Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Can you provide some statistics to show that girls are assaulting boys on a daily basis? Or is this hearsay?
Personal observation in the school I work in and from talking to my kids. Of course most of it isn't actually assult but it's a fine line that was crossed in this case.

Upvote 0

BigDaddy4

It's a new season...
Sep 4, 2008
Washington
✟222,719.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And another thing if you notice..I think its important too..the "free for all" sort of attitude..with many girls..like "look its a girl..grab her boob"!Look its another girl... "hump the air"..

They needed a harsh reality check..Jack Ass is right..you want to act like a jack ass..your going to be treated like one..Jack Ass by the way ..those guys committ cirminal acts in some of there pranks and stunts..and have been arrested and charged with crimes..

Im sure they are "scared straight' now..or at least it sounds like they got the message..

Dallas

I don't know if they are "scared straight" or not because of being arrested, but one of them died recently in a firey car crash because of his irresponsible behavior. From what I've read (which is very limited), some of the others don't seem "scared straight" because of that. Some people never learn I guess...

Upvote 0

Avniel

Doing my part each day by being the best me
Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But .. not assuming that you did it .. but if you did, what made you think you could, or it was normal, or okay or whatever? That's what I would like to know. I always knew - can't remember the parental teaching moment, but I knew - that touching other children's bodies wasn't appropriate.

I hate the B word. Why would that be okay? It's part of the disrespect towards women that makes guys think it's okay to disprespect them.
I mean I think its the over sexualized tv that is out that really plays a major role in that. Then boys hit the age where they are getting numbers trying to be players, just thinking their smooth and just really have no ideas on how to get girls. I never did but I have been personally grabbed on by girls when I was young, and even some when I was older in college and hit the club with my friends. So who knows what puts that in the mind of a person to touch another childs person.

But the reality we are not looking at is that those boys have grabbed other girls, 4 girls complained how many other girls turned and giggled.

The B word to me is more like slang. Especially when you grow up in an area where everyone calls people that. I have heard more men called the B word then women, I don't think the B word plays a role in that. I think the B word speaks for a man's general respect for a particular woman. A lot of times in my community they blame rap for the imagary of women.

Truth is if a woman is mean, rude, nasty and has a stank(meaning bad nasty just ugly acting) attitude she thinks she being assertive, but men just see her as being the B word. If a woman has multiple sex partners(even some times one after the other during the same night). So when I say something that is a negative label then I'm disrespecting her.........No she is disrespecting herself.

Even with family, I have family members that if a man disrespects them I don't know what I would do.....But then I have other family members that are definatly out there, why would I care that a man calls them this or that.........because in reality that's what they portray themself as.

I think the reason behind the b word is that women with nasty attitudes are all over tv, and then you have bitter women raising bitter daughters and the cycle countinues.

I have yet to hear anybody(past highschool levels) disrespect that nice church girl thats on every college campus. I mean how many times have been on campus freshmen year and seen a girl get knocked out on campus, more then a few..........and what did the men around do nothing. But how many times have I seen a boy get jumped for disrespecting that sweet girl thats always smiling??

A man isnt going to respect a woman more then 1) how she respect him and 2) how she respects herself.

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
If another solution other than handcuffing them would have worked as well or better in order to deal with the problem and also encourage better behavior in the school in general, would it have been acceptable to those who so strongly approve of what was done?

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if they are "scared straight" or not because of being arrested, but one of them died recently in a firey car crash because of his irresponsible behavior. From what I've read (which is very limited), some of the others don't seem "scared straight" because of that. Some people never learn I guess...

Thats horrible..Im very sorry to hear that..what a waste.. :cry:

Dallas

Upvote 0

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If another solution other than handcuffing them would have worked as well or better in order to deal with the problem and also encourage better behavior in the school in general, would it have been acceptable to those who so strongly approve of what was done?

Only if EVERYONE gets the same courtesy..Everyone who is ever arrested and charged(before conviction we are ALL arrested and charged) get to walk to the police car of their own free will..There are PLENTY of people Mscribe that are arrested and HANDCUFFED only to be later aquitted of the crime..So if you do it for them it must be the entire procedure is changed for everyone.

IOW NO One should have to be handcuffed when they are put under arrest .

Dallas

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟65,046.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Can you provide some statistics to show that girls are assaulting boys on a daily basis? Or is this hearsay?

Personal observation in the school I work in and from talking to my kids. Of course most of it isn't actually assult but it's a fine line that was crossed in this case.

Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Yes, who wouldn't want that? I don't especially care what happens to the boys, just so long as they're not allowed to continue assaulting girls in the school.

Upvote 0

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Site Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟65,046.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Only if EVERYONE gets the same courtesy..Everyone who is ever arrested and charged(before conviction we are ALL arrested and charged) get to walk to the police car of their own free will..There are PLENTY of people Mscribe that are arrested and HANDCUFFED only to be later aquitted of the crime..So if you do it for them it must be the entire procedure is changed for everyone.

IOW NO One should have to be handcuffed when they are put under arrest .

Dallas

But dallas makes a good point too.

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Of course not it wasn't about the boy's life but it was about an agenda, it had nothing to do with educating these young boys but more so demonizing man(as in male humans). If they school wanted to implament a solution maybe uniforms, stricter supervision, sexual harassment workshops, a system put in place to handle these situations, parents conf., no physical affection of any kind(holding hands)......the people would have still wanted the boys charged.

I don't think picking up a phone and calling saying your son did this and this to my daughter how are we gonna fix this, is anything wrong.....Instead people want to steam roll some kids to make a point......smh

Upvote 0

Avniel

Jun 11, 2010
Bronx NYC
✟39,141.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ding ding ding, we have a winner.

Yes, who wouldn't want that? I don't especially care what happens to the boys, just so long as they're not allowed to continue assaulting girls in the school.
That's not Christ like Athene, and honestly it shows you to be slightly prejudice.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

dallasapple

Aug 13, 2006
✟13,920.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But dallas makes a good point too.

Exaclty and the point is they werent just "handcuffed"..

The police dont just 'handcuff' people..its when they have a reasonable cause/evidence to ARREST you ..

In order for them to have NOT beeen handcuffed ..they would had to of NOT been reported at all to the police..OR the police could have determined once they were reported that there was no cause to arrest them..the handcuffing is PART of the arrest procedure..the police can not pick and choose WHO to handcuff or not when they arrest someone..In fact I think they can get in TROUBLE for taking someone in under arrest and NOT handcuffing them..th only other option is if their is a warrant..you can turn your self in to the police..and depending on what its for..when you get there you may not be handcuffed and put in a cell..IOW you can be "booked" and released without being handcuffed..in SOME cases..

Thats why I don't get all the fuss over being handcuffed..its normal standard procedure during an arrest.Its not some sort of police brutality ..or only reserved for some people..EVERYONE gets handcuffed..

Dallas

Upvote 0
Apr 15, 2009
Canada
✟16,558.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
In the novel Les Miserables Jean Valjean goes to the galleys as a slave for stealing a loaf of bread. I think that we can all see how enslaving a man with a starving family for stealing bread is excessive.

What is Christian at all in admiring the letter of the law so much? I mean do we really believe in Christianity when that's what we prefer to considering another way of handling something? Is this what some of you want...that the police never let you off with a warning? Speeding is way more dangerous than what the boys did. Shoplifters have sometimes been warned, and not done it again. Handcuffing is not done universally. Do you all want to be treated mercilessly?

Properly speaking God should punish all of us for a million actions with unseen consequences that are sinful, that harm and ruin. God forgives us, has our forgiveness waiting for us the moment we repent.

So when the possibility that something else could be done is brought up, I think we should leap at it.

Upvote 0

Sailor_A

Jun 7, 2011
Earth
✟8,352.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is it that you don't understand? Like none of it or some? What specifically?

I don't know if I can be specific because it seem hard to me to see the point of the thread. From the opening post, I just don't know what direction was intended for the thread to follow. But nevermind.

Upvote 0

JaneFW

Aug 12, 2005
IRL
✟11,369.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Crime is crime McScribe. As Christians we are to obey laws, regardless of whether we agree with them or not, and while God would forgive every single criminal, there are always consequences to sinful/criminal behavior, which is generally a jail sentence - that's true for everyone. These kids were getting treated the way that anyone accused of a crime would be treated, and if the behavior fell within the guidelines of sexual assault, then same as if a kid had broken a kid's nose, or been caught with drugs, they are going to treat that as a crime, because it is one. These aren't toddlers at pre-k, they are kids who are over the age of reason.

I don't see handcuffing as the biggest issue, I really don't. For the 10 minutes those kids spent in handcuffs, I imagine how long some of those girls might have to live with the repercussions of being assaulted, by hands being placed on their private parts. You might think it's nothing important, but for a modest young girl, it is a big deal. Not all girls are street-wise and sexualized at that age, they're actually quite innocent. The boys might have also been quite innocent of how serious their actions were, but y'know, I can't just believe that because you know! You know from being a young child - don't touch!! Those are private parts. Don't let anyone touch yours, and you don't touch theirs.

Am I the only one who has taught my kids this stuff?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

chaz345

Dec 14, 2005
✟20,724.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

If it were girls though, the possibility of 10 years in prison and being branded as sex offenders for life would have been way too harsh, right?

I suppose you believe that the victims in this case were pressured by some form of patriarchy to ask that the charges be dropped. If even the victims seem to feel that the possible punishment is way too harsh, maybe there's something to the idea that it is.

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Nope, hearsay would be if I had only heard it from someone else. Not the case, I see it every day first hand.

On my home computer, I have an article bookmarked that discusses how to help our sons fend off aggressive girls (it's Christian based, btw). If female aggressors did not exist in the tween/teen demographic, why on earth would articles like that exist, right?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.