Platonic bed sharing while married.

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
All but one. It's pretty clear what I wrote.
I didn´t ask what you wrote. I asked what was the point of writing it.
What was the point in stating the obvious: That at least (which you omitted, btw.) one person (i.e. me) disagreed - who had just said so?
We're all entitled to our own opinions.
Yes, you are.
What´s your point in submitting such a common place?

Upvote 0

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I didn´t ask what you wrote. I asked what was the point of writing it.
What was the point in stating the obvious: That at least (which you omitted, btw.) one person (i.e. me) disagreed - who had just said so?
Yes, you are.
What´s your point in submitting such a common place?

I'm not interested in arguing with you. Anything of value for the topic of discussion?

Upvote 0

quatona

"God"? What do you mean??
May 15, 2005
✟175,292.00
Faith
Seeker
I'm not interested in arguing with you. Anything of value for the topic of discussion?
Well, I was just wondering if your contribution "All but one" was meant to be of value for the topic of discussion.
So I asked - just so I wouldn´t miss something that was possibly of value for the topic of discussion.
I guess no answer is an answer, as well.

Upvote 0

Nickybobby

erudite
Oct 28, 2011
Kirkland, WA
Visit site
✟21,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Is it morally ok for a married man (with permission from his wife) to share a bed platonically with a friend of the opposite sex?

Morally OK is an interesting concept, you are posting it on a Christian forum so one might assume that you are looking for Christian perspectives, otherwise you could just as easily have posted it in the personals section of craigslist or some other such worldly trash site.

You've gotten some pretty clear suggestions from Christion POV's that answer the question as "NO." The fact that you felt the need to ask in the first place seems to suggest that your heart is already convicted here. The fact that the other person's HUSBAND is opposed to this seems to be quite clear and I wonder why you would wish to help create strife in the other couple's marriage by partaking in this.

This is a childish activity that you did in the past. By that, I don't mean to insult you and call you a child, but it is something you did as a child that was ok for children to do. As a man, it's time to act like a man. Be bound to your wife, let your friend be bound to her husband. Reserve your bed for the holy union between you and your wife.

1 Corinthians 13:11 (NIV) When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.

Reactions: ~Anastasia~
Upvote 0

selfinflikted

Under Deck
Jul 13, 2006
✟24,014.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I don't think the OP is being completely honest. Why could you not have exactly the same friendship with a person and not share a bed? You can talk outside of bed. You can be friends outside of bed. The simple fact that you say you have set ground rules for being in bed together says to me there's more going on there than what's being admitted.

But then, I'm always skeptical, and probably a bit pessimistic.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Habbit Animal

All that wander are not lost -B4 asking directions
Jul 7, 2013
✟842.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I can't imagine a wife giving such permission.

Nor can I imagine what circumstances would necessitate a married man to have cause to share a bed with a woman that is not his wife.

This is an odd thread. One I don't take seriously at all.

Is it morally ok for a married man (with permission from his wife) to share a bed platonically with a friend of the opposite sex?

Upvote 0

Cearbhall

May 10, 2013
United States
✟122,284.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
If the wife has freely given permission, then sure, but I'm not sure why they'd want to be in bed together platonically.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

TheyCallMeDavid

May 13, 2013
Florida
✟4,108.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Absolutely not. In fact, if any wife gives her permission for this , then she should enroll in Counselling asap so she can understand that the marriage bed is to be kept pure which means no straying in ANY manner platonic or not.

With this being a Christian Forum, ill bet you could predict this answer right ?!

Upvote 0

bhsmte

Apr 26, 2013
✟247,431.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
And I am not sure why spending time in bed together apparently has a necessarily sexual connotation.

I guess I would ask, under what circumstances would a spouse even ask the other if it is ok if they share a plutonic bed with the opposite sex?

Upvote 0

mont974x4

The Christian Anarchist
Site Supporter
Aug 1, 2006
Montana, USA
Visit site
✟46,615.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The most important relationship in our life is the one we have with God.
The most important relationship we have on earth is the one we have with our spouse. No other person should be afforded the same intimacy.

Upvote 0

Golden Yak

Not Worshipped, Far from Idle
May 20, 2010
✟8,438.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I guess I would ask, under what circumstances would a spouse even ask the other if it is ok if they share a plutonic bed with the opposite sex?

Hrm... close friend is badly traumatized, needs comfort and doesn't want to sleep alone? There is comfort and reassurance afforded through close contact but no sexual contact. I'm assuming that's what is meant by 'platonic bed sharing' in the first place.

Upvote 0