England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sure you can.
Matthew 27:52-53---
52 and the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints who had fallen asleep were raised; 53 and coming out of the graves after His resurrection, they went into the holy city and appeared to many.54 When the centurion and those with him who were guarding Jesus saw the earthquake and all that had happened, they were terrified, and exclaimed, “Surely he was the Son of God!”
Of course, as I'm sure you must expect, I don't believe that happened.

Thought your extract says nothing about anyone denying what they saw.

Upvote 0

Section10

Jun 22, 2011
✟7,774.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
No one is laughing at anyone suffering for eternity and if you read my posts you'd see I doubt that anyway.
How long does it take to pull a trigger and if you do and someone is murdered, all you've ever done before is cancelled out and you are a murderer for the rest of your life and looking at either life in prison or the death penalty.
Rape just one little girl and all the good you've done up until then is forgotten and you are a hated pedophile forever. How just is that?
I think in the long run, God is pretty soft.

I came into Christianity as an adult and I've never regretted the richness it has given me. But I was faithless as an adult before then and I have never ceased to regret that.
So I know where you're coming from because I've been there.

Upvote 0

fireof god98

Jul 24, 2013
canada
✟8,498.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Liberals
No one is laughing at anyone suffering for eternity and if you read my posts you'd see I doubt that anyway.
How long does it take to pull a trigger and if you do and someone is murdered, all you've ever done before is cancelled out and you are a murderer for the rest of your life and looking at either life in prison or the death penalty.
Rape just one little girl and all the good you've done up until then is forgotten and you are a hated pedophile forever. How just is that?

I came into Christianity as an adult and I've never regretted the richness it has given me. But I was faithless as an adult before then and I have never ceased to regret that.

some of us get richness in life from things other than god

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Of course, as I'm sure you must expect, I don't believe that happened.

Thought your extract says nothing about anyone denying what they saw.

You say "I don't think you'll find a single instance where someone who actually witnessed an undead walking around." But when someone points out that there is such an instance, you say you don't believe it.

Can you understand the frustration on our part?

Upvote 0

fireof god98

Jul 24, 2013
canada
✟8,498.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
CA-Liberals
You say "I don't think you'll find a single instance where someone who actually witnessed an undead walking around." But when someone points out that there is such an instance, you say you don't believe it.

when i visit the local mental hospital i get told all the time by the patients that there are evil bears in the washroom. just because they have faith that it is true dos not mean that it is.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Reread his post, that is not what he said.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sneering and shrugging would perhaps be more apt a description.

In a way, it isn't.

I'm not sure how you conclude that given that you (presumably) think that a single sin, a single infraction condemns an individual to eternal torture with the only reprieve being of course, getting saved.

I suppose you can add patronising to the list.

Again, not addressing the moral issues with torturing people for how they think.

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I can point out all kinds of things that happened in fiction, but you know, I was actually after a real life example. You know an actual well-verified and corroborated instance of a dead person walking with witnesses.

No, because your frustration is embedded in the presumption that we should just take Bible verses at face value.

Exactly why should we? From our perspective?

Also, I repeat, your extract didn't include an example of someone witnessing an undead and rejecting it.

Upvote 0

Section10

Jun 22, 2011
✟7,774.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Sneering and shrugging might be appropriate. There is so much pain and heartache and sorrow in this sad world I feel I have about wasted enough of my time with crybabies and my patience with you runs thin.
Patronizing? Not really, just weariness with those who are blind and yet say they see. In your present state, you're just not worth it and Christianity is spread thin enough as it is.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Sneering and shrugging might be appropriate. There is so much pain and heartache and sorrow in this sad world I feel I have about wasted enough of my time with crybabies and my patience with you runs thin.
Oh how blessed your time and your character is that you can be offended so at mere opposition.

But seriously, you think that pointing out that the idea that someone should be tortured for eternity for not believing a certain way is acting like a crybaby?

Patronizing? Not really, just weariness with those who are blind and yet say they see. In your present state, you're just not worth it and Christianity is spread thin enough as it is.
I'm sure you'd call any atheist that didn't convert or come up with softball questions and queries over a certain period of time as blind.

Upvote 0

Chany

Uncertain Absurdist
Nov 29, 2011
In bed
✟15,379.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

And ignoring us is going to help Christianity in the long run because... what? Christianity will lose adherents at a slower rate?

Blind? Really? I honestly think the whole "your side is blind" stick needs to be broken. It doesn't do anything, because I'll just volley it right back at you.

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Who is blind and why?

Is it because, they disagree with you, so they must be blind?

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟654,030.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And ignoring us is going to help Christianity in the long run because... what? Christianity will lose adherents at a slower rate?

No. Ignoring you will allow us time to focus on people who are asking questions while actually listening to the answers. It does no good for us to waste time answering questions of people who have already made up their mind to not believe anything we say because you've already decided that whatever we say is not credible, and that our sources are not credible.

Upvote 0

ToddNotTodd

Iconoclast
Feb 17, 2004
✟255,633.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No. Ignoring you will allow us time to focus on people who are asking questions while actually listening to the answers. It does no good for us to waste time answering questions of people who have already made up their mind to not believe anything we say because you've already decided that whatever we say is not credible, and that our sources are not credible.

I haven't made up my mind so that I wouldn't consider credible evidence. Do you have any?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

KWCrazy

Apr 13, 2009
Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Assuming this goes badly for me, how does the appeal process work? Can I wait in purgatory until my appeal is heard?
Purgatory is a man made concept. Christ never mentioned it. If it were real, the recognized prophets would have spoken of it and Christ would have affirmed it. There is no appeal.

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I firmly believe that for the majority of atheists, a God that watches and knows and remembers is the ultimate horror. So they find it to be in their best interest that there is no God and then they set about proving it to themselves.
Whatever helps you sleep at night...

Upvote 0

Skavau

Ode to the Forgotten Few
Sep 6, 2007
England
✟41,497.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
I firmly believe that for the majority of atheists, a God that watches and knows and remembers is the ultimate horror.
You can probably add this snugly to your list of things that you believe without evidence.

So they find it to be in their best interest that there is no God and then they set about proving it to themselves.
If God existed, and if he was as you described it would be in my absolute worst interest to disparage God.

The idea that atheists do, would or might go against a God based on self-interest is obvious nonsense on the fact that, you know, being tortured forever is very much against anyone's self-interest.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.