Modern Reformationist
Mar 3, 2003
PA
✟767.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Ever since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean I've been dying to play a game about pirates.

Anyone play Sea Dogs for PC? I just got it today. The game rules! It's very rare though, had to find it on Ebay. It's an action/RPG, and it rocks! Although it locks up on me from time to time.. ARRGGHH!

SUNSTONE

Christian Warrior
Sep 2, 2002
Cocoa Village
Visit site
✟18,200.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Pirates of the Carribean the game for xbox.

Movie games have a lousey history, but these graphics look really sweet. There is sword fighting in it to, which is something that I have been looking for since Prince of Persia (sp?) on SNES, awesome game that was.

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Ah yes. Nobody has made really good swordfighting games. :sigh: Not even Lucas Arts. Although, I have to say that there was a game called Reguard that was very cool in that respect.

Sea Dogs is a fun game also, but all about sailing, not swordfighting. But if you like sailing to different ports, new islands etc., trading, raiding ships, etc., that's the game for you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
monkey island 1 and 2. 3 was great, should've been called 'a monkey island dream' or something, though, as it kind of broke out of the storyline.
4..4 had great parts but..it wasn't point and click, and it just didn't feel like monkey island. more like..monkey really awkward joystick.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ozanaki tori said:
Puzzle Pirates is the best pirate game ever of all time. :bow: PP :bow:
Nope. After I found out that to get the better weapons you had to subscribe ($74.95/year!). Off to kingdom come it went.

Upvote 0

Kokopelli

Stoic seeker of the truth
Dec 11, 2003
the arm pit of the world
✟16,447.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
The funnest pirates stragety I've played was Pirates! They're coming out with a remake later this year.

Other fun "pirate" style games that are out:

Sea Dogs 1 & 2
Port Royale
Tortuga: Pirate Hunter (Port Royale with a face lift)

There's a pirate-style MMORG that is supposed to be coming out sometime this year called, "Pirates of the Burning Sea. Been reading the dev logs on it and I'm anxiously awaiting for it's release. The ships are licensed to them from Akella (Sea Dogs) and the sound designer from Master and Commander is going to do the sounds. That'll be about the only MMORPG that I'll actually play.

Upvote 0

seebs

God Made Me A Skeptic
Apr 9, 2002
Saint Paul, MN
Visit site
✟55,225.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
SoldierofChrist said:
Ever since I saw Pirates of the Caribbean I've been dying to play a game about pirates.

Anyone play Sea Dogs for PC? I just got it today. The game rules! It's very rare though, had to find it on Ebay. It's an action/RPG, and it rocks! Although it locks up on me from time to time.. ARRGGHH!

The correct answer is of course "Monkey Island."

My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I want to be a pirate!

Upvote 0

ozanaki tori

rebel sodville
Feb 9, 2004
Utah
Visit site
✟7,980.00
Faith
Buddhist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
Technically, the weapon you get to begin with is pretty good. I've been subscribed for a few months now and still just use a foil.
The trial version is fun enough!
Also, when you knock it down to 10 dollars a month, it's really not that much. Cos really, I can't even say I'll be playing it for a year! Heheh.

Upvote 0