PLEASE LISTEN AND COMMENT!I posted this sermon in another thread and it was considered heresy...

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I listened to about 7.39 on the video i'll pick up again later. My comment of the oneness of the body is that the verse from John 17 is one of my favourite verses because it speaks so well to my own experience of God in Christ Jesus, in partaking of the sufferings of Christ, I see how though I am here and someone else is physically "over there" we are unified in Christ who suffers for them .. and lives inside me .. one. This is how I understand "the oneness"

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,656.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I agree with into perfection.

But the "appearance" of Christ is gonna be a mystery.

The home of the true Christians is already here, Earth. The lovers of money are the squatters.

When the time comes, the squatters will be swept by the flood and the remaining FEW Christians will inherit the Earth.

Upvote 0

bhforlife

Jul 23, 2015
✟23,001.00
Faith
Oneness
Marital Status
Private
I agree with into perfection.

But the "appearance" of Christ is gonna be a mystery.

The home of the true Christians is already here, Earth. The lovers of money are the squatters.

When the time comes, the squatters will be swept by the flood and the remaining FEW Christians will inherit the Earth.

What is your understanding of this scripture timewerx?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-18King James Version (KJV)
16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,656.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Those verses only say meeting the Lord in the air. Furthermore, it says "Then we which are alive and remain". For proponents of the rapture, I'm sad to say, it doesn't mean escape from the tribulation. It seems say "those who have survived..."

And then we also have these:

Matthew 24:38-40
For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39 and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40 Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left.

It says here at the coming of the Son of Man what what has happened in time of Noah will also happen....Not literally a flood, but it is the evil who will be taken.

And then this:

Matthew 5:5
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.

I don't see anything wrong with the picture. The Earth is a beautiful beautiful place without those who corrupt in it.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, non-trinitarian baptism is considered heresy on CF, I recall hanging out at a oneness apostolic church some years back.

I resonate more with the trinity in my experience, thanks for sharing your message.

Reactions: bhforlife
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟314,656.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
...i'm listening...

just wondering...

is this about "speaking in tongues" being the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit?

Nope, those in Voodoo could also do "speaking in tongues" of the kind that is INDISTINGUISHABLE from those also "speaking in tongues" in the Christian church.

Some cult/occult sects also do it.

The Bible gave only clear description of it in the Acts, in the Pentecost and it is actually (and should be) another Earth/foreign language (you do not necessarily speak), thus, if one adult person of native descent each came from all country/tribe all over the world and gathered in one place and if one "speaks in other tongues" as enabled by the Holy Spirit, at least one person should understand it through their native language.

It is disturbing to observe that many (a significant %) of Christians are ignorant of these facts and scriptures. And A LOT of them are on TV.......

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,957.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Tongues is a useful gift, the scripture instructs to pray to interpret it, once that happens, you speak regular .. can't say people will always understand your english though ;)

Reactions: bhforlife
Upvote 0