Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
The bible praises the courage and integrity of Shadrach, Meshach and Abedegno and their willingness to face certain death in order to do what they believed was right. This evil tyrant threatened to burn them alive in a furnace if they did not worship the right god. This evil King was the epitome of cruelty and violence and evil.

Jesus also threatens to kill or torture people with a fiery furnace if they do not worship him and accept him and love him.

What is the difference?

Theodore A. Jones

Sep 20, 2015
✟436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The bible praises the courage and integrity of Shadrach, Meshach and Abedegno and their willingness to face certain death in order to do what they believed was right. This evil tyrant threatened to burn them alive in a furnace if they did not worship the right god. This evil King was the epitome of cruelty and violence and evil.

Jesus also threatens to kill or torture people with a fiery furnace if they do not worship him and accept him and love him.

What is the difference?
Since you are an atheist what difference would it make?

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Since you are an atheist what difference would it make?

The nature of the bible is an important factor in determining whether or not I accept it as true or good.

Do you not see any importance in communicating the nature of your beliefs to other people?

I honestly just want to know what you think. It's interesting.

Reactions: FatalHeart
Upvote 0

Theodore A. Jones

Sep 20, 2015
✟436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The nature of the bible is an important factor in determining whether or not I accept it as true or good.

Do you not see any importance in communicating the nature of your beliefs to other people?

Since you have admitted to being an atheist that is the end of all matters. You are as about interested in what I might say as the last dead dog laying in the road you came upon even if it was your dog. Besides only being 22yrs you think you've got the world by the tail. If I'm still around I might consider conversing with you when you get to be 56, but I doubt. Adios.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Since you have admitted to being an atheist that is the end of all matters. You are as about interested in what I might say as the last dead dog laying in the road you came upon even if it was your dog. Besides only being 22yrs you think you've got the world by the tail. If I'm still around I might consider conversing with you when you get to be 56, but I doubt. Adios.

Uhm... I am not 22... before you try to psychoanalyze me I suggest you learn math again and don't give me a spill of caring for dogs in the road if you don't even care to tell me your thoughts that I told you I interested in. You are an clear example of prejudice and bias... how did you even guess at my age anyway?

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

What is the difference?

Why are you asking this question?

Reactions: oi_antz
Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

If you received an answer that removed your doubt that the bible was good and led you to indeed embrace it as a "good" book, what would your next question be?

Upvote 0

Theodore A. Jones

Sep 20, 2015
✟436.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Uhm... I am not 22... before you try to psychoanalyze me I suggest you learn math again and don't give me a spill of caring for dogs in the road if you don't even care to tell me your thoughts that I told you I interested in. You are an clear example of prejudice and bias... how did you even guess at my age anyway?
Oh my. Well my mistake about your age. Your mug shot doesn't need much of a guess. I really don't own you the time of day atheist. If you wanna know where I stand just look it up on the net. When you get to sixty or so check back in. OK?

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Oh my. Well my mistake about your age. Your mug shot doesn't need much of a guess. I really don't own you the time of day atheist. If you wanna know where I stand just look it up on the net. When you get to sixty or so check back in. OK?

That's not a picture of me, It's a picture of a man I am attracted to and that I think is awesome. Kind of like my hero. He was not 22 in that picture either.

I am 33, I have kids of my own.

You sure do have a problem with non-believers :p if you didn't want to talk to me then why did you respond? You seem like the stereo-typically grumpy old man who throws rocks at kids from his porch but im not a kid.

wow you're grumpy

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
If you received an answer that removed your doubt that the bible was good and led you to indeed embrace it as a "good" book, what would your next question be?

I am not sure what it would be I have had a lifetime of conflict over the bible. I have no idea what I'd do or want if I ended up believing the bible were good. I am so against that notion I cannot even imagine it.

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am not sure what it would be I have had a lifetime of conflict over the bible. I have no idea what I'd do or want if I ended up believing the bible were good. I am so against that notion I cannot even imagine it.

Then I see no reason to answer your question.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Why are you asking this question?

I want to know how you manage the problem. I am not looking to learn about god, that is true. I am looking to learn how you manage this conflict if you acknowledge it.

I am also not looking to shame or attack your beliefs. I just want to know how you handle this.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Then I see no reason to answer your question.

Why? I don't understand. I would readily share my ideas with you even though I knew you would never accept them. It helps us learn about each other and maybe even appreciate each other

Reactions: FatalHeart
Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I want to know how you manage the problem. I am not looking to learn about god, that is true. I am looking to learn how you manage this conflict if you acknowledge it.

I am also not looking to shame or attack your beliefs. I just want to know how you handle this.

It is not a problem or a conflict for me. So I do not have to "handle" it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Why? I don't understand. I would readily share my ideas with you even though I knew you would never accept them. It helps us learn about each other and maybe even appreciate each other

I can appreciate you without having to have you share your beliefs with me. If you want to tell me about yourself, then I am all ears.

Upvote 0

Hikarifuru

Shine Bravely
Nov 11, 2013
✟20,553.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I can appreciate you without having to have you share your beliefs with me. If you want to tell me about yourself, then I am all ears.

I don't actually think you'd like what you hear about me :( because I am not save-able and that either makes Christians sad or angry and it doesn't seem fair when you wont tell me what you think

Upvote 0

anonymous person

Jul 21, 2015
✟67,894.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't actually think you'd like what you hear about me :( because I am not save-able and that either makes Christians sad or angry and it doesn't seem fair when you wont tell me what you think

I would love to hear about you, regardless of your beliefs.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.