Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Right you guys - I've had it!!! Why are all the current threads about politics.

ROFL. I am thinking of "taking a break" until 3 weeks after the election because I am tired of seeing nearly every single current thread about politics.

So how about it - a thread that isn't about politics?

SemperFidelis

Mean, angry Traditionalist
Jul 30, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
✟9,082.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
AU-Liberals
i agree!!! i'm sooooooo over politics!! kinda been why i haven't been around for a bit..

so how r u neenie?? anything interesting planned for this weekend??

and what about u SF? anything on?

Hey Aimz how r u? No sadly I'm working both Saturday and Sunday nights so my weekend is looking fairly sad. On the up side, my wife is off to a hens night on Friday so all of the male husbands/bf's that are left behind are catching up for a BBQ so that will be fun !

How about u? Hope your weekend is at least slightly more exciting

Blessings
:crossrc:
Steve

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It's funny- I haven't been into this forum for a few days now, so I've missed all the political threads. :clap:

At the moment Nov 24th is in focus for us because our school is having our 40th anniversary celebration and fete that day.

Come over to Kingswood Park (suburb of Penrith in western Sydney) after voting if you want a good time!

:tutu:

Upvote 0

Neenie1

Senior Veteran
Feb 17, 2005
✟21,306.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He he, I would but that's my son's birthday party.

Everyone (as in MIL and mum) are going nuts over it LOL. I have said to wait until I find out how many are coming, which I won't know until next Wednesday because that's the final day for RSVP.

So far 5 kids (and most likely older siblings etc.) will be coming. So that's going to be good.

So that's kind of my focus.

I had my house inspection yesterday (I hate renting, did I mention that before) so have been cleaning up for that.

My dad called in today so that was good I haven't seen him for a while.

This weekend is going to be nice!!! I spent all last weekend cleaning, so this one I have promised to do something fun with the kids, possibly the park, possibly just walking around the mall etc.

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He he, I would but that's my son's birthday party.

Everyone (as in MIL and mum) are going nuts over it LOL. I have said to wait until I find out how many are coming, which I won't know until next Wednesday because that's the final day for RSVP.

So far 5 kids (and most likely older siblings etc.) will be coming. So that's going to be good.

So that's kind of my focus.

I had my house inspection yesterday (I hate renting, did I mention that before) so have been cleaning up for that.

My dad called in today so that was good I haven't seen him for a while.

This weekend is going to be nice!!! I spent all last weekend cleaning, so this one I have promised to do something fun with the kids, possibly the park, possibly just walking around the mall etc.

Yay for the birthday party! We've got a combined one for DS and DD #1 (their bdays are 2 days apart) on 8th December, so a few weeks yet. We're having a reptile party, having a reptile show and everything. I'm so excited!

I know what you mean about renting :mad: Hate hate hate inspections, particularly the effect it has on family life "no, don't get that out" "argh! put that pen away" etc.

Only 1 more inspection for us (and that's the final, moved out one), then we're in a church house again. :clap:

Upvote 0

lmnop9876

Aug 29, 2005
✟8,364.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It's funny- I haven't been into this forum for a few days now, so I've missed all the political threads. :clap:

At the moment Nov 24th is in focus for us because our school is having our 40th anniversary celebration and fete that day.

Come over to Kingswood Park (suburb of Penrith in western Sydney) after voting if you want a good time!

:tutu:
Kingswood Park? we used to deliver newspapers and brochures in that area, we did over 6,000 houses for a while, lots of areas from Werrington to St. Clair to St. Mary's to Mt. Druitt to Erskine Park, Minchinbury, all up around that area.

Upvote 0

tgg

Veteran
Jun 19, 2005
Brisbane
Visit site
✟20,587.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yes, I agree Neens. I'm bored stiff with politics that I think I'm just gonna draw a stick figure on my ballot form instead of placing ticks in the appropriate boxes.

What's everyone up to for this weekend? I'm going up to Caboolture on Saturday to practice music for Laissez-Fayre with the lead singer Cass followed by going to Balkaz for their 2nd anniversary party. In the evening my friend Polly Phonic is holding a fancy dress party for her birthday (I'm thinking of going as Superman), then on Sunday I'm doing my second live music performance with my other band d-wizz 2.0 at my place. I'm hoping to get the event taped and put up to You Tube as well.

Rock'n'roll, phew!

Upvote 0

sparassidae

In Christ Alone
Apr 3, 2007
Sydney, Australia
✟18,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kingswood Park? we used to deliver newspapers and brochures in that area, we did over 6,000 houses for a while, lots of areas from Werrington to St. Clair to St. Mary's to Mt. Druitt to Erskine Park, Minchinbury, all up around that area.

That's funny! We call this "the forgotton suburb" because no one seems to know we exist (including Telstra etc)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Yes, I agree Neens. I'm bored stiff with politics that I think I'm just gonna draw a stick figure on my ballot form instead of placing ticks in the appropriate boxes.

What's everyone up to for this weekend? I'm going up to Caboolture on Saturday to practice music for Laissez-Fayre with the lead singer Cass followed by going to Balkaz for their 2nd anniversary party. In the evening my friend Polly Phonic is holding a fancy dress party for her birthday (I'm thinking of going as Superman), then on Sunday I'm doing my second live music performance with my other band d-wizz 2.0 at my place. I'm hoping to get the event taped and put up to You Tube as well.

Rock'n'roll, phew!
Oh geez, please don't place ticks in your boxes! :eek:

You are supposed to number the boxes...;) :D

Upvote 0

misfitforfaith

Oct 30, 2007
✟228.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Please can we have a thread that ISN'T about politics

Fair enough i agree it seems a few posters joined simply to stir the pot with an agenda in mind.
However its worth noting most churches you go to in our world are full of just that POLITICS whether personal or ecclesiastic, to pretend otherwise is naive. This is one of the reasons i am non denominational and prefer to post in net forums, too many bricks and mortar churches are full of agendas and political bs usually the kind which doesn't agree with myself i think Christ mentioned it as "The Great Falling Away" I simply call it the "NewWorldOrder".

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Tigercub I was just about to say that.

Meanwhile uni has finished and I start work on monday. The joys of being a student.
:p yeah I was abit worried that some Australians might read it and forget how to vote correctly! ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anduril

Jan 16, 2005
✟725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
misfitforfaith said:
Fair enough i agree it seems a few posters joined simply to stir the pot with an agenda in mind.
Most posters have been posting here for years about all sorts of things, however you only signed up two weeks ago and have only posted about people with conservative values. I think that pot might be calling the kettle black!

However its worth noting most churches you go to in our world are full of just that POLITICS whether personal or ecclesiastic, to pretend otherwise is naive. This one reason i am non denominational and prefer to post in net forums, too many bricks and mortar churches are full of agendas and political bs usually the kind which doesn't agree with myself i think Christ mentioned it as "The Great Falling Away" I simply call it the "NewWorldOrder".
Interesting you mentioned a New World Order. Would this be the same one prophesied in the book of Revelations and led by the Beast?

Upvote 0

tigercub

unbelievably fluffy
Site Supporter
May 8, 2006
Brisbane
Visit site
✟27,814.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married

However its worth noting most churches you go to in our world are full of just that POLITICS whether personal or ecclesiastic, to pretend otherwise is naive. This one reason i am non denominational and prefer to post in net forums, too many bricks and mortar churches are full of agendas and political bs usually the kind which doesn't agree with myself i think Christ mentioned it as "The Great Falling Away" I simply call it the "NewWorldOrder".
You can see my join date in the icons next to my name right ^ ?

:scratch:

Upvote 0

misfitforfaith

Oct 30, 2007
✟228.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Most posters have been posting here for years about all sorts of things, however you only signed up two weeks ago and have only posted about people with conservative values. I think that pot might be calling the kettle black!
:scratch: You know what, your actually wrong i signed up earlier in year about April- may 07 under a different username however this forum banned me for some strange reason probably due to my leftfield philosophical/political views on christian faith and i hadn't been back until a couple of of weeks ago under my present username. I must say i didn't recognise your username in here at that stage of the year infact i may have been here longer than yourself.

Neenie
have only noticed 1 or 2 who have joined in recent weeks and have been stirring. I think Misfit you might be one of them lol.

MY Quote i said
Note neenie i said a few posters NOT all posters OK, just to clarify your comprehension.:cool:

Interesting you mentioned a New World Order. Would this be the same one prophesied in the book of Revelations and led by the Beast?
Well considering you ridiculed me over bringing this conspiracy and paranormal material up in this section about week ago i presume you didn't have much tolerance for this kind of belief. However yes NWO is the generic term most christian conspiracy eg. Nesta Webster" plus other pseudo christian and non christian conspiracy theorists(many are not christians at all) have used to describe the end times. However the question facing western Christianity is how many rich or comfortable mainstream christians wish to believe the end is around the corner,very few i suspect their far too comfortable living it up on others hard earned meager wages!.In the mean time heres a link you maybe interested in reading if you care to take off your blinkers enough.http://www.biblebelievers.org.au/

Upvote 0