timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I have a pet dog that died almost 10 years ago and a week before my birthday. Missed her dearly, she was my best friend.

Couple of months ago, I saw her in a dream. It was her except in slightly different colors. Same typical Malinoise (German Shepherd) colors but without the white spots and her claws, instead of being transparent, her claws was black in the dream. She was young again. I was playing with her in that dream. A really nice and happy dream because my late dad was also there.

Last month I finally visited a cousin out in the countryside. She had invited me to her house so many times already but couldn't due to problems and commitments until finally, I decided to go.

She had around 10 dogs in her house but only saw 5 who greeted us when we arrived.

After two days in her house, I saw one of her dogs I hadn't seen since I got to her house. It was the same dog in my dream! A young Malinoise-looking and colored dog with no white spots and had black claws!

I approached the dog slowly at first and she began wagging her tail. The other dogs didn't, all barked me at first but didn't take long to become friendly.

As I got even closer she fell on her back and still wagging and started panting in excitement. I started rubbing her belly and she started play-biting my finger.

The other dogs didn't behave the same way, though they went rushing to me to get a head rub but none fell down on their back and as the other dogs got closer, "my" dog start chasing and biting them away, she's smaller than the other dogs and wanted my undivided attention.

Here's the shocker, the last day I saw my original dog alive, she also fell on her back and kept on wagging her tail and won't come back up. She don't usually do it but seemingly begging me to stay and not leave (to work in the Middle East).

The next few days, the new dog just wanted to seek me out and play chase with me. I also played chase with my original dog A LOT and play-biting was also her thing! But it was me who initiated the chase but with the new dog, the roles have reversed.

My cousin tells me that dog is extremely shy and potentially dangerous to strangers, yet somehow, strangely, behaved quite different around me. Not shy but rather excited.

I am happy. I truly believed it was my old dog we had reunited and happy to see her and also doing quite well.

Yet I should have been much happier yet somehow, my emotions are not as sensitive anymore. I feel like a part of me has died from all the trauma I've been through since. Just to make it clear, I didn't go to Middle East as a soldier. I went there as an office assistant in a civilian company. Back home is where I had PTSD.

Yet, these could all be symbolic from the dream to the actual witnessing of exactly the same events in my dream - reuniting with my dead dog who is alive again in a better place (my cousin's place is literally 10x better than ours!)

Last edited:

YorkieGal

Glory to God
Sep 6, 2023
USA
✟13,306.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As a Christian, I don't believe in reincarnation but it does sound like you and this new dog formed a bond so that is very special.

Also, a very sweet story, so thanks for sharing. Animals are special people!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As a Christian, I don't believe in reincarnation but it does sound like you and this new dog formed a bond so that is very special.

Also, a very sweet story, so thanks for sharing. Animals are special people!

Thanks for reading my story. I also don't believe in reincarnation.

Twice this year, I had dreams of dying in a fiery crash, walking away from the wreck seemingly unhurt and uninjured, not realizing we're already dead until seeing our own funerals or coming across people (other spirits) acting strangely like not belonging in this time and age.

Not reincarnating but wandering around. The first one, I died with family so we sticked together.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
It's not a gift, it's a pagan deception.
It's definitely not a spiritual gift.

I'm so sure anymore. My original dog I also saw in a dream before she came to our lives.

Then this new dog, exact same dog in my dream, looks almost the same as my old dog. Behaved exactly the same around me as my old dog. Dogs have their "signature" moves around their owners when playing or greeting and it can be complex. The new dog did all of it in a very short order in our first meeting like she's telling me "It's me!!!". Just like in the movie "A Dog's Purpose".

Even cousin is puzzled seeing his dog's behavior around me. His first reaction was asking his dog "did you know this guy?" Because the dog was chasing all the other dogs away, she wants an exclusive audience with me and my undivided attention.

I've always been extremely curious about the after-life or life after death. If there's one thing in my life I've been anxious to seek, it's about the after-life. Because in it I'll also see God and perhaps, the truth also.

It brings some relief and some concern.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Since the Scripture forbids it, a lot of concern !

Feelings, emotions, demons, society, movies, hallucinations, altered mental conditions, physiology in the body and the mind, medicine, herbals, profits or popularity or prestige .... all these may "promote" the myths even though contrary to Scripture.

I've actually moved on from her death many years now. I'm not even wishing, she'll return from death, nor come back in any way or form, not even remotely. In fact, we have no more pets in the house and I'm no longer looking to have another pet.

There's no emotions involved, no agenda. I did not even ask my cousin to give me her dog nor letting me buy the dog from her where it wouldn't be an issue since she already has 9 other dogs and my "reincarnated dog" is just new in the house.

So that's it. There's no agenda, I did not ask for it. Even after I saw my dog in the dream, looking young again, I never actually expected to see her in the flesh for real.

It's all out of the blue, caught me by surprise.

Yet, I don't want to sound ungrateful to what has happened and to the Lord. It made me happy in some way. But my sister didn't seem happy about it. My sister actually resents me for being "too spiritual". She'd rather see me being worldly than too spiritual. Her words as a Christian, surprising, isn't it? And the event only made her resent me even more.

But all those must be denied, even crucified, instead of allowing anything to oppose Jesus' Word.

Not really so sure about this. Quite a few dead people were raised back to life in the Bible. The promise of being brought to life again, sometimes in a new body is written in the Bible. The Bible is just a tiny fraction of the Word of God (John 21:25). We don't know what else is out there.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,491.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As you said yourself we don't know what is there. The main reason I read your post is that we're having our dog put down tomorrow unless the vet convinces us otherwise. His back legs have gone on him. We've already taken him to the vet several times about the issue.

The last dog we had was a Silky Terrier called Charlie. The night after we had him put down I seemed to get a vision of Charlie sitting down and looking a bit puzzled. Then someone with a kindly voice said "Hello Charlie!". Wishful thinking maybe but who knows.

In your case God might have been allowing you a gentle reminder of your old dog, but I'm only guessing. I certainly don't believe in reincarnation.

The trouble with eternal life for pets and animals is where do we draw the line? Wild dogs? Wolves? Crocodiles? Great White Sharks? Tyrannosaurus Rex (is there a Jurassic Park in heaven?), Mosquitoes?

I suppose mosquitoes could be resurrected in Hell and enjoy it, but I'm being facetious.

On the other hand some animals suffer terribly, often through human cruelty. I like to think there's some recompense for them with punishment for their human persecutors.

• Friendly
Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
As you said yourself we don't know what is there. The main reason I read your post is that we're having our dog put down tomorrow unless the vet convinces us otherwise. His back legs have gone on him. We've already taken him to the vet several times about the issue.

The last dog we had was a Silky Terrier called Charlie. The night after we had him put down I seemed to get a vision of Charlie sitting down and looking a bit puzzled. Then someone with a kindly voice said "Hello Charlie!". Wishful thinking maybe but who knows.

In your case God might have been allowing you a gentle reminder of your old dog, but I'm only guessing. I certainly don't believe in reincarnation.

The trouble with eternal life for pets and animals is where do we draw the line? Wild dogs? Wolves? Crocodiles? Great White Sharks? Tyrannosaurus Rex (is there a Jurassic Park in heaven?), Mosquitoes?

I suppose mosquitoes could be resurrected in Hell and enjoy it, but I'm being facetious.

On the other hand some animals suffer terribly, often through human cruelty. I like to think there's some recompense for them with punishment for their human persecutors.

Sorry to hear.

A week before my dog died, I saw her spirit in a dream. I was laying down in that dream and saw her spirit went to me and laid down over my heart.

What makes the dream all the more interesting is that I'm working overseas at the time. Thousands of miles away from home. I didn't know my dog is sick and it wasn't after a week after my dog died my parents called me to tell me about the sad news.

I told my parents I already knew.

Everything about that dog came with a dream. I dreamed of her shortly before we adopted her and I wasn't expecting it. It came as a complete surprise.

I also dreamed of her "reincarnated dog" a week before.

Ten years after her death, I still get dreams about her in a nice place. It's probably heaven but it looks mostly like Earth. Maybe "post-apocalyptic Earth". Post WWIII after the battle with Satan, not really sure.

It looked nice because nature have partially taken over the cities. The sky is a nice shade of purple/pink all the time like the dusk sky. Some technology are still operational like all types of vehicles. Cars, planes, and boats. But it wasn't like Mad Max, far from it. People are actually nice. Everyone is happy. No one's poor despite the fact people no longer used money and no longer did any form of commerce. They took care of each other and shared everything like family like the early Christians in the book of Acts. It looked a like a vegan-hippie paradise.

People there left their keys in their cars and kept the doors of their houses open with intent of sharing everything with everyone. It's literally like one big family.

The space program have remained active and is progressing a lot faster than it ever did with unlimited resources, great enthusiasm, and with money no longer a fundamental limitation.

I never took drugs btw and rarely drink wine nowadays and I if did took wine, it's not more than 1/4 cup in a day.

Yet, it's true, I also find it extremely frustrating we're really not 100% sure what's "out there" in the after life. Despite being Christian since the 90's. I never found the answers, not even from the Bible and I've read the whole Bible already and still read the Bible A LOT. There's just not enough details.

Upvote 0

Bob Crowley

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2015
Logan City
✟758,491.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
As indicated in my previous post we had our dog put down last Wednesday. Possibly we could have spent a couple of thousand dollars on a nearly 13 year old dog on the off chance they might have been able to fix his legs, but then he might have lived another two years. The budget is tight enough as it is.

Sometimes I get this sense of exuberance on his part, and a wagging presence when I look at his grave which is in one of our gardens.

Again it could be wishful thinking, but who knows?

I know full well there's an afterlife as I've often related the fact that my father turned up in my room the nght he died. We argued and talked and at the end he gave this bloodcurdling scream. Then he just disappeared. It was obvious something was coming for him. That was 45 years ago and I still remember much of what we said. I don't remember dreams and couldn't tell you the details of a single one.

There have been other spiritual experiences but that one was in a class by itself. For us there is a judgement, but for animals that doesn't apply since they don't know right from wrong (apart from being a "naughty" boy occasionally).

As one example our dog Sputnik knew that he was not allowed on our bed. But sometimes when my wife was walking down the hall, she would hear "plop". It was Sputnik jumping off the bed and landing on the floor! He heard her coming and he knew he wasn't supposed to be there. Sure enough the bed cover would be ruffled. Years ago when we had our previous dog I was walking down the hall and here was the Silky Terrier on the spare bed in the back room with his head on the pillow.

"Gerroff!" And he was off!

That was about as sinful as they got. That's not the case with people - we know right from wrong and God will hold us to account for it.

Even on those rare occasions when animals kill or injure humans it's due to instinct or humans have trained them to act that way.

For all we know God's got an absolute menagerie up there. Or heaven might be limited to angels and spirits only. We don't know. Elijah was supposed to have been taken to heaven in a chariot pulled by flaming horses. Balaam's donkey talked. The Holy Spirit descended on Christ in the form of a dove. In allegorical language the lion will lay down with the lamb.

We'll have to wait till we get there.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums