family, may it be a wonderful experience for all. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Reactions: Linus
Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟569,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
tapero said:
Dear Lord,

I pray for Ellie Mae and her family that her ex and ex's wife would not trouble them at all. I pray you might soften their hearts towards her. Also that they would be convicted if they started any trouble at all. I also ask that they not feel threatened when they find out that the family is moving close to them. May you bless this new ministry of Ellie Mae's and family, may it be a wonderful experience for all. In Jesus name I pray. Amen

Lord be with Ellie Mae & her family
And that these ex's won't get into trouble
Soften their hearts towards her
Help them to lean on you all
Forgive them Lord for where they have failed you
And that you will give them all a fresh and brand new start
In thy name and will, bless this wonderful ministry.
:amen:

Upvote 0

JacobsDream

Ace by His Grace
Nov 12, 2005
Chicagoland
✟24,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Lord, she cannot be moving into a worse situation. You have already approved of this and their new place will only bring them closer to you and to each other as they continue to toil for your kingdom.

Father, as they do so, toil on their behalf. Show them favor with their "neighbour" and give them understanding and love. Touch their hearts not to antagonize and put them down. You will protect her and her husband from such but they'd be hurting themselves and persecuting your people and you certainly won't condone that.

Only you know thier hearts and can truly influence this situation. Do so to the glory of your name, thank you for the answer.

Upvote 0

Linus

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Oct 25, 2004
Stockholm
✟86,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dear Father in Heaven, You are the Best Knower and Planner, guide everyone involved, remove all animosity and hostility in the name of Jesus Christ. Bless this move with peace and joy. Thank You Lord!

[font=&quot]The Lord is the strength of my life" (Psalm 27:1). [/font]

Reactions: free4all
Upvote 0

free4all

Senior Veteran
Dec 25, 2005
Midwest
✟17,961.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Father, thank You that this may be an opportunity for good. I pray that the ex's have had a change in heart from the time over 3 years ago. I pray their recent attitudes will improve. I ask You to show all involved the benefits of unity and of working for the kids' best. I ask for positive encounters between all involved. Thank You.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.