Senior Veteran
Jan 18, 2004
✟19,629.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
CA-Conservatives
LOVEthroughINTELLECT said:
Doesn't the MBTI simply measure tendencies and preferences?

I don't know. I have not even taken an introductory college Psychology course. But it seems to me that it is really about measuring tendencies and preferences, not about classifying people into rigid personality types and then describing each type.
That could be, but my tendencies and preferences can't be put into a box either. I'm more complicated than that :)

Upvote 0
G

generationseeks

Am I the first extrovert to post on this topic? lol. Very interesting, dear Watson...

ENFP

Notice the words they use--they make me laugh because people have OFTEN used the same words to describe me! Words like...
zany, unconventional, distracted (lol!)... "follow through tends to be a problem" (too true!), "bored quickly," PROCRASTINATOR (just ask my parents!).

I don't think it's always accurate because it is such a subjective test, but for me, it's almost discouragingly right on...

Upvote 0

Super Gnat

Take my hand, precious Lord, and lead me home
Sep 15, 2003
Cleveland, Ohio--Go Cavs!
Visit site
✟16,409.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
fishstix said:
That could be, but my tendencies and preferences can't be put into a box either. I'm more complicated than that :)
I know what you mean. I think they're primarily valid as the ways that people act instinctively when they're in a stressful situation. Like I'm an introvert; if I'm stressed out and it's getting to me, my first impulse is to want to be left alone. Most extroverts would probably tend to seek out somebody to talk to about it, or think it over in a place like the mall. But I still talk to my friends about my problems sometimes, and I think everybody wants a little time to themselves.

I'm an INTP by the way, which is probably why I overanalyzed just now ^_^

Upvote 0